Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Post Some Pics Of Pewter WS6's

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats 2 of 5! I also have a Pewter 02 WS6 with the camel interior. I never knew it was such a rare combination. Thats awesome.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Teching In

I heard that there was only 200 pewter trans am's made in 2001,is that true??
Old 02-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01WSix
i would highly doubt it, but then again, you never know
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jassick
hey bst4lst, you wouldn't happen to know the number of 2001's with that exterior/interior set up would you?
Have we talked before on a different site? Someone asked me this exact question in the past. However, I do think that for the '01 model year you could order pewter with camel as an available option - I'd have to verify.

As for your question - I have no idea. When I discovered that you couldn't order a 2002 model with pewter and camel interior (attempting to build one on Pontiac's web site and it indicates this in the catalog) my research led me to the former WS.6 Product Manger at ASC. He thought it sounded like an interesting story, did some research for me and he got back to me with the good news. I would suggest that if you want to do this kind of research, call ASC and get some leads. Email me if you like and maybe I can lead you in the right direction.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PGT-ZE
Thats 2 of 5! I also have a Pewter 02 WS6 with the camel interior. I never knew it was such a rare combination. Thats awesome.
First, please don't think I'm questioning you or anything, but I would make sure you are not confusing the taupe (light beige leather with matching door and rear panels) with camel (medium brown leather with black door and rear panels). You could order pewter with taupe, but not with camel. It would indicate this on your window sticker easily or you'd decode the VIN. I assume you know what you're talking about, so Congrats! I think it's pretty cool having something unique and I feel lucky owning it. I am the original owner and intend on keeping it for a long time.

Do you guys feel a rare exterior/interior combo helps hold its value? Boosts resale value, etc.?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01WSix
Trans Ams total or Trans Am WS.6s?
Again, if you really want to get down to the nitty-gritty of the production numbers, I suggest calling ASC. I did this back in '02 and I found them very helpful and willing. Something like this may be documented already though.

The one thing I'm missing is documentation from Pontiac describing the uniqness of my car. All I have right now is an email from ASC, my window sticker and a build sheet. I'd like something official from Pontiac, but that would be tough to get.

Last edited by BST4LST; 02-13-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BST4LST
Have we talked before on a different site? Someone asked me this exact question in the past. However, I do think that for the '01 model year you could order pewter with camel as an available option - I'd have to verify.

As for your question - I have no idea. When I discovered that you couldn't order a 2002 model with pewter and camel interior (attempting to build one on Pontiac's web site and it indicates this in the catalog) my research led me to the former WS.6 Product Manger at ASC. He thought it sounded like an interesting story, did some research for me and he got back to me with the good news. I would suggest that if you want to do this kind of research, call ASC and get some leads. Email me if you like and maybe I can lead you in the right direction.
um, not that i know of, unless you're on carolinarides.com as well, then it is possible. but after reading your post after this one i quoted, i'm pretty sure i just got taupe as an interior, but thanks for your help.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wish I had one!!!!!

Quick Reply: Post Some Pics Of Pewter WS6's