Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Fake Firehawk... Don't buy from TexasToys!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you take a real good look at the "firehawk hood "you can see texas toys uses suncoast hoods (i believe ) they look a lot like real ones but are more buldgy and do not have the air inlets on top.In the middle of the air grills the hood covers a piece of the fascia which a real hawk hood does not!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

couple decals and a 500 dollar hood and they can sell the car for a couple grand more. or the guy that traded it in did it <shrug>
Old 09-11-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we should e-mail them and tell them they are total jack asses. What do you think? Just give me the word and I will tell them myself Has anyone had the chance to call SLP to see if it is a Hawk or not.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Delux247
AGGHHHHH.... being a CETA owner, this pisses me off even more... check out this HALF-ASSED FAKE CETA:
http://www.texastoys.com/all_big.php?car_id=61

There are so many things wrong with that car it's not even funny. The hood decals are incorrect, the Trans Am on the door was put WAY too high, and CETAs exhaust outlets on the bumper aren't supposed to be painted yellow, they're black! The bird on the rear between the tail lights is the incorrect color as is the "Trans Am" writing that is there... it's red... it's supposed to be a light silver/gray. I need to stop now... this is pissing me off way too much just looking at this thing... $26k... even for a legit CETA with those miles, what rip off.

ummh, that link is for a mustang gt
Old 12-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down TexasToys screwed my friend, too

TexasToys.com sucks!! They sold my friend, 19 years old, an Acura with the wrong computer on it and it had the check engine light disabled. They said it had been wrecked in the back with minor damage, but in reality it had been totalled and rebuilt thus the wrong PCM. Now it's in the shop with engine/computer problems to the tune of $1500.00 in repairs. He's only had it a month. They told his mother that he couldn't prove that it was like that when they sold it to him, that he might have disabled the light himself, and laughed at her on the phone. No offer of repair or compensation was made at all. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TEXAS TOYS IN HOUSTON!!! They claim to be the largest online car retailer and claim to have such a good reputation on eBay. That's a load of crap. I couldn't even find them on eBay at all. Texastoys on eBay was selling toys!!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Banned

It's a good thing I don't live within 100 miles of that place. I would make a 2am mission and burn that ************ to the ground!

Please don't let me put any ideas into someone's head.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbodydude
They claim to be the largest online car retailer and claim to have such a good reputation on eBay. That's a load of crap. I couldn't even find them on eBay at all. Texastoys on eBay was selling toys!!
They are on ebay, and unfortunately do have a good 'reputation' since they get ebay to remove negative comments they receive, but they've got a strange account name: tyger007
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAP...serid=tyger007
Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When did they start putting Raptor hoods on Firehawks?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
When did they start putting Raptor hoods on Firehawks?
As soon as they saw the price difference between new oem Firehawk and the Raptors. They buy stripped, wrecked, flooded cars, and pass them off BLATANTLY as some gift to the muscle car enthusiast.

They've been in business for years. Whatever happened to the saying "What goes around comes around."
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACW
They are on ebay, and unfortunately do have a good 'reputation' since they get ebay to remove negative comments they receive, but they've got a strange account name: tyger007
http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAP...serid=tyger007
Dammit wheres that "Tiger that attack Roy" picture when you need it!

Quick Reply: Fake Firehawk... Don't buy from TexasToys!