Trans Am/Firebird Replacement Sail Panel Subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by little Red Camaro
Mine rattled the cover's when I had the spacer's on them. Took the spacer's off and no more rattle!

Mine did the same thing.

The spacers are not needed, I drilled my own holes and just used 1.5' screws to secure the speakers to the metal.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!! OK then. I thought with that amount of mounting depth they would require the spacers. I even measured a set of CL-6's that didn't need the spacers for fitment and they were a good inch or so deeper than those so I wanted to make sure there were no depth issues. If I had known this I wouldn't have cut open every box with the exeception of one who already had made some spacers. I had to open 24 boxes...lol!!!
Guys I thank you for the info!!!
SO everyone know by the way.....I had to end the group buy on these as of Monday. I actually was supposed to end it the 1st of the month but extended it another week (all last week).
I am out of stock again and have another order coming in about a week or so depending on SAS Bazooka's production. I did order 20 pairs...40 total...this time to try and keep up with the orders. Regular price is still reasonable on them at $119.00. I'll post when the new order arrives. Also check the car stereo forum as I do have some other new products becoming available from Alpine, CDT, and Planet Audio. Thanks again!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Were mine part of the first order or do I have to wait until the next order comes in?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

Yours are enroute. PM sent.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Wow!! OK then. I thought with that amount of mounting depth they would require the spacers. I even measured a set of CL-6's that didn't need the spacers for fitment and they were a good inch or so deeper than those so I wanted to make sure there were no depth issues. If I had known this I wouldn't have cut open every box with the exeception of one who already had made some spacers. I had to open 24 boxes...lol!!!
Guys I thank you for the info!!!
SO everyone know by the way.....I had to end the group buy on these as of Monday. I actually was supposed to end it the 1st of the month but extended it another week (all last week).
I am out of stock again and have another order coming in about a week or so depending on SAS Bazooka's production. I did order 20 pairs...40 total...this time to try and keep up with the orders. Regular price is still reasonable on them at $119.00. I'll post when the new order arrives. Also check the car stereo forum as I do have some other new products becoming available from Alpine, CDT, and Planet Audio. Thanks again!!
hey man, been trying to get in touch with ya
Old 04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Mine arrived today. Putting them in immediately!

edit:
Originally Posted by Greenbird97
I drilled my own holes and just used 1.5' screws to secure the speakers to the metal.
Best idea ever.

The dang screws that held the old speakers in will dig into the speaker surround because of the built-in washers.

Did you use a rubber washer or anything to pad the speaker surround from the new screws? This is the first speaker I've ever installed that has a surround that you bolt through.

Last edited by Second_Infinity; 04-08-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: updated info.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Second_Infinity
Mine arrived today. Putting them in immediately!

edit:

Best idea ever.

The dang screws that held the old speakers in will dig into the speaker surround because of the built-in washers.

Did you use a rubber washer or anything to pad the speaker surround from the new screws? This is the first speaker I've ever installed that has a surround that you bolt through.
The old screws will dig it, I tried using them and noticed that so I drilled my own holes. I did not use anything to pad the speaker surround. It already has some padding with holes pre-drilled through it. I did you sound deadner around the speaker though, but as far as install, I just predrilled holes in the metal, using the speaker holes as guides, and then screwed the speaker to the metal. Hope this helps!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What is the tracking number for my pair?
paypal skibirdny
john gregory

thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Banned

Sneaky you have mail. They are supposed to arrive today!!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Got mine installed.
I did what Greenbird97 did. Put the speaker in place, drill a tiny hole in the sheetmetal through the speaker hole. I used 6x1" screws. I only used 3 screws to hold each speaker in.

Sounds much better now - but then again one speaker was blown so bad that I had to turn the left 2 EQ bands all the way down. These speakers can do MUCH more than what the stock Monsoon system can push.

Would I do it again? Yup.

Thanks Kee-man!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Second_Infinity
Got mine installed.
I did what Greenbird97 did. Put the speaker in place, drill a tiny hole in the sheetmetal through the speaker hole. I used 6x1" screws. I only used 3 screws to hold each speaker in.

Thanks Kee-man!
I only used 3 screws also. They do sound good!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Massive thanks on the quick shipping... ordered these around Noon on monday, received them by noon today (thursday).
Old 04-12-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I purchased these speakers are well. I thought about using the spacer, but I just rigged something else up instead.

I will say, these speakers sound amazing for the cost. It's a huge improvement over stock.

Thanks Ian for the getting this going.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Banned

My pleasure guys. I searched for awhile to find a suitable 6.5" subwoofer with dual voice coils at a good price level.
I will have some new stealth enclosures available soon. I am working with my new distributer and Probox to come up with a new one. We will see how it works out. I just don't have the time right now to fabricate them so I'm having to come up with another game plan. I just wanted to make sure it was a quality product.
I'll be revamping my site soon as well as CDT has released some new products that I will be trying out as soon as I can find the time to pull my car apart again. When I do I will post up.
Thanks for your support fellas!!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the awesome service Ian. The speakers perform as advertised. Much better than stock. They won't equal a 10" sub in an enclosure but they work well.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
Thanks for the awesome service Ian. The speakers perform as advertised. Much better than stock. They won't equal a 10" sub in an enclosure but they work well.
See, I didn't want the look of a upgraded stereo, that's why I got these speakers. I love the fact that they hit hard, and there's no visible sub.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like to order a set of these. Did you get your shipment in yet?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm interested in getting a pair myself. new shipment in? what would the total be with shipping?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

hey guys kee is selling them on the other thread for 99.99 shipped we need at least one more guy...https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=bazooka+6.5
Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dumb question. Just thought i would ask, as soon as i do it the way i think it should be done, i find out otherwise.

The bazooka has 2 places to hook up wires and my harness has 2 pairs of wires. Do i just hook up the the positives and negatives indiscrimantly to either side of the speaker? It looks like both terminals of the speaker attach to the same part of the speaker.
Just trying to do it by the book. Clarification needed!

Last edited by sneaky7980; 04-30-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Trans Am/Firebird Replacement Sail Panel Subs