Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

2002 ZL1 with 125 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz
You should have waited for the trailblazer SS
I wanted to but the TB SS is not available in the EXT version plus I am not ready to pay GM's hi sticker price for the SS I figure $55k when it's out

Sean
Old 06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by 01pewter2001z28
I wanted to but the TB SS is not available in the EXT version plus I am not ready to pay GM's hi sticker price for the SS I figure $55k when it's out

Sean
I think it's going to go for $40K.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default 2002 ZL1 with 125 miles

Originally Posted by NC Guy
Thought you would reply J.D.......................

Do you know who was the original owner? Fliping a ZL1 thru a dealer/broker seems weird at this point in time. Your thoughts please.

Craig.

Craig,

No.............I don't know who the owner of this one is. There was 28 of these cars delivered through Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids. I know the owners of most of those 28 cars but several of those cars have traded owners since delivered. For example, Charlie Lilliard in California owned the #3 2002 Phase III ZL1, sold it to Patrick Jointer in Texas and now John Meyer with Happy Days Dream Cars in Warrensburg, MO owns it and has it for sale at his dealership.

The car mentioned in this thread is the #10 car sold from Hendrick Chevrolet. I don't know who the present owner is/was. I know that Hendrick bought a couple of these cars with no specific owner ordering them so that they could put them on their showroom floor for show and to sell them at a nice profit.

I would agree that selling the car through a broker sounds a little odd unless the owner is financially sound and had just decided to get rid of it and doesn't want to mess with the logistics of selling it himself. Most of these cars, as you off all people well know, have traded among "people in the know". They either get in touch with Matt Murphy at GMMG, Inc. and put the word out to him that they are either looking for a ZL1 or want to sell theirs or they get in touch with one of the dealerships that sold them like Berger and tell them that they are looking to sell or buy. I know when a friend of mine purchased his Berger SS, that's what we did. I contacted Dennis Barker (when he was with Berger Chevrolet) and told him that I had a friend who was looking for a Berger SS. A couple of weeks later Dennis called me and told me he knew of one and wanted to know if he could contact my friend and tell him about it. The rest is history. My friend now owns the very first Berger SS ever produced.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 06-14-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

i wish i was rich!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1

The car mentioned in this thread is the #10 car sold from Hedrick Chevrolet. I don't know who the present owner is/was. I know that Hedrick bought a couple of these cars with no specific owner ordering them so that they could put them on their showroom floor for show and to sell them at a nice profit.
Your right J.D................Hendrick Chevy had 2 or 3 in their showroom looking for big profits. They are located about 40 miles from me here in NC.

I talked to two different salesman via telephone about them and neither could give me any specific info on any of the cars. All they could say was that only 69 were built and they are very special and Blah, Blah, Blah! I got the feeling they would rather sell me a Hummer. I called Matt and he told me what you have mentioned. Hendrick wanted to flip some cars for a larger profit.

Seems many of the GMMG cars are desirable.......and thats a good thing!

Craig

Quick Reply: 2002 ZL1 with 125 miles