Can anyone sell me dual 340 intank RACETRONIX pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
that sounds pretty good, I installed my walbro 340 with the help of a friend and it wasnt too bad. I dont think this would much harder but I could be wrong?

So how much are we talking?

why is this? Damn I dont want to always have to worry about if I am on a lil cruise or whatever and I cant ever let it get lower then 3/4 tank

also what would be better to have the dual pumps on all the time or have it come on with a switch? I like idea of it always being on since I got to mess with my n20, bottle heater, and electric cut outs switches. I just would hate to forget to put the pump on with a 250 shot and then.....
The reason why you have to have more gas in the tank is that the fuel pickups on the dual system just hang below the bottom of the fuel bucket. On a stock fuel system it pulls fuel from the very bottom of the tank into the fuel bucket so that even when your tank is almost empty it is still able to syphon fuel from the bottom of the tank. With dual Walbro's it won't work that way. Maybe 3/4 of a tank is a bit of an exaggeration, but I wouldn't let it get too low.

With my dual pump setup I have the second pump wired to come on with a manual pull switch. I just pull this switch right before I plan on making a pass with the N20. You don't want both running all the time...... too much fuel pressure, a lot of fuel will be returned to the tank and it will heat the fuel up unnecessarily. You want the second one to come on with a switch of some sort.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The second pump is usually wired to come on with the N2O activation switch.
There you go... Straight from the authority...
Old 02-28-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Ok I guess I will just have to do it with a switch,
I do need a window switch so maybe I can wire it in with that
I have heard that its not good to wire things like a n20 and fuel pump together?? I for got why

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
that sounds pretty good, I installed my walbro 340 with the help of a friend and it wasnt too bad. I dont think this would much harder but I could be wrong?

So how much are we talking?
??
Old 02-28-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

You can isolate them using relays, which is always a good idea. I don't like console switches having high loads on them personally...

Out of curiousity, where are you located?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
You can isolate them using relays, which is always a good idea. I don't like console switches having high loads on them personally...

Out of curiousity, where are you located?
I might change up my switches, I have 2 my n20,heater
and where I have them mounted its kinda hard to tell if there on during the day. I was lucky last time I had my car running.... I didnt know I had my heater on and good thing I had my blow down tube on the bottle or else the bottle would of left a nice lil dent in my trunk

I'm in California
Old 02-28-2004, 06:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The Racetronix DP harness is equipped with individual pump control capability via two Weatherpack connectors.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-28-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

There is a guy here local to me (I am in NY) who purchased several foglamp switches, removed the plastic "Camaro" placard in the car, and mounted the switches in there. The holes are already there (he removed his ASR switch)He has four foglight switches on the center console. It looks odd, but stealth.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The Racetronix DP harness is equipped with individual pump control capability via two Weatherpack connectors.
I am interested but dont know the price? Would you perfer to talk about it through email or if you can post back a price?

Quick Reply: Can anyone sell me dual 340 intank RACETRONIX pumps?