Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

WS6 hood VS Raptor hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 08:29 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Well I'm not a fan of the ultra z hood...but...you're right, it's opinion. But anyway, I hear you, a special edition appearance package, it does lose the matching status without the stock hood, but more important is the appearance the owner prefers. Maybe they save the stock hood, or to some buyers it might lose a bit of value, but if the owner likes the appearance, then that's what really matters. As for other car people thinking wtf...if this thread is a fair sample size, then you are the low percent of people out of many posting to seem to think wtf...
Yes it is all about opinions, and people will do to their cars as they wish.....like ricer wings, neon lights etc.

I am not by any means a small percent that thinks its ok to put a Raptor hood on a WS6. If I was that small percent then surely I should be able to even find one pic of a WS6 with a Raptor hood. There is your answer.

I'll tell you what, this thread is getting moved to where it should be discussed...Special Edition Vehicles. Lets see what real WS6 owners think about a Raptor hood on a WS6, ok?

Peace,
Craig.
Old 12-27-2007 | 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Old 12-27-2007 | 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adriana Lover
I wish I could find a car like yours cheap or an old accord...those cars get so much money, around here anyway. Cheaper to keep and fix my rustbucket dakota and pay the extra gas, otherwise I could get into a manual black honda...had my stepfathers 95ish accord a few times lately, good little dd car.
Old 12-27-2007 | 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

I like the raptor hood alot but if your car is a ws6 I would go with that
Old 12-27-2007 | 11:57 PM
Teching In

I have a Formula WS6. Rare *** car and the previous owner sold the factory WS6 hood and put on a Raptor hood. It looks bad ***.

Guess what I'm trying to do? Find an affordable factory WS6 hood to throw back on there. If I saw my own car driving down the road I'd call it a fake. They also added a WS6 badge on the other side of the back. Grrrrr...
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah don't get me wrong, I dont' think it's wrong to want the factory look, but not so wrong to not care about the factory look too. Not sure I'm with you guys on original hood being so much more important that original ws6 wheels too.
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skybob
I have a Formula WS6. Rare *** car and the previous owner sold the factory WS6 hood and put on a Raptor hood. It looks bad ***.

Guess what I'm trying to do? Find an affordable factory WS6 hood to throw back on there. If I saw my own car driving down the road I'd call it a fake. They also added a WS6 badge on the other side of the back. Grrrrr...
I like the look of your z by the way, with the white wheels and the pinstripe, very unique, looks excellent.
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
I wish I could find a car like yours cheap or an old accord...those cars get so much money, around here anyway. Cheaper to keep and fix my rustbucket dakota and pay the extra gas, otherwise I could get into a manual black honda...had my stepfathers 95ish accord a few times lately, good little dd car.
Hahaha i don't and have never owned a honda.
Old 12-28-2007 | 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'm up for a thrashing of anything motorized...but my favorite is my ls1...
Old 12-28-2007 | 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CRAGER
...ummmm lets see ZR1's are vette wheels, which I myself don't care for any vette wheels on f-body cars, and a hood is a body panel. A WS6 car is a WS6 car anyway you put it. To put a Raptor hood on a WS6 car is a disgrace IMHO.

So wheels mean nothing if you change them, but body panels are part of the car, more so a special optioned car like a WS6, Firehawk, SS, etc...
If people see a WS6 car with a Raptor hood they're going to think its a fake WS6, and either way fake or not they're going to think WTF?!

Peace,
Craig.
Seeing as how most people don't have a clue and I have a real WS6 complete with rpo, I think the Raptor hood looks better too. I wouldn't care if someone thinks its fake. My door label says different. Oh and the kicker ITS MY CAR. The weird lip from the hood goes away, the lines flow better IMHO. And *gasp* its a 99. So its slightly more rare than a 01-02 when G.M. produced more WS6's than regular Trans-Am's. I may be in the market for a hood. On a side note I changed the wheels too. I just a car. And a expression of ones self. Do what you want with it.
Old 12-28-2007 | 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

IMHO yes, unless its a nasty *** drag car. Here is a better question for you. How about an SS with an Ultra Z hood??? That is the same as WS6 with a Raptor hood....lame.

Don't get offended, its just my opinion.

But let me ask this of you guys that are for a Raptor hood on a WS6. First off, none of you have one and therefor not proud of it. How about this, buy a WS6 and slap a Raptor hood on it. Go to car shows and snap a bunch of pics and show LS1TECH.com your WS6/Raptor. The WS6 guys will "smell what you're stepping in."

Peace,
Craig.
Honestly im not offended, if anything you're the one who sounds "offended." When i said i smell what your stepping in i meant it as i "get your drift." Nothing more. But if your gonna be a smart ***...

Isn't modifying our vehicles the main reason we are here? If we can't change something on our cars we don't like then whats the point. Isn't that against the hot rod mentality? Your cars look far from stock...

I love WS6's, but i don't think they are rare enough to warrant not being able to switch hoods without "offending" a fellow ws6 owner. Your ta isn't even a ws6 so why are you so pissed about this? Do you have ws6 envy?

The hood does not make or break the car.

BTW your TA is gorgeous
Old 12-28-2007 | 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I like the raptor hood alot but if your car is a ws6 I would go with that
I agree. I have the Raptor hood and love it. But keep the WS6 hood for the WS6.
Attached Thumbnails WS6 hood VS Raptor hood-ta-1-08-07.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007 | 02:02 PM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by its turbo time
Honestly im not offended, if anything you're the one who sounds "offended." When i said i smell what your stepping in i meant it as i "get your drift." Nothing more. But if your gonna be a smart ***...

Isn't modifying our vehicles the main reason we are here? If we can't change something on our cars we don't like then whats the point. Isn't that against the hot rod mentality? Your cars look far from stock...

I love WS6's, but i don't think they are rare enough to warrant not being able to switch hoods without "offending" a fellow ws6 owner. Your ta isn't even a ws6 so why are you so pissed about this? Do you have ws6 envy?

The hood does not make or break the car.

BTW your TA is gorgeous
Thanks for the compliment, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I do feel that WS6 cars are rare and should keep the body the way that they were made. Put it this way, if you take away the hood....whats left to make it stand out that its a WS6?? ....one little badge on the rear bumper.
I do have WS6 envy, but as rare goes my 2001 SS is more rare, and I've modded the living crap out of it.

Peace,
CRaig.
Old 12-29-2007 | 05:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
I agree. I have the Raptor hood and love it. But keep the WS6 hood for the WS6.
I don't know, that raptor looks pretty badass on your car. I think I'd rather have that.
Old 12-30-2007 | 06:19 PM
TECH Pimp

Your car is a WS6, get another WS6 hood......period.

Peace,
Craig.
Agreed.. That's like me sticking a GT hood on my Cobra..
Old 01-16-2008 | 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Get the insurance co. to pay for your factory ws6 replacement, buy your own raptor hood and have the shop spray both ...... if u change your mind switch em out , you have that luxory. whereas firehawk owners have to buy the damn bumper too

Quick Reply: WS6 hood VS Raptor hood