Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Hendrick Motorsports Camaro SS? Who has the REAL information?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear that,I might have to ask Dave for a job
I would love to work for SLP and I am in Philly,I could commute everyday
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy you have to bring your Hendrick LT4 car to the Hendrick Motorsports car show this fall!
A 30th Anny SS is on my "Cars I must own one day" list and an LT4 car is the ultimate! I've got to see your car.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Here are a few images of the Hendrick unveil. First shot is the vehicles under their covers. Second is a random owner pulling the cover off of his Hendrick SS and the last is a group shot with Rick Hendrick, his crew and the Hendrick SS owners:

-Dave Hamburger

David, Great pictures, I see Rick Hendrick, Terry (The Ice Man) LaBonte and Ray Evernham. Was there any other crew or drivers there?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The man (very dark grey/blue polo & sunglasses) and the woman (light yellow t-shirt with red sunglasses) standing to Ray Evernham's right (he's on the far right of the picture with the blue crew shirt) are the orignal owners of my HMS LT4.

Here they are at time of delivery.

Originally Posted by 47Hammer
David, Great pictures, I see Rick Hendrick, Terry (The Ice Man) LaBonte and Ray Evernham. Was there any other crew or drivers there?
Not on that day . . . Jeff Gordon and Ricky Craven arrived on the following day - thus not all HMS Camaros have their
signatures.

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 05-09-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sunset01SS
Andy you have to bring your Hendrick LT4 car to the Hendrick Motorsports car show this fall!
A 30th Anny SS is on my "Cars I must own one day" list and an LT4 car is the ultimate! I've got to see your car.

I'd like to it would be a really cool home coming . . . time and now fuel . . .
Old 07-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Default Hendrick Motorsports car show this fall??

I own one of the (Sebring Silver, LT1, #3132) cars sold out of the Cary, NC dealership. Unfortunately I am the 4th owner and the previous owner traded the car and kept all the window stickers and such so I don't know what number HMS it is. I would like to make it to this event, whether is is a SLP event in NJ or a Hendrick event in NC, I'm there! Please post some additional information.

Last edited by AKAKWIK; 07-06-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: er...spelling
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

The car show at Hendrick Motorsports is put on by the Carolina Camaro Association, www.carolinacamaroassoc.org
It's always in November. Here is the most current info from their website:
11/22/08 - CCA Event: Christmas Cruise for Kids car show at Hendrick Motorsports in Harrisburg, NC. Tentative date so stay tuned for more details.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Thanks a bunch...I'll make plans.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
In regards to to the LT1 Hendrick Motorsport SS's . . .

From all the info I can find the total number was 61 . . .

I also know car #54 is no longer with us . . .

http://community.webshots.com/album/83745165MWafsO
That'd be mine. I miss that car. And good to see Dave posting on the boards still. I miss the old SLP board. I was Diggler's HMS on there.

Looks like most of the production numbers were covered. I know there were 9 LT4 SS's, 61 LT1 SS's, and there were 30 3.8 V6 Hendrick Camaro's. I still see a couple of the V6's running around here in Chapel Hill every now and then, and one woman out here still daily drive's here Hendrick LT1 SS.

I've got a sheet I can probably access fairly easily.......if anyone is looking for breakdowns with factory options. I believe Reggie from SLP sent it to me a while back......maybe it was JeffY. Either way........the Hendrick SS is still one of the best looking Camaros. There will be one in my garage one day again.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97 HMS SS
That'd be mine. I miss that car. And good to see Dave posting on the boards still. I miss the old SLP board. I was Diggler's HMS on there.

Looks like most of the production numbers were covered. I know there were 9 LT4 SS's, 61 LT1 SS's, and there were 30 3.8 V6 Hendrick Camaro's. I still see a couple of the V6's running around here in Chapel Hill every now and then, and one woman out here still daily drive's here Hendrick LT1 SS.

I've got a sheet I can probably access fairly easily.......if anyone is looking for breakdowns with factory options. I believe Reggie from SLP sent it to me a while back......maybe it was JeffY. Either way........the Hendrick SS is still one of the best looking Camaros. There will be one in my garage one day again.
That car definitely had presence when driving it down Atlantic Ave in Virginia Beach. A lot of people would stop and stare as it rolled down the street. It is by far one of the best LT1/LT4 cars ever made.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

whenever i drive my dad's 30th anniv, i get looks from anyone i pass. the color combination and seats are enough to catch anyone's eye. i believe the 30th anniv SS's are the most recognizable of the 4th camaro's.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

...I've got a sheet I can probably access fairly easily.......if anyone is looking for breakdowns with factory options. I believe Reggie from SLP sent it to me a while back......maybe it was JeffY. Either way........the Hendrick SS is still one of the best looking Camaros. There will be one in my garage one day again.
I'd really be interested in seeing that myself. Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

Anyone bringing their Hendrick Ed. car to the car show at Hendrick Motorsports on Nov. 22? I'll be there with my 1970 Chevelle SS and possibly my SOM 2001 SS.
http://www.carolinacamaroassoc.org/xmas_cruise_2008.htm
Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would be interested in the info if it were available!

Anyone bringing their Hendrick Ed. car to the car show at Hendrick Motorsports on Nov. 22? I'll be there with my 1970 Chevelle SS and possibly my SOM 2001 SS.

Brian, I want to, but I have a work related obligation that weekend . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Teching In

I've got mine tore slam apart and am working mega hours with barely a day off so I won't have my car back together. I am going to try to make though.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Teching In

hI I just joined today was searching for information on Hendricks Camaro
I just purchased HMS#55 have no idea what the car was worth but loved it. Anybody have any idea what one of these is worth. Mine has new LT1 engine but got the original engine with it. Car is in decent shape 95K miles has allot of original paper work including addendum sheet with all HMS add ons and window sticker

1997 HMS camaro
1975 corvette convertible
1965 Impala SS convertible
1953 corvette tribute car
Old 01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would be worth more being an LT4 but with the miles it's basically what someone would be willing to give you for it. To me mileage is only a number but for most it is the most important thing. All I can say is enjoy it!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Everyone has been playing down the collectability and value of the HMS Camaros, especially survivor cars like mine (130K miles) and yours. Noone can speak of where the market will go in say 20 years, but for now I plan to enjoy mine for what it is, a great handling, well balanced, american built sports car in what I think is the finest combination of color, stripe, wheel and exhaust ever offered for sale to the general public. I suggest you do the same, while preserving the originality. Enjoy.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Default HMS Camaro

I think do to the limited production and a number of camaro enthusiest think them desirable i would imagine the value to be a bit more than the regular Z28
I have owned a number of sports cars and really like the way this one handles
I don't think thier going to break the bank at Barrets auction anytime soon
They are not widely know. I believe most of them are in the Carolina's
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

the HMS cars will all be worth something no matter the mileage. i think even the 30th anniv cars will be worth something if they're kept under 50K. but i dont fancy them fetching for 100K+ ever.

Quick Reply: Hendrick Motorsports Camaro SS? Who has the REAL information?