Interested too.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

havent heard anything about these yet.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Default Harness bars already built; any interest in a follow-on?

You guys, the LG bar was copied off of the design that I and Chris Akers created and that we fabricated with John Groves of Groves Automotive in Roanoke, VA many years ago.

We sold one set to Jason McCall who then went to work for LG, and LG copied the original design but lightened it and that is most likely why people saw any flexing. Jason himself practically totalled a car using our original harness bar with no problems whatsoever, since our bar was built with mild-steel and the tubing was 1.75" which LG felt was overkill.

Here are pix of the original bar, which requires no cutting, welding, etc and is used in conjunction with a floor bar between the two front seat bolts (Wolfe now sells a floor bar as a separate item).

Maybe John Groves would be interested in cranking out another set as a bulk order, but he wasn't interested in single jobs. He has the jig setup to duplicate with accuracy.

Well, strangely enough it is not allowing uploads of my jpgs even though they are only 65KB apiece. Maybe I need more posts first.

Anyway, if a discussion is open lets talk. I enjoyed designing these in the fall of 1998 (yes 10 years ago), roadraced with it and had a great time until I installed a full 6-pt rollbar setup.

Randy Brown
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

To everyone, we ran into some measurement issues on the current harness bar sets that we have made. Due to demand, we will be discontinuing our production of harness bars. We can make a full custom set per vehicle (Just need a few measurements of where your seat is, etc) for $450 that will include powder coating.

I do apologize for this, however we have found that creating a mass produced harness bar that needs specialized gussets per harness set you use and taking into account driver height/seat position; this was not going to happen. We were able to create a universal harness bar, however, due to safety reasons I could not guarantee every driver could be "safe" with these.

V-Ticket: My bar is no copy of yours or LGs. It is an original design as you can see from our pictures on previous pages. I'd appreciate that you take your beef with LG out of my thread. Thanks.

- Matt

Quick Reply: **Introductory Sale** TTP Harness Bar Kit For 5-Point Harnesses Till 2/29