GMMG Group Purchase is a GO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed!

I installed it myself on Saturday. Was not too hard, but you need about 3+ feet of clearance to swing pipe over the rear.
I used 6"x2" ss tips, but think I'll switch to 8"x2" (stock size)
This is one nice sounding exhaust system!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Talking

Yeah! Exhaust arrived today so it must have been sent out earlier this week. I had it delivered to my work and that box looks pretty big. Do you think it'll fit in the back of the Camaro? If not, I'll have to make other arrangements to get it up to the muffler shop. Thanks to CamminBeaSSt and all for putting this together.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Just put it on in the parking lot at work! That would be great! You boss comes out and your car is up on ramps and you are underneath putting on the exhaust! Good times...you will love it!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Just my luck, another dollar and a day late! I really would have liked this one along with my SLP headers.

Darn
Old 02-13-2004, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Talking

skytower31 - LOL - Believe me, if I had the ramps and tools it'd be on! I ended up ditching the box and taking the parts home without a problem. I'll be frightening animals and small children by Saturday...
Old 02-13-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Woohoo!!! Do it for the children!!!

Probably one of the best days/compliments I ever got on my car was when I was in the parking lot of a mall and this mom and son come out to there minivan and from the second the son saw my car, he just stared at it. He didn't take his eyes off my car while his mom was putting him in this seat, buckling him up, closing the door and driving off. He reminded me of ME whe I was that age. Hopefully there will still be decent american muscle for him when he is 16!!!

No go and frighten those women and children!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Launching!

What makes this product so expensive??? Is it the material used, or just you are the only one making this chambered exhaust? I cannot believe the "sound" alone is worth this much....on the other hand, what the hell, it's just money, $250 to $300 premium, really is nothing.

Hell, Harley Davidson gets $5000 a copy, for "that one-of-a-kind sound"! They tried to get a patent, but lost out. This is really another one of those, Why did I ask that......kind of question!?!

SOMEONE POST A SOUND BYTE! I have got to hear more.....

JC
Old 02-14-2004, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JC,

Check out our website to hear some soundclips. They really dont do the system justice, but it will give you an idea. www.GMMGINC.net As for pricing, heres a few examples of the competition...

Bassani-649.99 PLUS shipping

Borla-679.99 PLUS SHIPPING

Corsa-779.95 PLUS shipping

Loudmouth-599.95 PLUS shipping

These prices were pulled from a sponsors website. The GMMG catback can be had for 700.00 SHIPPED/INSTALLED. I think we are right in line with pricing, yet exceed 99% of peoples expectations with the quality/sound of the system. Do a search, people seem to be quite fond of the GMMG catback.

Feel free to PM me or email me @ GMMGINC7@aol.com if you have any other questions....

BTW, we do like to consider our product somewhat exclusive, as does Harley Davidson
Old 02-16-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

If my webpage doesn't convince you, the sound and the build quality and the great GMMG customer service should.
There is NO better F-Body exhaust on the market. Seriously.
I get no more races. People are scared to death when I come rolling up on them....
Old 02-16-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Cammin I just have to say wow. Was able to get the car out of storage early and installed it today. Great fit and finish. And the sound WOW!!!!! It rocks. A tad bit loud because of the headers and no cats. Dont regret buying it one bit. Now if I can get the car over 3,000 rpm without spinning the tires I be good to go. Cammin Thnaks Very much. John Oliver
Old 02-18-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, got back from my TDY. Got an e-mial saying the system shipped and got another from my Dad saying that he recieved it in good condition. Thanks a lot for this GP. I can't wait until the summer when I go back to the US on my vacation and have it installed. Question about the install though: Does it require any type of welding at all or is it pretty much an easy bolt on kind of thing?
Old 02-18-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

No welding is necessary. Some sort of cutoff tool is needed to get your old system off and you may been to jack the rear up pretty high to get the old system out/new system in...putting it up on ramps won't be enough to get stuff over the rear axle. I did most of the work just on ramps, but jacked it up for part. Pretty easy and straight forward. ENJOY and come home safe!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Self-install was not too hard at home, and I'm no mechanic!
I borrowed a sawz-all and cut the old stock exhaust pipe off like the instructions showed. If you are not keeping the old exhaust, then cut both tailpipes off, and you won't have to jack the car up as high to remove old pipes. The one thing I ran into was removing the stock exhaust pipe. It was spot welded on top of the pipe where it connected to the back of the y-pipe (I guess at the factory to make install easier?). The spot weld had to be broken to get the old one off - I used a small chisel and hammer and had to do some twisting to break the spot weld. After that, there was absolutely no problem putting on the new system, although you still need a good amount of clearence to get the pipe over the rear. I set the front tires on blocks and had my "helper" keep their foot hard on the brakes while I jacked the rear way up and put the pipe over the rear. Then my helper kept everything square & straight while I tightened all the bolts.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

I wish GMMG took credit cards
Old 03-16-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't get in on the "GP" but i did order mine last friday ( 3-5-04 )!! Now i have the wate wich will seem like forever, but from what i have read on here it will be worth it!!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Cool

Originally Posted by Hayze
I didn't get in on the "GP" but i did order mine last friday ( 3-5-04 )!! Now i have the wate wich will seem like forever, but from what i have read on here it will be worth it!!
Couldn't be happier with mine. Best mod I've done on the car by far! Last week some guys were hollering at me to give her a little rev just to hear it - while cruising at 40 mph! Yeah, it sounds that good.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

The mailman gave me a huge box today..and guess what was inside??? Yes, that right finaly i have receved my gmmg exhaust! Call Pauls customs to have it put on next wednesday.....can't wate, but its worth it!!!

Quick Reply: GMMG Group Purchase is a GO!!!