Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

GMMG performance edition SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-Body Gathering 9. Its memorial day weekend every year in Atlanta. G10 was this year, and obviously G11 is coming up next
Old 11-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

I mounted my grilles and then taped across the front of the opening even with the front edge of the installed grille. I then removed the grille and added another 1/2 inch width back to the back area of the opening. I then scuffed what was not masked off and then painted it "satin black" to match the tail panels. After it dried, I put the grilles back in after putting the factory grey "Camaro" lettering back in the fascia. When they went to GMMG, they pulled the lettering back out so the "SS" and "SS 427" emblems would not be distorted.

....and that is how I did both of my "Twins" with their black grilles.

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Great pics guys.

Any chance you guys can get me a close up pic of the front billet grille. I am currious where the black behind the grille started and stopped. Its flat black, but curious how it looks up close. There doesn't seem to be a start and stop to make the paint look right.

Thanks guys
Old 11-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

Yep, I come and go. I have been trying to find another job somewhere else, since my retirement! I am bored!
Yep, I bought another 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS. "Jackie-Rags to Riches" wasn't a wrecked Camaro, but a roller missing the engine, tranny, and interior. I am in the process of putting a trick paint job on it, putting another 550+ hp engine in it, a beefed tranny, a custom designed interior back in her, roll cage, some heavy "meat" mounted on her new silver colored Torque Thrust II wheels, and a lot of the "extras" that came off the "Twins" when they came back from GMMG.! She should be a sweet cruiser!
Yes, he was moving to Kansas, so I will be taking Jenny up there so we can get some pics of the only 2 GMMG 427 Camaro SS/LE/PE Verts together! That is going to be sooo neat!

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Hey RareSS, I have not seen any posts from you in awhile. I heard that you got another one. BTW, I saw Jenny's twin at Bowling Green.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the compliments on my "Girls".
There is another one getting her new "face and body lifts" and her new "make up look" done now!
This may sound bad to some of you, but I do not like driving/shifting the six speed tranny that is in her. (I love driving and racing the four speed trannys though!) It was because of this that I did not ever drive her very much. Now she is a 600+hp 427 with a six speed! She is very radical and I mean very radical! In 5th gear and at 60 mph, she lights the tires up without even trying! She is a 9 second quarter mile Camaro, so yes, she does have torque out the whazoo. S
Being she is a Vert, I had Matt put the welded SFC's on her to "help" the flex. Any more, I drive her up the road and back to the garage just to circulate the fluids in her. I have had her home about a year and I may have put only 100 +/- miles on her! I guess like the LT-4 Camaro, she is an investment and I want to enjoy looking at her in her prime condition. When I do drive her, all the neighbors hear me and come looking and grinning!

That is my reason for not driving her very much and why I put the custom built 427 C5R engine in her, instead of the Coupe that I drive a lot more.

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
Raress- not to be rude, you have some absolutely beautiful cars. I love the 35ths, but why would you have the Vert be the phase III instead of the coupe? Ever worry bout the problems the power is going to cause with the body cause its not as strong as a coupe?

And that blue GMMG Camaro was given to the guy at G9 right? I remember seeing it. Absolutely beautiful car!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for all the pics , That blue one is "amazingly beautiful"
Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RareSS
I mounted my grilles and then taped across the front of the opening even with the front edge of the installed grille. I then removed the grille and added another 1/2 inch width back to the back area of the opening. I then scuffed what was not masked off and then painted it "satin black" to match the tail panels. After it dried, I put the grilles back in after putting the factory grey "Camaro" lettering back in the fascia. When they went to GMMG, they pulled the lettering back out so the "SS" and "SS 427" emblems would not be distorted.

....and that is how I did both of my "Twins" with their black grilles.
Thankyou so much. Your the first to ever tell me what someone has done. Do you notice the area where the black starts when the grille in installed? I have never actually looked closely at the front of a Gmmg car to see if it is. Go figure.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Thankyou so much. Your the first to ever tell me what someone has done. Do you notice the area where the black starts when the grille in installed? I have never actually looked closely at the front of a Gmmg car to see if it is. Go figure.
You are welcome for the info. That is what we are here for, is to help one another with problems and ideas.
The black starts around the edge at the back of the grille. You really do not notice it because all you see is the black grille and the black background.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Well, to each their own. You make some good points and completely understand why you wouldnt drive it that much, especially being so powerful. But personally, Ive owned my car for 2 years and 1 week now, its a 6spd, and its my daily driver. Its probaly not been driven at least once a day by me a total of 3 weeks IF that. And I love it! Hopefully itll be sitting for a lil while if I go into the military and the miles will stop racking up, and modding will begin! lol

Anyways, your cars really are beautiful. And they are collectors. And like anyone that doesnt own one, im very jealous! Keep 'em beautiful!

Originally Posted by RareSS
Thank you for the compliments on my "Girls".
There is another one getting her new "face and body lifts" and her new "make up look" done now!
This may sound bad to some of you, but I do not like driving/shifting the six speed tranny that is in her. (I love driving and racing the four speed trannys though!) It was because of this that I did not ever drive her very much. Now she is a 600+hp 427 with a six speed! She is very radical and I mean very radical! In 5th gear and at 60 mph, she lights the tires up without even trying! She is a 9 second quarter mile Camaro, so yes, she does have torque out the whazoo. S
Being she is a Vert, I had Matt put the welded SFC's on her to "help" the flex. Any more, I drive her up the road and back to the garage just to circulate the fluids in her. I have had her home about a year and I may have put only 100 +/- miles on her! I guess like the LT-4 Camaro, she is an investment and I want to enjoy looking at her in her prime condition. When I do drive her, all the neighbors hear me and come looking and grinning!

That is my reason for not driving her very much and why I put the custom built 427 C5R engine in her, instead of the Coupe that I drive a lot more.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Those are some of the best looking ss i have ever seen seriously.
Does anyone know where you can get the black decal (I think its a decal) on the back of the camaro's underneath the spoiler?? I think they look sick on those cars.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
Well, to each their own. You make some good points and completely understand why you wouldnt drive it that much, especially being so powerful. But personally, Ive owned my car for 2 years and 1 week now, its a 6spd, and its my daily driver. Its probaly not been driven at least once a day by me a total of 3 weeks IF that. And I love it! Hopefully itll be sitting for a lil while if I go into the military and the miles will stop racking up, and modding will begin! lol

Anyways, your cars really are beautiful. And they are collectors. And like anyone that doesnt own one, im very jealous! Keep 'em beautiful!
Thanks. It is an great honor to have three very unique and rare Camaros like these. I love to drive the Coupe and try to drive it regularly.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by getsomebeyatch
Those are some of the best looking ss i have ever seen seriously.
Does anyone know where you can get the black decal (I think its a decal) on the back of the camaro's underneath the spoiler?? I think they look sick on those cars.

If you are talking about the rear panel that says "CAMARO" it is actually painted satin black.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

what company does GMMG go thru to make the replacement stripes? My LE has a lil' boo-bood so need stripes for bumper cover.

Hey Jim, glad to see you posting up........hows doctor camarostein's next project coming along?

Last edited by rule 7 ss; 11-19-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

all these cars are freakin gorgeouSS
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Old 11-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rule 7 ss
what company does GMMG go thru to make the replacement stripes? My LE has a lil' boo-bood so need stripes for bumper cover.

Hey Jim, glad to see you posting up........hows doctor camarostein's next project coming along?
Hey Charles,
"Jackie" is kinda at a stand still. I am waiting on the body shop. I am trying to get the ebony interior for her now. I can't find any on the boards, so I have been on ebay and getting outbid at the last minute. She is going to really look neat when she is done. She is just going to take time to do her right.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The BBM SS makes my dick hard as a rock... god damn what i would do for that car!! You think my girlfriend is hott enough for ya?

Oh well i am getting my 00 SS M6 tomorrow morning, i cant wait.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro6662
That right there is a car I will always look up to for inspiration. That beauty sits just right, those wheels actually compliment the car, and the angle of the pic.....priceless.

Let me see some more pics as I have a 01 red SS vert.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh my lord these are awsome.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Launching!

some asked about a pic of the grille

Quick Reply: GMMG performance edition SS