Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A
View Poll Results: How much would you pay? (assume you have the cash)
30-35k
29.03%
35-40k
16.13%
40-45k
6.45%
45-50k
22.58%
50k and up
25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Firehawk collection: What would you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:50 AM
JUICED96Z

Just my .02

A member on here that I know at one point owned one of every turbo V6 GM cars made, as in a GN, TTA, Syclone, Typhoon. He sold them all seperate, it would be SUPER hard to find someone with the cash to buy it all.

Now, when he sold the TTA it came with the cups and high dollar leather jackets still in the wrapers. He still has them hidden away and did not sell them with the car. Would they go for a lot back in the 80's? No, but think of what a low mile TTA owner would pay for them 20 years from now or so? Think of what someone would pay from them down the road that wanted to take their car to Barret Jackson.

I think if you hold onto at least the parts/decal stuff that way down the road when they are very hard to find that they will be worth a lot.

Heck on Barret they said a wood steering wheel with the horn button from a GT 500 goes for about 5k!
If it was me I would sell the cars but keep the parts.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You make a good point. At the moment I am concentrating on selling the '02 and talking with a few people about deals. I'm liking the part trade option, it seems to make the range of possible deals a bit wider. And, I have the room so why not?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
JUICED96Z

And remember, if you sell the wheels and all you may never see another set like them again so if you do sell them make sure you are happy with what you sell them for.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Again, very true. Once the car(s) sell, the pressure will be off as I have plenty of room to keep the parts as long as necessary. Funny, all the part-trade offers I'm getting seem to be Camaros. I thought for sure someone would have something unusual as a trade. Not that I'd mind a Camaro.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:58 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by Camino LS6
Again, very true. Once the car(s) sell, the pressure will be off as I have plenty of room to keep the parts as long as necessary. Funny, all the part-trade offers I'm getting seem to be Camaros. I thought for sure someone would have something unusual as a trade. Not that I'd mind a Camaro.
If its a matter of storage if one of the cars is rarley driven just put all of the parts neatly in it... ???
Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
If its a matter of storage if one of the cars is rarley driven just put all of the parts neatly in it... ???
No, storage is no issue. I have tons of room all the cars and parts are always inside and always have been. It's a money thing or I wouldn't be selling anything. My comment about having room was about taking a part-trade on the '02 Hawk. I have enough room to add at least 6 more cars if I had the money to do it, so taking a car in trade is an easy thing for me to do.

Quick Reply: Firehawk collection: What would you pay?