Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Hendrick Motorsports Camaro SS? Who has the REAL information?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed those old photos from back in the day. Would of been cool to be there.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I found this it's a black & silver one
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/431974
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

and this. I also saw a couple of other silver & black ones but no other colors.
http://brangeta.googlepages.com/4thg...ohistory223322
Old 05-31-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, I'm glad people are finding my web site.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Default Slp lt4 #10

I have LT4 #10 with 3,400 miles does any body know the location of any other SLP or HMS LT4 Camaros
Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Link with a few photos of Hendrick Camaro SS's

http://www.gmmgregistry.com/id95.html
Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure I've ever seen those pics Jim of the cars sitting together. I'm also surprised to say I'm not sure I've ever seen any with those Camaro/Z28 hoods and stripes.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by superblue
I have LT4 #10 with 3,400 miles does any body know the location of any other SLP or HMS LT4 Camaros
Cool, congrats. Xsta Z 28 has one, see the first page of this thread.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:28 AM

Default 1997 Hendrick Camaro

Hey y'all, i'm new to this site and this is my first post.
I think i own car # 38 or 39. My 1997 SS Hendrick Camaro is Silver with the Black heritage stripes, dual dual exhaust, torsen diff, level 2 suspension, firehawk wheels, hurst short throw, badges, floor mats, ect..
Found it on the the Auto Trader website when it first went online. It was love at first sight!! I bought it slightly used with 19,173m on the clock back in 1999 from an old man in his mid 70's from Raliegh North Carolina. He said he got a speeding ticket leaving the dealership parking lot. I immediately had it shipped out to me here in SF California.
I was told only 61 Hendricks built including the lt4's, not all of them were SS's so i'm not sure why someone mentioned they owned car number 71. I was also told from another source that only 202 silver SS cars were built in 1997 including the HMS editions. I don't know if that includes hard tops. Mines a T-top like most.
My father owns a silver 1997 SS T-top with all the same options except the Hendrick pretty stuff. His car was supposed to be mine. I ordered it from Courtesy Chevrolet back in 1997 but unfortunately i totaled my current ride at the time and my insurance skyrocketed so he wound up with the car. He wouldn't even let me drive it!! I don't blame him.
I just wanted to let you all know that this car has survived and it is still in existence.. or shall i say.. it is in Mint condition! I have not driven it in the past 2 1/2 years due to the fact that i met my fiance in this car.. probaly would've never met her without the car..? I asked her to marry me in this car back in early 2003.. and she was the last one to ride in this car before she was killed by a drunk driver in a head on collision driving her new piece of **** VW GTi. We were together for 7 years and we had just saved up enough money to have a beautiful wedding!
So yea.. the car is not for sale! Dig
I'll upload pic's if anyone is interested including a list of the mods. And any info pertaining to my car would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Mattafakt
Old 10-22-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow... what a story...

If the car is in mint condition and you have good pictures, I'd be interested in using it as the feature car on my future HMS page. I haven't started building it yet, but that's because I have very few images.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Default Rookie

Hey everyone.

Just signed up today because I was curious about my 97 HMS. I have never researched it to this day. Owned it since the fall of 1999. It was my everyday driver until a couple of years ago...so has just under 125k.

Needs a lot of work!

Leaking oil
Paint
Leather

Does this make it junk, or is it still worth something?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 PM

Default Still looking?

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Hey guys, I had a guy email me about his car with some questions and information, and I'm completely stumped! I'm not known for being a quasi-expert on the 4th gens here, but I'm known for it a bit more on CamaroZ28.com's message board, so I sometimes get asked for information about this and that.

Does anyone have any OFFICIAL information about this car, or any of the Hendrick Motorsports Camaros in general? SLP and Hendrick both lack records in their current databases.

You can see the article I wrote and pictures of the car on my site here:
http://brangeta.googlepages.com/4thg...ohistory223322

It'd be easier to read it there than for me to copy and paste everything over at 2am.

Any help would be appreciated!
I have all the names of people who bought the originals. My wife and I still have ours, 83 miles on it to date. Just googled the car and found this, if you need any extra info feel free to message me and I'll be happy to provide you with everything we have.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hendrick Motorsports Corvette

Hello,

While my car is not a Camaro, I think it is worth noting that Hendrick Motorsports created at least one 2008 Corvette Convertible as well. To the best of my knowledge my vert was the only one built by HMS. It is badged by HMS on the supercharger in the engine compartment as well as on the console. In addition I have the original paperwork from Hendrick Motorsports on their letterhead to the previous owner when they built it as well as their dynosheet. The car dynos at 636rwhp and currently has 20K original miles on it. Were there any other Corvettes produced that I am unaware of as I am not able to locate any others?

Thanks,
Michael
Wake Forest, NC
The following users liked this post:
Kato3man (12-05-2022)
Old 07-23-2015, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Also,, you would think they could have picked a better spot to sign these cars,, instead of the hood! Maybe the back seats,, somewhere it could still be drivable. On the hood I would want to seal it up in a bubble and never let it out!!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Michaelod - Haven't been on in a while but love seeing your post !!!!

I have a 1998 SS Vert Verified SLP car that also has Hendrick Motorsport badging and all the 1997 mods from the white HMS cars and keep getting told it cant be real.
You have a 100% real Hendrick Vette and I'm sure there aren't many others if any and I'm guessing not many people knew about yours.
I'm going to keep digging on mine - actually recently had a person from Hendrick contact me wanting more info.

Quick Reply: Hendrick Motorsports Camaro SS? Who has the REAL information?