Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cammin BeaSSt
IndySSR, Enjoy your Flowmaster......!

Damn, I haven't laughed that hard in a while..THANKS
Old 12-30-2003, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Cammin, did you sell enough of these for me to qualify for my free system?
Old 12-30-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

GMMG Please sell me a pair of your oval tips seperate

Old 12-30-2003, 12:02 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, I'll sell ya mine! I've only had it on the car for an hour and I'm not very happy with it. In no way does the sound resemble the sound clips on their website, and from inside the car I can hardly hear it, my stock catback with a 3.5" cutout sounded 100% stronger. The only thing I can hear is the Intermediate pipe banging on the floor board when I powershift on the 1-2 shift, no matter what I do I can't get any more that 1/2" clearance between the I-pipe and the floor board. I will sell it for what I paid for it.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Richie,
You've got to be kidding, right?
I have an A4 Firehawk with lid and SLP Y-Pipe and this thing is LOUD.
I've had exhaust cutouts and in no way does one of them resemble the sound of the GMMG. They burble, the cause backfires etc. The GMMG is smooth.
Guess you must be looking for hellacious loud or something but I don't understand how you can be disappointed?
Sorry to hear you don't like yours.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:05 PM

Thumbs down

Dawg, I'm not bullshitting! I used to have a Flowmaster Catback on the car and ths thing sounds the same in the car and out of the car. ****...My wife even noticed how quiet it was and she's not that much into cars. And no matter what I do I cannot get more than 1/2" clearance between the I-pipe and the rear pass foot well, causing it to hit the floorboard when I powershift and I have street tires.

I had a 3.5" cutout and it sounded deeper and throatier than a 3" cutout. I used to get alot of compliments on how good the car sounded with the 3.5" cutout.

And to add insult to injury GMMG wants a 20% restocking fee if I return it due to the fact that they have to repair the damage done to the pipes when I tightened the clamps.....What kind of Bullshit is that??? So I guess now that tighening exhaust clamps that came with the kit causes damage to the pipes

THIS THING SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE THE SOUND CLIPS ON THEIR WEBSITE!
Old 12-30-2003, 05:58 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Richie, I dunno WTF you were expecting but there isn't a catback on the market that is going to be as loud as a 3.5 cutout. IMPO a stock internal LS1 with a cutout sounds like complete dogshit, so I'm guessing your preferances are WAAAAY off from everyone else. I'm guessing you like raspy loud exhaust? If so, Borla or another cutout is what you need. GMMG is probably the loudest catback i've heard with a good combination of smoothness. I don't even own this catback, and I TOTALLY disagree with what you're saying....

After trying 6 different catbacks on my car, I can guarantee to you that with stock cats in place, you're not going to find anything much louder through a muffler. JMO

Josh
Old 12-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Sent my money order out today! Can't wait to get it installed!

I know my car won't sound like the ones on the website, my car is stock except for a TSP airlid at the moment. I've heard before and after clips of stock cars thought and there was a very noticeable difference. I don't expect to be disappointed.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Richie, did you really expect any catback to be as loud and deep as a 3.5" cutout? Come on now, be realistic. Cutouts are LOUD, hello no muffler. Not everyone wants that Nascar sound on a daily driver though.

Tony
Old 12-30-2003, 06:32 PM

First off I don't like a raspy sounding exhaust, the 3.5" cutout wasn't raspy like the 3" cutouts sound on my car it had a deep tuned sound. I know that it won't sound like the clips of the Blackbird T/A because it has heads/cam and headers but the two Z28's are alot louder than my car is and with alot more growl to them. It sounds exactly like the Flowmaster kit I used to have. If I would have known it was going to sound like it does now I wouldn;t have purchased it.

In my opinion the site is misleading.

Either way this thing will be off the car soon.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:11 PM
FormerVendor

Richie, Im sorry I couldnt help you today. I will tell you right now, something is not installed properly. There are over 650 systems out there right now on 4th Gen F bodies and I have yet to hear anyone complain of clearance. FWIW, we use a 4" I pipe on our 427 cars and it connects to a GMMG catback with NO CLEARANCE ISSUES. Clearance isnt your issue at this point.
Sound... well, the clips on our site show the car driving by, not much misleading by that. Maybe you need to adjust your speaker controls?? You compared the sound to that of a Flowmaster....Im sure if that were the case 650 other people wouldnt have paid 700 bucks for the same sound/NOISE they could have gotten from Pepboys for 79.99. The GMMG is known for a refined/muscular sound, not a $35 cutout.

As for the "bullshit" restocking fee. When you attempt to remove your chambered system and realize you are going to have to cut the I pipe because the crusher clamp has bonded the two together you will see where this comes into play. Im sorry you feel the way you do. You are the first person in 5 years to ever have a complaint about our exhaust other than the price...It is odd to me however, you called Friday asking to refuse the package from UPS due to other reasons, now two work days later you want to return it again. FWIW, I dont know another shop out there that would take a used exhaust back and give you any money because you didnt like the way it sounded. GMMG is going above what is expected as it is.

Again, sorry for your dissapointment.

Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Richie, I would highly recommend a 3.5" Borla XR1 muffler, dumped before the axle. Several local guys run them and they sound like an ultra-deep cutout, without any rasp. Might be the sound you are looking for. Its too loud for me though
Old 12-30-2003, 11:38 PM
FormerVendor

BTW Tony, quit tryin to get chit for free

Last edited by Cammin BeaSSt; 12-31-2003 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask

Sponsors Rule!
Old 12-31-2003, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Tony, I'll sell ya mine! I've only had it on the car for an hour and I'm not very happy with it.

I'm interested and can drive up from Palm Beach for it if it will fit my TA.
Price would have to be negotiated for removal damage.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:02 AM

Ron, the reason I was going to have UPS return it was the fact that I was supposed to close on my house and move into my apartment where I wouldn't have a place to install it and it would have to sit in the box for 5 months until my new house is built, but my closing date got pushed back a couple of days so I decided to put it on the car.

I've installed other catbacks on this car and some friends cars and this one has the worst clearance around the I-pipe I can only get 1/2" clearance no matter what I do.

Tony, I used to have a Borla XR1 on the car when I had my H/C pkg and it was too quiet.

The kit can be removed in one peice just like the stock catback without causing any damage it only takes an extra 10 minutes of work.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

I'll tell you what Richie ....I'll Trade my Borla Cat-Back w/ Restrictive plates for your GMMG
Old 01-02-2004, 12:58 PM

Well, I'm going to keep it and add a set of LT's w/ cats and a healthy cam. Should be done by June when I move into my new house (it's back to apartment living for now)

Ron I apologize, I was not unhappy with the quality of the exhaust, I just thought it would be noticably louder inside the car too. Over the weekend I'll see what else I can do to get more clearance around the I-pipe.

Happy New Year ya filthy animals!!
Old 01-02-2004, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Richie,
From one Floridian to another, I'm happy to see you've worked it out for yourself.
I'd never seen someone so upset about a GMMG before, so if you've figured out a way to keep it and use it, that's good news!
Old 01-02-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Richie I will buy your tips if you still have them I am here in O-Town as well

Email me at pewter2001z28@earthlink.net

Sean

Quick Reply: GMMG Inc passes on holiday savings!!!