LS1 SPEED HIGH FLOW FUEL RAILS! $129.99!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obeyyourthirst
Speed Inc...any chance of another sale with a killer price anytime soon?
Yeah I want some too!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Ttt!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep. lets do another GP...too many ppl coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan wanting to mod man, well thats my case!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm down for a set if we can get this going again.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:47 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I would be interested.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Come on Speed Inc!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ttt...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

When installing these fuel rails...does the evap switch have to stay disconnected.

The speed shop where I am at said that the instructions said to disconnect it....but it smells like **** and the fumes are ridiculous.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

WE have them on sale @ our site www.speedinc.com for $159.99.

Tell ya what.....order them online, mention this ls1tech.com thread, and we will do the $129.99 price for you.

This is an LS1TECH MEMBER ONLY SALE!!! This will expire next friday 5/27

Tom
Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Woohoo. Thanks Tom.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:19 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Thanks Tom, just ordered a set + the install kit
Old 05-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These attach with a regular hose clamp to the factory fuel line. Do some a search before you buy. There have been some problem with the powder coating and fittings sealing. Good price, but the hose clamp is kind of cheesy. They left that out when you asked about the fuel line. You get a braided line that attaches with a radiator hose clamp.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
These attach with a regular hose clamp to the factory fuel line. Do some a search before you buy. There have been some problem with the powder coating and fittings sealing. Good price, but the hose clamp is kind of cheesy. They left that out when you asked about the fuel line. You get a braided line that attaches with a radiator hose clamp.
So dont get the adapter kit ?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a98ws6
So dont get the adapter kit ?
I'm not saying you should purchase or not purchase. I'm just answering the question that speedinc doesn’t. I emailed them about these rails and it was like pulling teeth to get answers. First they didn’t know all the components of the ls1 fuel rail systems and then they never answered the questions I asked directly. I had to get answers from others online here and what I found was not really happy customers in some case. The powder coating is on the threads as well and makes assembly difficult. The fitting need to be screwed together and the powder coating on the threads inhibits this. Also the radiator clamp is a joke. Some have not have leaking issue others have. Mr nasty is twice as much money but does provide a better kit. I might have somehting better to say about this speedinc rail but I couldn’t get straight answers from them and I found complaints about it. IMO attaching a braided fuel line with hose clamp is a joke, bush league play. I wouldn’t buy it. You can buy the aer rails and assemble the fittings yourself and get a real fitting to attach to the factory line. It will be a little more expensive but it wont be hacked either. AND the only reason I'm stepping on this thread this way is because I found speedincs answers to my emails to be evasive and somewhat dishonest.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike#9
When installing these fuel rails...does the evap switch have to stay disconnected.

The speed shop where I am at said that the instructions said to disconnect it....but it smells like **** and the fumes are ridiculous.

Anyone know the answer to this question
Old 05-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I'm not saying you should purchase or not purchase. I'm just answering the question that speedinc doesn’t. I emailed them about these rails and it was like pulling teeth to get answers. First they didn’t know all the components of the ls1 fuel rail systems and then they never answered the questions I asked directly. I had to get answers from others online here and what I found was not really happy customers in some case. The powder coating is on the threads as well and makes assembly difficult. The fitting need to be screwed together and the powder coating on the threads inhibits this. Also the radiator clamp is a joke. Some have not have leaking issue others have. Mr nasty is twice as much money but does provide a better kit. I might have somehting better to say about this speedinc rail but I couldn’t get straight answers from them and I found complaints about it. IMO attaching a braided fuel line with hose clamp is a joke, bush league play. I wouldn’t buy it. You can buy the aer rails and assemble the fittings yourself and get a real fitting to attach to the factory line. It will be a little more expensive but it wont be hacked either. AND the only reason I'm stepping on this thread this way is because I found speedincs answers to my emails to be evasive and somewhat dishonest.
Forward me these "evasive and somewhat dishonest" emails that you have. I would be very interested in seeing which of my employees would answer in that manner. Tom@ls1speed.com
Old 05-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mike#9
Anyone know the answer to this question
you have 2 options, keeping the Evap solenoid on there, and keeping it connected at both the intake manifold and the factory hard line at the frame. The other option is to remove the solenoid, and cap off the port on the intake, and cap off the hard line at the frame. If it is removed, and the line at the frame is capped, then there is no reason for there to be any fumes.

Aeromotive has to be manufacturing the adapter that would go on the feed line located on the driver side. If anyone knows of a source for them elsewhere, please email me a link. We would LOVE to include them in our installation kit, along with an additional hose end. FWIW, double clamping the braided fuel line over the factory hard line has been proven to be reliable to 80PSI on the 800+ RWHP turbo LS1 cars we build. THat being said, it would be much nicer to do it with an adapter fitting, and hose end as I mentioned above.

Tom
Old 06-21-2005, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Man would you guys mind selling another set of rails for $130. Hell I will buy them right now
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
TECH Addict

I'm guessing that installing FRC's over these (or any aftermarket fuel rails for that matter) is not going to work?

BTW,
double clamping the braided fuel line over the factory hard line
Is not good practice at all - very frequently the front clamp will allow pressurized fluid to get by and trap it in the hose around the barb it is installed on between the (2) clamps and create a very localized high pressure area that keeps building over time and will eventually cause the hose to fail.

In any event - good price and the rails themselves are nice

-Jay-
Old 06-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Tom, sorry if it has been asked already, but do you make the rails differently for the Corvette C5? There is much less clearance on the driver's side in the rear on the 'vette. Ihave had to chop rails in the past for clearance there and plug them.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: LS1 SPEED HIGH FLOW FUEL RAILS! $129.99!!!!