thanks todd, i try to do my best!!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill I sent you a PM. thanks Larry
Old 03-24-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to use the pin-on hoods with the stock lifting hydraulics in the rear, but pins for the front instead of the latching system up at the nose of the car? Or must it be pinned in the rear as well as the front, making it completely lift-off? Started another thread about this earlier but can't seem to find the exact answer i'm looking for...
Old 03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blk98Bird
Is it possible to use the pin-on hoods with the stock lifting hydraulics in the rear, but pins for the front instead of the latching system up at the nose of the car? Or must it be pinned in the rear as well as the front, making it completely lift-off? Started another thread about this earlier but can't seem to find the exact answer i'm looking for...
i wouldn't try to use a pin on hood with the hinges in the rear. if you would like to use those i would recommend going with a bolt on hood and removing the hardware up front and using the hood pins in the front. hope this helps in your decision. thank you, bill
Old 03-24-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it due to a risk of damaging the hood, or other factors? I ask because I'd really love a pin-on hood for the look, weight savings, and price, but I don't at all trust anyone to safely lift off and store the hood on the off chance that something comes up I'm unable to service myself. Also the difference between the pricing in pin-on and bolt-on makes or breaks me jumping on the gp at the moment, since i'm trying to work with a college budget until i'm working again in the summer time so i'm trying to figure out a way for this to work. I just figured since i'd drill pins up front for the bolt-on hood anyway, there wasn't much sense in paying the extra $$$.

TIA, hopefully I can find a way to get in on this purchase!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is it due to a risk of damaging the hood, or other factors? I ask because I'd really love a pin-on hood for the look, weight savings, and price, but I don't at all trust anyone to safely lift off and store the hood on the off chance that something comes up I'm unable to service myself. Also the difference between the pricing in pin-on and bolt-on makes or breaks me jumping on the gp at the moment, since i'm trying to work with a college budget until i'm working again in the summer time so i'm trying to figure out a way for this to work. I just figured since i'd drill pins up front for the bolt-on hood anyway, there wasn't much sense in paying the extra $$$.

TIA, hopefully I can find a way to get in on this purchase!
with the pin on hood there is no way to bolt it to the hindges. i was sitting here in the shop looking at a pin on hood and realized there is really no way to do it. even if you came up with a way they are just to thin to risk it. with the lift off hood it is light enough for yourself to lift off on put back on by yourself. the one i have here weighs approx 8 lbs. if you have any other questions please ask. thank you, bill
Old 03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

7 to go!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't say that. The problem isn't me lifting the hood off myself as i've handled the 4" cowl bolt-on ws6 hood before very very easily, the problem is that if the car ever takes a dive down at college like it did when my clutch and hydraulics blew on me recently and I need to have someone else work on it I can't trust that they will handle the hood safely. I've had experience with glass hoods so I know they can be extremely fragile and will crack or chip if someone tries to stand it up on end, lean it against a wall, etc. Also, I get a lot of comments on the car and I don't know how much I like the idea of having to pull the hood completely and hold on to it every time someone wants to bs and I want to give them a quick peak at the engine.

I'd really love to jump on this purchase, but at the moment I just can't see myself spending 30% more on the heavier bolt-on version when i'm just going to drill it for pins up front anyway. Sorry to take up your time, if I change my mind i'll be sure to shoot a pm in your direction.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

we only have 3 to go!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:14 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8SEC30TH
we only have 3 to go!!!
I will be 1 of the 3.E-Mail me with the info that you need from me.Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
I will be 1 of the 3.E-Mail me with the info that you need from me.Thanks
sent you an e-mail!!
thank you, bill
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 AM

How many orders so far?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

we are very close to our goal just need a couple more! thank you, bill
Old 03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8SEC30TH
we are very close to our goal just need a couple more! thank you, bill
Sent you 1 back.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone have a picture of either of these hoods?

'93-97 Stock Flat Pin On Hood (with or without vents). Price=255.00 Weight=12 Ship: Truck Freight.

'93-97 Stock flat Bolt On Hood (with or without vents).Price=355.00 Weight=18 Ship: Truck Freight.

I wanna see how close they look to stock. Or what they mean by without the vents if possible.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i definately want one. who do i pay and how? do you have a 98-03 bolt on WS6 style in stock? Do you have the firehawk style? anyways i still want one.
Who has the order form? who do i pay? hows this work? I can drive down and get it.
when do you need the money? upon pickup or prepay for this group thing?
email me with some info please.
green461@ticon.net

Last edited by pwrtrip75; 03-29-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
i definately want one. who do i pay and how? do you have a 98-03 bolt on WS6 style in stock? Do you have the firehawk style? anyways i still want one.
Who has the order form? who do i pay? hows this work? I can drive down and get it.
when do you need the money? upon pickup or prepay for this group thing?
email me with some info please.
green461@ticon.net
All you have to do is call me with your info. The hoods will be built the first week of april. We have hoods here but it would be closer for you to pick the hood up your self and cheaper as well. They don't offer a firehawk hood but they do offer a ws6 hood. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you, Bill
Old 03-30-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bastard car is a never ending money pit . I broke down and decided to get the bolt-on version since it seems pretty clear the pin-on won't be good for me and i'm weak willed when it comes to my t/a. Sent an e-mail to set up my order. Bill, do you know if the regular ws6 style hood will fit in the back of a t/a with !back seat, or should I try to borrow a friend's truck when I go to pick it up from vfn? Looks like I should have plenty of room, but figured i'd double check to be sure.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bastard car is a never ending money pit . I broke down and decided to get the bolt-on version since it seems pretty clear the pin-on won't be good for me and i'm weak willed when it comes to my t/a. Sent an e-mail to set up my order. Bill, do you know if the regular ws6 style hood will fit in the back of a t/a with !back seat, or should I try to borrow a friend's truck when I go to pick it up from vfn? Looks like I should have plenty of room, but figured i'd double check to be sure.
yeh i understand the money pit problem. my car is addicted to race fuel and nitrous!! lol. i don't think you will be able to fit it in the back of the car but you could always take your factory hood off along with the harware and bolt it on when you get to vfn! just a thought. thank you, bill
Old 03-30-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default We Have 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we met our goal today just wanted to let everyone know. Thank you very much, Bill