F-Body Drop-In Lexan Windows - Front & Rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 fast 2000
Wow, sell you another? Shouldn't they be giving you another? I was going to place a order until I seen this. Depending on how they take care of their bad product will predict if I order from them.
They say since I installed it they wouldnt give me another one or give a refund. I guess they were going to sell that piece of junk to someone else.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RWChevyZ71
They say since I installed it they wouldnt give me another one or give a refund. I guess they were going to sell that piece of junk to someone else.
That still doesn't make sense why they refuse a refund or no charge replacement.

Congrats guys, you lost at least 1 sale from this.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
That still doesn't make sense why they refuse a refund or no charge replacement.

Congrats guys, you lost at least 1 sale from this.
They've lost more than one sell. Hell I have 2 FBodies to buy for so they have lost 2 just by me. I can't stand unreliable customer service. They should take their bad product back with no problem. And yes shipping included. It obvious it's bad weather it's installed or not. Sounds like a bunch of excuses. Guess I will go with Pro Glass now. Good job guys!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is the emails that Optic Armor copied us on between this customer and themselves. It should also be noted that Optic Armor expressed that the window was installed incorrectly. The installer is to push the window all the way up into the upper seal and leave the gap at the lower end just like the factory window is. As you can see by the pictures this window was not installed that way. The installer then trimmed to much off the bottom to clear what appeared to possibly be fore an aftermarket hood. So now if the window was to be reinstalled correctly with it seated all the way to the top they would have gaps at the bottom where the cut too much off.:

Rawn,

I am very sorry, but we will not be issuing a refund on this as is out of warranty and has been cut and modified from what we sell.

Thank you,

Aaron
Sales Manager

Optic Armor Performance Windows
450 Business Park Rd
Linn Creek, MO 65052
573-317-9066 ex 15
573-3179199 fax
www.opticarmorwindows.com

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:13 PM
To: a********@opticarmorwindows.com
Subject: RE: Optic Armor Racing Windows

This window has already cost me an extra 181 to ship it back. I don’t need another window because I had to put a factory one back in. I would like some sort of refund on this.

Rawn

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:52 PM
To: Rawn M [PROCESS/IVS/CBIA]
Cc: 'Wes
Subject: Optic Armor Racing Windows

Rawn,

We received the window you sent back to us. It is one of our older windows however the perimeter of this window you sent back to us, matches the factory glass we have hear exactly, except where someone has cut the bottom corners for modification. If we replace this window, you are going to get the exact same perimeter dimension. One other thing is this window was shipped to you back in March of 2012. We only warranty the windows if they still have the factory masking on them and have not been installed.

With this being said, I want to do what I can to help you out. I will honor you a 50% discount off one of our new windows, but I am not going to replace a window that is almost two years old and has been modified from what we sell.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Thank you,
Aaron
Sales Manager

Optic Armor Performance Windows
450 Business Park Rd
Linn Creek, MO 65052
573-317-9066 ex 15
573-3179199 fax
www.opticarmorwindows.com
Old 12-11-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Ahh that does change things. If Rawn paid someone to install it they could have "forgotten" to mention the trimming part. But that shouldn't be left out from posting here. Rawn, rebuttal?

Like the saying goes, there's 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side, and the truth.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I thought the windows didn't need any trimming? I thought the rear and front window was ready to drop in! By the way I'm looking for that rubutal also. The game seems to have changed.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Teching In

I got the factory windshield installed and it fits perfect, the trimming was done to the optic armor windshield for the aftermarket hood. This did not affect the upper portion of the windshield not fitting properly. That is just a cop out. Same installer installed both windshields!!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

So what kind of after market hood obstructs the windsheild? Just curious. Why would you have to modify the windsheild for the hood? I thought the windows come pre trimmed? If so shouldn't it fit just like the factory glass? I noticed you said you had the factory one out back in.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Teching In

The dsuz fasteners brackets were in the way, for the factory windshield we moved the brackets.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we received the window you sent to us, we checked it against a factory GM window. The perimeter trim was exactly the same on the window you had and the GM window, except where you had modified it on the bottom corners. Now this window is two years old (used) and has been modified from the factory. Which is not cover under warranty. Once you install it and peel the masking off the window the warranty is void. Now, I offered to help you and give you a 50% discount off a brand new window (which no one gets a discount like this) to help you out. I have attached pictures showing what we found.

The First picture shows customer's window is on the bottom and the factory GM window is on top. This the top of the windshield.
The Second picture shows the customer's window on top and the factory GM window on the bottom showing what appears to be some sort of modification for a clearance issue for hood brackets we are guessing.

Originally Posted by RWChevyZ71
The dsuz fasteners brackets were in the way, for the factory windshield we moved the brackets.
Attached Thumbnails F-Body Drop-In Lexan Windows - Front & Rear-1.jpg   F-Body Drop-In Lexan Windows - Front & Rear-2.jpg  

Last edited by Optic-Armor; 12-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Launching!

I have been buildn n working on race cars all my life and im workn on rwchevy71s car as it was my old car and i will tell everybody this the windshield was junk! Look at the pics where the windshield meets t tops theres a gap in the midddle and touching ttops in corners! Now maybe i shoulda trimmed that where it woulda fit! As for trimming the corners on the bottom it was 2 clear dzus brackets that dont have **** to do with a gap at the top! And yall say its an older windshield and out of warranty we just took it out the box and installed it! Do they go bad sitting in the box? Hell no! Like he said it was just a cop out 4 them! We will be contacting the better business bureau about this matter! I know it wasnt rite n they do 2! Go 2 tootees race cars n look at some of the stuff ive built with him and if anybody knows david adkins fastest ls car in the us well i helped build it 20 years ago! Its a 1963 impala tt ls car now! So i think i know how a windshield should fit! This aint ur typical dumb *** like u tryn to make us out 2 be! Thanks and anybody from optic armor can call me n ill tell u the same thing!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Teching In

By no means, were our intentions to bash you or your work, we were simply showing what we found with the window that was sent back to us for inspection.

Now here's what I am going to do, I will be sending you a brand new Front 3/16" Drop in window and an additional 1/8" Rear drop in tinted at no charge. I feel that it is the right thing to do and we want to make it right. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Aaron

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
I have been buildn n working on race cars all my life and im workn on rwchevy71s car as it was my old car and i will tell everybody this the windshield was junk! Look at the pics where the windshield meets t tops theres a gap in the midddle and touching ttops in corners! Now maybe i shoulda trimmed that where it woulda fit! As for trimming the corners on the bottom it was 2 clear dzus brackets that dont have **** to do with a gap at the top! And yall say its an older windshield and out of warranty we just took it out the box and installed it! Do they go bad sitting in the box? Hell no! Like he said it was just a cop out 4 them! We will be contacting the better business bureau about this matter! I know it wasnt rite n they do 2! Go 2 tootees race cars n look at some of the stuff ive built with him and if anybody knows david adkins fastest ls car in the us well i helped build it 20 years ago! Its a 1963 impala tt ls car now! So i think i know how a windshield should fit! This aint ur typical dumb *** like u tryn to make us out 2 be! Thanks and anybody from optic armor can call me n ill tell u the same thing!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Optic Armor sent me a new front and rear lexan windshield free of charge.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey that's great to hear. 3stgstocker & his reply helped a lot here I believe.

It's nice when a business conceeds that it's a way better option to please a customer with a straight replacement for the betterment of their own reputation.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Launching!

Wow. Now that's bad ***. I will def be ordering one...
Old 02-18-2015, 12:02 PM

Up top for some tax time weight savings.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

what's the cost for a windshield for a 1999 trans am? shipped to 98391.

Also is the windshield the same if it's a convertible?
Old 02-20-2015, 08:04 AM

PM Sent
Old 04-09-2015, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm interested as well.. Anybody got any details on having these in their car as far as leaking goes, or any pros/cons you can think of for a 70%strip, 30% street car? 2000 Camaro SS btw.

Quick Reply: F-Body Drop-In Lexan Windows - Front & Rear