Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

California Emissions--any exemptions for a 'Hawk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 06:31 PM
Teching In

Default California Emissions--any exemptions for a 'Hawk?

I have an interview in the LA area next week. If I were to get this job, is there any chance my 'Hawk would pass emissions with LT's, !Cat, !EGR, !AIR?

We have emissions testing where I'm at now, but Ohio classifies Firehawks as ' Collectable' vehicles and grants them emissions exemptions provided you have a 2nd car registered in your name.

Any chance CA has the same kinda setup? Or am I pretty much SOL?

thanks,
CL
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CL21376
I have an interview in the LA area next week. If I were to get this job, is there any chance my 'Hawk would pass emissions with LT's, !Cat, !EGR, !AIR?

We have emissions testing where I'm at now, but Ohio classifies Firehawks as ' Collectable' vehicles and grants them emissions exemptions provided you have a 2nd car registered in your name.

Any chance CA has the same kinda setup? Or am I pretty much SOL?

thanks,
CL
That's a bad *** law in Ohio. I never heard of a law like that in Cali, but chances are you are SOL. Calif is the state of a million ordinances. cant do **** here anymore. BTW you may want to check the western section.
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Ya your f-ed unless. You have 3 options: 1 keep the car registered in ohio, but if you get caught there is a fine. 2 put it back to stock, get it smogged then mod agian. 3 find someone to pass you, but goodluck finding someone to do that
Old 02-23-2007 | 08:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoGamesLS1
Ya your f-ed unless. You have 3 options: 1 keep the car registered in ohio, but if you get caught there is a fine. 2 put it back to stock, get it smogged then mod agian. 3 find someone to pass you, but goodluck finding someone to do that
Kinda what I figured....

I'd just as soon get rid of both my cars and get a CTS-V or G8 as opposed to switching back to stock and modding again; then repeating. Plus, I suppose I dont really need a winter car in LA....

Quick Reply: California Emissions--any exemptions for a 'Hawk?