PPC headers group purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPC headers group purchase

Me and a few other guys on Fbody.com are having a group purchase on PPC LTs. We're going for 10 people so we can get 15% off. We have 6 confirmed right now.. possible a 7th. So we need at least 3 or 4 more guys to go. Obviously because of the price.. there's not a great deal of people who are willing to go in on this GP. All of us are just about ready to go ahead with it.. we just need more people. Some people have turned this GP down because off kook's headers being cheaper. Kooks header's aren't ceramic coated. The fact is... at 15% off.. PPCs are nearly just as much as Kooks (maybe cheaper depending where you buy them). I'm going to email PPC and see if they'll do anything else for us besides the discount. We have a thread going on fbody.com.. so if you're interested, follow the link below.

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/gps/read.cgi?msgid=201
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your facts straight, Kooks are offered in a mild steel ceramic coated.

People don't buy that style nor do I recommend it because they are offered also in the 304 stainless steel.

Read here about Stainless Steel over other header coatings.

The ideal situation is to have both ceramic coated + stainless.. However our cars do not produce the heat that some of the older BBC, etc. did. So it is not necessary to coat the stainless headers.

The problem with ceramic coating is once it starts to chip the headers are going to rust. Also mild steel does not retain a constant temperature throughout the tubes, so you'll start to notice 'hotspots' where that part of the tube is getting hotter than others.

I'm not saying that the PPC system isn't a good system, but I am correcting your misleading post.

If you are looking into Kooks, we have or will beat the best prices on their systems hands down and we can deliver in 1-2 weeks.

- Matt

Last edited by TTPMatt; 01-29-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: PPC headers group purchase