GMMG performance edition SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMMG performance edition SS

Originally Posted by tigertank
do they still mod cars?
They are finishing up the Dick Harrell Camaros now. Probably won't be doing anything else with Camaros until the new Camaro comes out. They only do modification work for dealers such as Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet, Berger Chevrolet, Tom Henry Chevrolet, Carl Black Pontiac,etc. The only time that they have done anything on an individual basis is the 35 anniversary Camaros (at least that I am aware of).
Old 06-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tigertank
do they still mod cars?

Check out http://www.vengeancerd.com/ Mike and Ron past/present did work for GMMG call Ron if you want to mod camaro vette GTO
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Vengeance is good. Real good. But slow. It took them 24hrs. to build my last car!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

thx ill give em a call
Old 06-02-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

so all of these different "phases" were available right out of the factory. I know some of the 427s were available out of the factory, but were really rare and expensive. I just didnt know there were so many versions. Im not aware of Trans Ams doing anything like this.......?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wldesyWS6
so all of these different "phases" were available right out of the factory. I know some of the 427s were available out of the factory, but were really rare and expensive. I just didnt know there were so many versions. Im not aware of Trans Ams doing anything like this.......?
You could get them right after buying the car or send it to them whenever you liked, as long as they could get you in their line. Check out the GMMG web site, they have more info on all of these cars. Phase III cars were the 427cu in cars with the c5r racing motor in them. I'm pretty sure that it is too late to try and have them do a phase build on your camaro now though.

I am looking to build up my bare ls6 block like the gmmg phase II motor, but would like to get more specs on it because all that I have now are alittle shakey. I know they start as basic ls6 motors, but have different heads/ cam and possibly pistons. I know that the motor's compression ratio was raised to 11.8:1 . Anybody have any more info on the 02 phase II motors? I would love to build this block to 500hp and 475 lbs ft torque. Please help me if you can!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

legal - you can probalby find what your're looking for but as far as collectability it won't be a GMMG car without the certification from Matt Murphy.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grb
legal - you can probalby find what your're looking for but as far as collectability it won't be a GMMG car without the certification from Matt Murphy.
Oh I know, I am not looking for any kind of collectability regarding this motor. I am building this block to put into my 86 Iroc Z, so don't worry I am not about to impersonate a GMMG car. Though I do like what they have done with their cars. I also plan to put a GMMG exhaust system on it because there is no better sound than the one they have produced. Basically I just would like specs on the motor because they have done exactly what I am looking to do, build a high compression motor that can handle around 500 horsepower and equivalent in torque while still maintaining the driveabilty of these ls1/6 motors. So if anybody has any specs please post up or pm me, I'll be glad to hear from you. Thanks.

Quick Reply: GMMG performance edition SS