Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

SLP versus GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP VERSUS GMMG

Why does everyone think the GMMG cars are a load of crap for the price?

They are no different than SS's.

1. SS is not built by Chevrolet, it is built by SLP (well in the early years SLP built them anyway, maybe still did in 02 also or had SLP parts installed on them).
2. SS pay minimum of $3000 for a hood and spoiler and exhaust that SLP puts on a Z28.
3. SLP certifieds the SS to be 50 state emissions legal (although my 96 SS (when new) was not certified in California
4. GM warranties all SS's from SLP.
5. SLP minimum of 2400 cars produced in 96 up to over 11000 in 02
6. SS Has GM blessing.

GMMG cars.

1. GMMG cars built by GMMG not CHevy, but also has GM blessing
2. GMMG certifies its cars to be 50 state emissions legal.
3. GMMG has minimium price of 15,000 (depends if car started as SS or Z28 ranging from high 30 to mid 40's)-as new cars not the price everyone sees from resales- which includes 380hp, aftermarket wheels, different suspension, upgraded brakes, lowered, power antenna and are limited to under 100 cars per a specific model (berger, hot rod, zl1, tom henry, earnheart)
4. GM warranties GMMG cars. and certain dealers will warranty phase 2 and 3's

Just wondering if it is all about price or something else (collectablity, etc.). Cuz how many were willing to spend 32,000 on a 96 Z28 SS made by SLP that got 305 horses compared to the Z28's 285 hp (not many only made 2410 when 3000 was supposed to be made). NOw everyone buys SS's with 325 hp instead of the Z28's 305 hp. Doesn't make much since to me. Almost half of camaros made were SS's

Z28 or B4C Special Service - 13,614 SS - 11,191
But then add this into the equation and the numbers get closer

Camaros were ordered as "Fleet" by dealers (for Police, federal government, and large business/rental/concerns) - 2,246

Just a few similairities. I have noticed. But the GMMG cars are taking a lot of crap. What gives? Curious.