How Rare 2001 1sc Ss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How Rare 2001 1sc Ss?

i searched all over but cant find a break down of the
SS option to 1SC option. anyone know?

this is an 01SS 1SC car with T-TOPS. its my buddies,we both bought LS1 f-bodies at the same time. he got this car with 34,000 miles for 14 grand. i dont know how many were made but i know its real rare. it has no options at all other then the lids and monsoon stereo. still has the 1SC code in the door we were amazed when we realized what it was. this picture was taken the day he bought it for 14 grand. i wasnt sure it was good deal then but now i know he may have made out.

he goes by BIGGIE442W30 on here. hes the owner,but he never posts anything about the car. but it has me intrigued.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought the 1SC was a stripper model only. Are you sure its a 1SC? Never new there were any out there with t-tops. Is the interior graphite, crank windows, no cruise control?

My cousins had absolutely nothing, hardtop, crank windows, no cruise, graphite seats, and was a 6-speed.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

im absolutely positive 100%. i thought it was weird being an SS with no options other then T-tops. so i checked the door and lo an behold, there was the 1SC code staring me in the face. i was like WOW myself. so im trying to find out how this car couldve slipped thru..or was special ordered like this. the previous owner was oblivious to what it was. he didnt like that it had no power optons. thats why it went cheap($14K) IMOand with low miles at that. no one else seems to have an answer either. but its sittin there and i can take a pic of the tag to prove it. someone has to have another one. it cant be a 1 of 1 t-top SS 1SC car.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddys car has no options at all but then he has t tops and leather seats..... they made some weird cars... they certainly aren't worth more because of this though
Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

calm down. he doesnt have a super rare car.....and it didnt 'slip through' anywhere. it was probably ordered that way, or a guy just bought it off the lot as-in. you could strip down chevys however you wanted. Pontiacs came faily loaded standard. its not 'rare', so much as 'unpopular' or simply not common. it sure doesnt make it any more expensive or a collectors item. the only advantage is its cheaper, less power things to break, and lighter. that would make a fantastic race car....road race or drag. hardtop would be best, but whichever. look around for posts in this and the camaro section. there are quite a few SS's with no options on this board. its not a factory freak or rare find. look around and youll see other stripper SS with t-tops.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
calm down. he doesnt have a super rare car.....and it didnt 'slip through' anywhere. it was probably ordered that way, .
i wasnt that excited seeing it isnt my car. but i have never seen another one like it. my guess is it was ordered that way, why else would it have t-tops? too bad the break downs in codes dont show both option and the build numbers. no one else on LS1tech seems to have one..so i figured id throw a feeler out there to see who else has one.

Quick Reply: How Rare 2001 1sc Ss?