NEW HOOD AND GROUP PURCHASE ANNOUNCEMENT - Check it out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my ws6 5inch ext. lift off hood. Great price
Thanx
Old 03-15-2008, 07:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent, hope IM not to late for the sale pricing
Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much for a flat pin on ta hood for a 2000 picked up?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 AM
TECH Resident

will be calling tomorrow. Finally a good deal has come my way.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks Guys!!
Will answer the pm's in a bit ;}
I have extended the gp again until this Friday (3.21) - but after this date, I'm unable to extend it any further.
Have a great afternoon!
Jeanie

Last edited by vfntech; 03-18-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

where can we find pics of these hoods? I am looking for a ram air hood for my 99 trans am.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hood purchased!!!!! wooohooo
Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Hi Guys!

Bigfatls6 - you can find pictures on our website at: http://www.vfnfiberglass.com - or click on our sponsor link on the right side of the page.

thislswon - Thank You for your order! woo hoo! lol
Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ordered my 3" SS hood today!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

=just realized i gave the woman that took my order the wrong screen name...i gave her SLPLSWON...thats my name on every other car forum..it was laready taken when i signed up on here...anyways...im picking up the hood to save on shipping...cant wait to pick it up!!!! thanx alot for the great deal
Old 03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
FormerVendor

No problem, putting the right user name down for you.

Thanks Ryans for your order! sadly your sig is so true
Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

how exactly does the pin on hood work? Can I get it with just the two pins at the bottom or is it where its all around the hood?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

No, sorry...the pin on hood is geared exclusively for racing application. There are no provisions added into the hood for rear hinges. Some guys prefer to go with a 4-pin method to hold the hood into place, but we generally don't recommend this, and instead recommend using dzus fastners - which are small screw type pins with backing plates, and using about 10 of these pins around the entire perimeter of the hood to ensure no air grabs onto the hood where it is not fastened and pull it off the car.
Thanks!
Jeanie
Old 03-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Teching In

Default ultra Z hood

How much brake in time on the new ultra Z hood I order. Can I hook up the hood lift strut right away . Did my order ship on friday Stewart E.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn missed this by a day whens the next big sale??
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Stewart, your hood shipped out yesterday. You're relatively close, so you should receive the hood within the next day or two. The carrier should be contacting you to schedule a delivery appointment shortly.
We recommend curing the hood prior to paint. This can be done in one of two methods. The first is to use the hood on your car for a minimum of 30 days. The second is quicker, and that is to have your body shop "bake" the hood, this method takes a few hours. Once you cure the hood, it is ready for a light blocksand *to scuff the surface* and then for prime and paint.
You should be able to use your factory struts with the hood. We have added reinforcement for the struts into the hood. When we do an install here, our guy does use the factory struts on the customers hood. We have not run into any problems with this....however......
There is a small percentage of customers that we have received feedback from, who either feel uncomfortable with this or have struts that for some reason have too much tension and go an alternative route with the struts. Because of this, you may wish to feel it out since each hood/car is individual.
There is an excellent article in pontiac high performance this month with them installing one of our ws6 hoods and what they did with the struts. If you wish to pick that up.

Jerseylt1 - don't worry, we have another sale and announcement of another hood coming up very soon
Can't give out any info at this time on this project - sorry! But it is an awesome design.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

is there any diff. between factory hood shocks for the z28 and the ss, since the ss is a fiberglass hood? if there is, i guess it would be best to go with the ss shocks right? i know i have seen some threads around the show dimples in the hood from some of the shocks, so if we use our factory shocks and it shows up, is it covered under warranty or something? also, any info on when my hood might be done or when it might ship? thanks.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a couple random questions pertaining to your hatches. First, when you run a GP like this does it extend to the hatches? Second, you state they are a pin on application on your site, but do they still have the factory hatch mounts built in to them or have those been trimmed?
Old 03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kebie05
is there any diff. between factory hood shocks for the z28 and the ss, since the ss is a fiberglass hood? if there is, i guess it would be best to go with the ss shocks right? i know i have seen some threads around the show dimples in the hood from some of the shocks, so if we use our factory shocks and it shows up, is it covered under warranty or something? also, any info on when my hood might be done or when it might ship? thanks.

Hi!
About the struts, generally the factory struts will work with the hood. We add extra materials to these areas for strength. When we do the install here for a local guy (adding the hood to the car), our guy uses the factory struts as well.
The struts generally work for about 95% of the guys that purchase our hoods.
This being said, we have heard from a small handful of customers, that there has been too much tension with their struts. Most of these hoods were purchased several years ago, and because of this feedback we have added extra to these areas when we make the hoods.
This being said, we recommend that you feel out the hood when doing the install, if you feel that the factory struts might have too much tension, you may wish to replace them or let release some tension from the struts.
There is an excellent article on one of our hoods - step by step install on a ws6 hood - in this month's pontiac high performance, if you wish to check that out.
We have an excellent customer service department *pats myself on the back lol* and we try to help our customers as best as possible. Generally our warranty is limited to 30 days as long as the item is not painted or altered - generally we require a picture or two to get a visual of what is going on.
For our ls1 guys we try to help our customers as much as possible, and base our warranty on a case by case basis, even after the 30 days. We have helped customers even after the hood has been altered or the customer has had it for a while

I did check on your order, and it is currently in production Our production manager is on a much needed vacation this week and will return Monday. If you could please pm me then I can give you a better idea of when your hood will be completed...but estimating, I would say it should be towards the end of next week.

Beaflag - I'm sorry but we do not offer a hatch with provisions for the struts. Our hatch is a lift off version only. It is designed to fasten to the car using dzus fastners - small screw type pins with backing plates.
The gp did extend to the hatches as well, but unfortunately the gp ended last week - sorry! We will be having another sale shortly (in a few weeks), otherwise you are welcome to take advantage of our member discount which will give you a 10% discount.

Thanks!
Jeanie
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope the new hood is for us firebird guys.

Quick Reply: NEW HOOD AND GROUP PURCHASE ANNOUNCEMENT - Check it out!!!