BG Ram Air GP for us WS6's!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the only way anyone is going to buy into this GP is if you get the complete package for $200, rain plate and all. That is the only way I am going to buy it.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Exclamation

We have discussed this with Brian Greene and have come up with a special for LS1Tech members. It isn't in the ballpark some of you were hoping for but it is something. Everyone should understand that these parts are not mass produced and are prototypes. A lot of time and expense went into the production of the kit by Brian and still requires casting of one component as orders are received. The material cost and shop time all adds up.

That said...the special available is free shipping on a system order plus a free set of the nostril corner pieces. You do not need to order all the accessories to take advantage of this but you do need to order the basic system. This will save at least $25 off the regular price.

The special is available through us and Speed, Inc. through March 15th. Links to the product pages are below. Just mention the LS1Tech special to receive your free shipping and corner pieces when you place your order. Your order will be modified to remove the shipping and corner piece charge.

Afterthoughts Auto - BG Ram Air

Speed, Inc. - BG Ram Air

Thanks,

Deanne
Afterthoughts Auto
Old 03-04-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can do $200 not including the rain plate then i may consider this again...

$200 includes the the BG kit and corner pieces Shipped.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

In all honesty I'm kinda dissapointed that no one was willing to budge at all on the price.
I'm not trying to criticize any sponsors or Brian Green but lets be serious folks. Nostril corner pieces (cheap pieces of small plastic) don't cost $15 to make. Now I feel it is everyone's fair chance to make a profit but come on, that is like appetizers and desserts are restaurants...bending you over backward to make a dollar.

The free shipping was a nice touch but overall how much did this GP save anyone here? $20? And that's if they wanted the nostril corners in the first place.

Would it have been too hard to just knock 20 bucks off the price? Sure it's the same deal essentially but the idea that you aren't willing to budge on the price at all kind of irps me. The BG Ram Air has been out for SEVERAL YEARS now, and it's great to make a profit on the system but damn yall are bending us over on this system.
Something like the base system for $210 would probably have kept alot of the people that said they would buy it at the price (including myself). And if they want to spring for all the options then great for you guys.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Im with you JamrWS6. Well I must admit that I tried for everyone but they will not budge on this price. Maybe a different sponsor should come up with a more cost effective ws6 ram air system that doesn't cost over 250 dollars minimum. And yes for 200 dollars w/ free nostril pieces and shipping I'd be in for one too. Well I hope someone can take advantage of this, cause i'm not. One more thing....I'm guessing the basic system after cost to manufacture, build design, labor, etc., etc., couldn't be more than 150 dollars at the maximum. So, you're telling me that with over 50 orders here and elsewhere w/ this special for say 200 dollars(for the basic system and nostril pieces) Brian Greene doesn't want to make 2500 dollars? Because I take my earlier statement back, because no one that was looking for a discount or special in this forum is going to buy one....well maybe one person. $2500 profit off 50 systems or 100-200 dollars profit off 1 or 2 systems sold......????? I don't understand!!???? Good luck to everyone this drag racing season, and all I can say is I tried.

banks...................12.57@114 1.95 60ft lid,cutout,160 stat, nittos (oh and !baffles)
Old 03-04-2004, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

That sucks!
I would of bought one for 200, but I just can't convince myself its worth anything more than that. Oh well, at least you tried.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im with you banks, I guess Ill just do the !baffle mod and be done with it. I may try to make a system myself.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

I forgot to add I won't be buying one either at regular price reguardless of what kind of free stuff that is "thrown in".
Old 03-04-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i disappointed also. i have made my own by using some weather stripping and it work very well. there use to be a write up on what size to buy etc of weather stripping. but i dont have the link anymore
Old 03-05-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Never mind then, its not that I can not afford the full price unit--but I am too much of an economist to bring myself to spend that much on it--in other words, never purchase at that price.
It seems that others may feel the way I do, its not that they will just buy it later since the GP isnt that great, but then have no intentions of buying at this "special" or the reg. price.

Thanks anyways
Old 03-05-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Already had my plexiglass and weather stripping made so I guess I'll be sticking with that. Would have been nice to get the kit so I can have the inner smoothing pieces but thats no worth 240 bucks to me.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would be 100% in as well if the price was fair.

I only want the "the inner smoothing pieces" like what BLASTER stated. I dont need the rainshields or the other items. But I dont think $240 is what I would pay for something like that.

If removing the baffles would give you +2mph in the quarter mile I doubt the BG ram air would give another +2mph on top (and remember removing the baffles is free).

Dont get me wrong, I would love to buy one, but not for THAT much.

Will be checking back on the posts and would be interested if price changes.
Sponsors and banks01ws6, let us know what happens (a pm with pricing would be great).

Banks01WS6, Thank you for trying to make this work. Dont give up on us yet. MANY are still interested.

Keep up the great work.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brian is a good friend of mine and you guy's really have NO IDEA what it takes to make this stuff..If it's so easy and cheap,make it yourself then!! He molds every piece and does the machining!! He is the only one out there making it because no company want's too because of low demand and high cost of molding.The kit is very high quality and very little $$ is made from it.(not even enough to make the kit anymore but he still does)
I've been reading this thread since the day it was posted and said nothing.You DO NOT start a thread by implying the kit will be sold for $199 when no dealer even qouted a price.Now everybody is mad because they can't get it for that price!!

I'm done now

off box
Old 03-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Brian is a good friend of mine and you guy's really have NO IDEA what it takes to make this stuff..If it's so easy and cheap,make it yourself then!! He molds every piece and does the machining!! He is the only one out there making it because no company want's too because of low demand and high cost of molding.The kit is very high quality and very little $$ is made from it.(not even enough to make the kit anymore but he still does)
I've been reading this thread since the day it was posted and said nothing.You DO NOT start a thread by implying the kit will be sold for $199 when no dealer even qouted a price.Now everybody is mad because they can't get it for that price!!

I'm done now

off box
i don't know why I read this thread since it is over but someone told me what slowhawk wrote so I figured I'd respond.

No I was expressing everyone's feelings that everyone who wanted one was not going to pay 240 dollars when they can remove the baffles. Hey if he wasn't going to make that much money on the units then why did he waste his time in making them for minimal profit????? ok lets say he makes 25-50 dollars on each unit....why did he start distributing in the first place if it's sooo much work? Everyone selling a product is selling it to MAKE MONEY, so if what you're saying is true it sounds like he should stop selling it. Don't get mad at us because your buddy didn't do a cost analysis on each unit before he started production. ALL THIS THREAD WAS DESIGNED TO DO IS EXPRESS THE OPINIONS OF WS6'S THAT WE WOULD CONSIDER BUYING ONE IF THE PRICE WAS LOWER. we would have been happy and brian greene would sell a ****load of his product(and be happy too). Since this is not a win-win, we all have decided to go our own ways and good luck to everyone..

banks
Old 03-08-2004, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by banks01ws6
i don't know why I read this thread since it is over but someone told me what slowhawk wrote so I figured I'd respond.

No I was expressing everyone's feelings that everyone who wanted one was not going to pay 240 dollars when they can remove the baffles. Hey if he wasn't going to make that much money on the units then why did he waste his time in making them for minimal profit????? ok lets say he makes 25-50 dollars on each unit....why did he start distributing in the first place if it's sooo much work? Everyone selling a product is selling it to MAKE MONEY, so if what you're saying is true it sounds like he should stop selling it. Don't get mad at us because your buddy didn't do a cost analysis on each unit before he started production. ALL THIS THREAD WAS DESIGNED TO DO IS EXPRESS THE OPINIONS OF WS6'S THAT WE WOULD CONSIDER BUYING ONE IF THE PRICE WAS LOWER. we would have been happy and brian greene would sell a ****load of his product(and be happy too). Since this is not a win-win, we all have decided to go our own ways and good luck to everyone..

banks
You still don't get it.He makes them because he likes to.It is only part time.If he didn't no one would!! Simple.Yes you can remove the baffle's and be done with it..But that isn't this kit..
Old 03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

How long does it take to make one of these kits. Say we pay Brian $25 bucks an hour. Maybe takes 2 hours to make and 50 bucks for material. Thats a 100 dollars and it seems like hes still making 100 bucks plus.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Well most people sell a product to make a profit. Yes i do get it, and if this is brian's hobby, good for him. But hobbists dont sell there product through dealers such as speed inc. He wants to "help" us that bad huh? Lets be real. If he does he must be the nicest person on the planet, and one of the very very small handful. in this case retract my previous statements.....either way i've said what i need to .... peace

banks
Old 03-08-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too bad.....Couldn't even meet us half way (for example 220.00). A little effort goes along way. I think most would have reconsidered if they felt they were getting some sort of a break. I feel that throwing in the nostril corner pieces that no one really cares about doesn't cut it. Oh well....what do I know anyway.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by doc420
How long does it take to make one of these kits. Say we pay Brian $25 bucks an hour. Maybe takes 2 hours to make and 50 bucks for material. Thats a 100 dollars and it seems like hes still making 100 bucks plus.
It takes alot longer than 2 hours.He does make a profit but nothing to retire on or come close to quiting is full time job.Think of how many WS6 owners there are,then how many that would buy this kit..I would take a guess he sold 200 kit's since he started making them years ago.(just a guess)Damn,Patriot sells 200 heads a month!!! I know his material is not cheap and the molds are very expensive to have made..Putting them up for $199 would give him no profit at all,he might even lose $$...See MY point!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Wished this had worked out, I would have been in for a little less money.

Quick Reply: BG Ram Air GP for us WS6's!!