FAST LSX Intakes @ Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen fellas, You say that it would be pointless to use the 90mm vs. the 78 mm one on a stock motor, but what about a heads/cam car ( is that considered stock)? Do all those intakes come with the direct port capability or is that separate? I hope the gains are more than that GARBAGE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP that was so highly discussed ? I'm tired of getting GREASED on parts that don't respond or perform ! Will I be able too get more Cfm out of my heads with the new intake ( AS is ) or does it need to be port matched? For ex., let's say my heads flowed 300@6, My ls6 intake only allowed me 280, Will this new intake make it 290 or 300 ? I see the venders answer the easy ques's like "when is it coming out, or how much is gonna cost!" , but answer some real world questions!!! Any Feedback ?
Old 11-23-2003, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

who cares if you get the 90MM intake on the car if the opening on your intake is only say 75mm and your MAF sensor and Throttle body are stock sized as well.

The only way I even see the 90mm working to it's potential is with the FAST 90mm TB when it comes out, an 85mm truck MAF (or bigger if available and Granatelli can custom make em I believe), and an 85mm TSP lid.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nytmare
Listen fellas, You say that it would be pointless to use the 90mm vs. the 78 mm one on a stock motor, but what about a heads/cam car ( is that considered stock)? Do all those intakes come with the direct port capability or is that separate? I hope the gains are more than that GARBAGE ELECTRIC WATER PUMP that was so highly discussed ? I'm tired of getting GREASED on parts that don't respond or perform ! Will I be able too get more Cfm out of my heads with the new intake ( AS is ) or does it need to be port matched? For ex., let's say my heads flowed 300@6, My ls6 intake only allowed me 280, Will this new intake make it 290 or 300 ? I see the venders answer the easy ques's like "when is it coming out, or how much is gonna cost!" , but answer some real world questions!!! Any Feedback ?

Sorry no interest in responding to this type of post.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

The release date has no been confirmed at this time. Hopefully we'll have an intake here for dyno and track test very soon. That all the info I have at this time.

Paul
Old 11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Launching!

We spoke to FAST about ship dates today. They are telling us they will be ready to ship to dealers the first of January 2004. They said we should have ours around the 5th or 6th. That is just an FYI for those interested in Ship dates.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the heads -up on potential ship dates I can wait an extra couple weeks for this (gives me more time to save $$ to get my other mods done )

PAUL @ Thunder, Please keep us informed when you have any new info.

thanks again

-B
Old 11-24-2003, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

I have NO interest in purchasing ANY thing from YOU ever again !
Old 11-24-2003, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nytmare
I have a comment... THEN DON"T BUY THE STUFF THEN!!!!!

EWP-worked great for me,expecially at the track for cooldown like it was built for.
I buy alot of parts from Thunder and they have always been great to deal with.If they sell you a part you want and then you don't like the part.Don't blame who you bought it from or get mad when they don't want to answer a mad post.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I have a comment... THEN DON"T BUY THE STUFF THEN!!!!!

EWP-worked great for me,expecially at the track for cooldown like it was built for.
I buy alot of parts from Thunder and they have always been great to deal with.If they sell you a part you want and then you don't like the part.Don't blame who you bought it from or get mad when they don't want to answer a mad post.

The EWP worked great for us. We did ALL of the dyno R&D for Meziere and saw consistent gains on every car we tried. A typical heads and cam car saw 6-8rwhp. Now that nothing to set the world on fire but it is a gain and just the cooling benefits alone are worth the money to some people. I still have a prototype pump on my wife's daily driven C5 and it's great. Keeps the temps way down compared to the stock pump on the road course. Not sure why Nytmare thinks they are garbage.

Paul
Old 11-26-2003, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Slowhawk, If I wanted your opinion, i'll give it too you ! Paul, that was not intended too be a mad post, but it apparently was too you! I wasn't trying too insinuate anything in particular about a vender. All I wanted was a few questions answered about a product that I need ! If its not to much trouble, can you still answer my questions ? Also, ask CAMMINBEAST, how that EWP worked out !