Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Any Berger or GMMG cars for sale around ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop it PR-1, you're making me blush. There are far better Joes than me around here!

You know you can get your Berger upgraded at anytime and in my most humble opinion, expensive toys come in a distant second to family.

Look at it this way; if just half the guys around here are right the fourth gen cars and the GMMG cars in particular will be selling for pennies on the dollar in a few years. So you've got that going for you!

Also, some guy talking about future collector cars today on the Super Car Forum said the late model camaros look "like a landed catfish". Now, this guy is right. Dead right. About most late model maros....but not all. I'm not sure there is an uglier car in the world than ANY late model camaro (you seldom see an SS mutilated), plain Jane Z28. Put body molding and a 747 horizontal stabilzer on the deck and you've got a car that's uglier than a bloated tick on Jo Jo the Dog Faced Boy's ***!

It's too bad all fourth gens get lumped in with those sinfully disgusting POS but they do! And when some people see or think late model camaro, that's the picture conjured up in their mind. But, we need people like that, so that when the time comes they won't bid up the prices of our lovable little catfish.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ray................Brad (PR-1) has already had his Berger SS upgraded..............it is a Phase IIX 475 h.p. He did this a couple of years ago and picked it up from Matt in Davenport, Iowa on the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour.

There are three of us that are in the same club (Mid-Iowa Camaro Club) that have GMMG cars with the Phase II or Phase IIX engine upgrade. We have another member with a Dale Earnhardt Camaro with the Phase I and a 6 speed manual transmission, #45 which was not signed by Dale (unfortunately).

Charlie (HotRod1974) - Hot Rod Magazine Camaro #1974 with the Phase IIX (475 h.p.) upgrade and an Automatic Transmission.

Brad (PR-1) - Berger SS # PR-1 with the Phase IIX (475 h.p.) upgrade with a 6 speed manual transmission.

J.D. (02_phase2_zl1) - ZL1 Supercar #17 with the Phase II (475 h.p.) upgrade with a six speed manual transmission.

And..................shame on you Brad.......................blaming it on Jess...............I think you probably want to build that new house just as bad as she does.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Time for me to add my 2 cents worth. Brad (PR-1).....hope you don't think I'm piling on, but you told me you wanted to buy a new "5th gen" SS once GMMG and Berger Chevrolet worked out the deal. Besides, your garage plans have Jessica's blessing. Even the lift you ask for is in the budget. No use adding Camaros without the garage space. How much snow are we getting tonight?

Oh, by the way...Brad's Phase IIX Berger SS is the Berger test mule. The first GMMG car built.Special....you be the judge!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ray..............here is Brad's PR-1.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! How many hot catfish do you Iowans have anyway????
You guys getting snow?? I'm gonna hit the pool in about 10 minutes!! <-----sorry about that. It's really not that warm here, it's just that the pool is set on 97 degrees!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grb
Looks good! How many hot catfish do you Iowans have anyway????
You guys getting snow?? I'm gonna hit the pool in about 10 minutes!! <-----sorry about that. It's really not that warm here, it's just that the pool is set on 97 degrees!!!
grb.....that's piling on!!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Sorry. However, it is in the 50s and raining. So if your head gets cold you have to get under the waterfall. So it's not exactly perfect. Just kidding, it really is!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ray.............sounds like you are having some rough weather in your area too. Be careful and stay safe ! ! ! ! ! ! !

We have Blizzard conditions here. They say it will stay this way until 6:00 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) evening. I live outside of the metro. The wind is gusting up to 50 m.p.h. here and the roads are drifting shut. Had to use the 4WD on my pickup to get home this evening.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Any Berger or GMMG cars for sale around ???

Ray...................come on up to Iowa and visit Charlie and me. While while we don't have a swimming pool set to 97 degrees...........we do have plenty of the white stuff.

You know it's bad when the snow plow gets stuck in front of your house and it takes another snow plow truck 10 minutes to pull him out and THEN THEY JUST LEAVE. I couldn't go to work now if I wanted to. He pushed up a 5' barrier and then just left it there.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

J.D. that is a fantastic offer. I love snow, cold wind, half frozen mush and suicidal depression. It I didn't have a 12:15 tee time I would take you up on your wonderful offer! Gimme a 'snow' check.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Any Berger or GMMG cars for sale around ???

Originally Posted by grb
J.D. that is a fantastic offer. I love snow, cold wind, half frozen mush and suicidal depression. It I didn't have a 12:15 tee time I would take you up on your wonderful offer! Gimme a 'snow' check.
Don't sugarcoat it................tell me how you really feel about my offer.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Wow, Charlie, J.D., & grb all have some good banter going on. Good entertainment value on a misreble day here in Iowa. You ask how bad is it? If J.D.'s pictures aren't enough proof, my wife got rear ended this morning (thank goodness no harm to her, but her car got a nice little love tap on the rear) by some crazy woman driving too fast behind her & ended up sliding into her. And then my lovely drive to work this morning involved plenty of white knuckle experiences, not to mention a typical 25 minute commute ended up being well over an hour.

J.D., you are correct sir. I do want a new house. But as anyone who has built a new house before can probably attest to: a very stressfull experience that just keeps getting more and more expensive as the process evolves. My wife has hinted at me a few times that maybe one of my Camaros should be sold to "subsidize" the house endeavor. Thus far, I haven't given in to that thought. But women can be persistent.

Btw Charlie, the lift is off the need list for the moment. With our typical house costs starting to increase beyond my hopeful budget, the lift is on standby - maybe in a year or two down the road.

grb, I can't wait for when GMMG Camaros start selling for pennies on the dollar. That means you, I, and everyone else that knows what theyr'e really worth will get one hell of a deal and can expand our collections!!!!! Honestly though, I doubt that will ever happen b/c the people who own GMMG cars know what the "experience" feels like, know how they sound, feel, and drive, and own them b/c of that. Based on that, a typical owner isn't going to give it away even if they do want to sell!!!

Oh yea grb, when can us Iowa GMMG Camaro owners (J.D., Charlie, & me) expect to receive our spring break invitation to your poolside w/ waterfall resort??? Do you serve those little umbrella drinks too???

Later.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Gentlemen you are all invited to a poolside Cuban cigar and whiskey-arama during the weekend of the F-bod gathering. Umbrella drinks are a specialty of the house. Of course the umbrella will be connected to an olive in a stiff Martini. However, I am willing to bet you will spend more time at the bar than the pool. Just a hunch.

Golf is available too of course.

JD - I'm as far north as I'm going. My next move will be further to the south!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Teching In

thank you grb, that sounds like an excellent invitation. The poolside fun would just be the start, the icing would be checking out your Camaros.

Go figure that this year, J.D.'s wife had some cheap airline tickets lined up for the '07 F-bod gathering. And of course, I passed. Got too much going on this spring with that darn house and can't pull it off this year, but I sure would like to attend sometime down the road. I think that J.D. might be making the trip down this year, so he just might follow up on your invite.

Hey J.D. & Charlie, you up for going down to the gathering some year and then living the good life with grb???
Old 03-03-2007, 08:18 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Gentlemen, the good life awaits. Vengeance is just a few miles away and I'm pretty sure Ron and Mike would be glad to give us a tour of their shop. Ron might even take you for a spin in an 8 sec. car!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Brad, I've already got a note from my wife, but J.D. isn't married !!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Charlie, I must have had a brain fart on that one. Sorry J.D. & Nancy.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way I could ever pay the amount for a Fbody would be, if it was a DH car!

Other wise I couldnt do it, but the DH is so badass and special I can see the money well spent..
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2
Has three miles less than mine,guy doesn't know how to enjoy a car

Will you sell your car to me for that same price? I'll enjoy it!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want a white and hugger orange stripped GMG camaro...so badly. Or an LT4 97 30th....

Quick Reply: Any Berger or GMMG cars for sale around ???