TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Default car cover?

which one has better out door quality?

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=08960

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=08950

or go all out with:

http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=76&cid=

Last edited by hawk584; 01-01-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the silver SLP cover (Camaro 35th version). I rarely use it unless I have a soft cover under it. It is a bit rough and feels like it would scratch the paint around the edges where it rubs, specifically the mirrors and center of the hood. On the plus side, it is not "water-proof" but will shed water pretty well.

I would not use it for outdoor storage; it's mostly for show as a dust cover.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used California Car Covers for years on a few different cars and have been very happy with them. I keep my car covered while at work (open outdoor parking lot) and they really help keep the car clean, cooler, and people tend to park somewhere else. I've always used the Stormweave variety. Can't go wrong with them.

Marc
Old 01-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Tha cal cover is probably of a better quality. I bought the SLP SS one, just because I have tha SS.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

thank you guys, i was going to get the one that says " firehawk" but i'd rather have the car more protected. checking out the web site, i'm going to go with the "stormweave"

Stormweave’s dense construction cushions against parking lot dings and is resistant to tears and punctures. Stormweave is highly water resistant and blocks 99% of ultraviolet rays (with an Ultraviolet Protection Factor of 180). Stormweave can help protect your vehicle’s interior and finish from sun, rain, snow, dew, industrial pollutants, tree sap and animal droppings. The unique four-layer fabric construction includes two center layers made of short, dense fibers that act as a moisture barrier to repel water, yet allow the passage of air. It features a limited four-year warranty.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on my second Noah from California Car Cover for the WS6 since 1998. Just a couple tips.

On and Off:
Once you get the cover, get a consistant way of taking it off and on. Otherwise you get the ends mixed up. I fold mine up from the sides creating a strip about 2 feet wide that runs the length of the car in the middle. I then roll it from front to back. I always remember to set it on the trunk lid and roll it down the car to the front.

Tire Dressing Issue/Solution:
If you use tire dressing put plastic inserts in place in the tire area. With the cover on, measure and mark the area where the tires are. Invert the cover and use some double face tape to stick a thin piece of plastic in that tire area slightly larger then the size of the wheel. Otherwise you get tire dressing all over the insided of the cover and drags it across the car. I used that very very thin clear plastic covering that painters use. Much thinner then a garbage bag.

Cleaning:
Never use laundry detergent or a cloths dryer!!! I said I'm on my second, what I really mean is I'm on my 5th for my cars. Two destroyed by cleaning. Use Fantastic only and let it air dry. The spin cycle of a washer will get most of the water out anyways.

Side length:
If you order and extra 4" it takes the cover to within an inch of the ground. This is on a WS6 convertible anyways with 18" and 40 series tires. They will add any amount of additional length you want. That way your whole tire area is covered and you don't have to dust off the lower part of the rim. Three inches more would probably make most happy.

Last edited by Mark A. Rogalski; 01-08-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: car cover?