Texas Speed True Duals Intro Special

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
do you know for sure that the driveshaft safetly loop from Jegs will work? If so, i'm gonna rush one in...

and no clips here yet, the damn things are about 4 weeks overdue...and not just overdue, I've been given 4 different ship dates at this point

I'm pumped for the end result though, as long as they are on by this coming friday's show then I'll be happy.
Same here on the ship dates. Starting to lose faith in TSP since is my first order from them, but still holding to hope I'll get mine in this week. Just want (and need) my car back on the road. Sold my Corsa system to get these duals... thought would be only a week at the most down and then back on the road... but it has been 4 weeks exactly so far. I missed out on a car show and cruise casue of waiting for these duals... HOPING I dont miss out on the Super Chevy Show casue of this...

BUT.... I cant wait to get these and stick them on...
Old 08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, the day has come...mine are shipping finally. I went ahead an paid for 2nd day air so I can get them on before my car show this friday....GRRRRRR
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Angry tsp true duals do they exist?

i ordered mine on 8/8/04. I have got many ship dates and excuses. WHERE ARE THEY???
Old 08-24-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine are on the way...

Should be here on Thursday, will put them on ASAP, then should have some sound clips on here by Friday or Sat. morning at the very latest.

Sure they will be worth the wait.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

got mine today! will be on soon

although they forgot the directions and whatever I'm supposed to use to screw the hangers in...
Old 08-25-2004, 05:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys for all the delays, but we can only ship as fast as we can get the system from our manufacturer. We were given estimated dates from the manufacturer & we tried to keep everyone up to date as best we could.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 08-25-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

stupid question time:

are the separate parts supposed to be welded up, or are they meant to work just slipping into each other like that?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smile

Mine shipped yesterday i shoul have the mid next week!!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

well....it took about 3 hours longer than I expected because I had to go rent a pipe expander and open up every joint in the set up except one....I could not get ANY but that one to go inside it's mate, let alone be able to slide around for adjustment. Then when I had everything done except for one last piece, the damn expander broke so I had to go rent another.

Jason, you'll definately need to address this in your next batch.

Also, on the drivers side, the first piece from the header, i could only get about a 1/8" gap between that piece and the car. Since my biggest motivator with going with the duals was to eliminate the Y and the occasional bang, I was very dissapointed with that...so I used a scrap piece of metal and a hammer and created a small flat spot so hopefully that'll do the trick.

I put it in place using the little U clamps provided, fired it up and it roared! Great sound. tomorrow I'll take it back off as one whole piece, and weld everything except for the ones to the headers where I'll use 3" wide band clamps that came provided.

clearance is not an issue at all. mine tucks up even closer to the car than my stock torque arm

It should be all squared away for my show on friday, thanks for working with me in making that happen TSP.

I'll post a small vid friday probably for sound clips.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well....it took about 3 hours longer than I expected because I had to go rent a pipe expander and open up every joint in the set up except one....I could not get ANY but that one to go inside it's mate, let alone be able to slide around for adjustment. Then when I had everything done except for one last piece, the damn expander broke so I had to go rent another.

Jason, you'll definately need to address this in your next batch.

Also, on the drivers side, the first piece from the header, i could only get about a 1/8" gap between that piece and the car. Since my biggest motivator with going with the duals was to eliminate the Y and the occasional bang, I was very dissapointed with that...so I used a scrap piece of metal and a hammer and created a small flat spot so hopefully that'll do the trick.

I put it in place using the little U clamps provided, fired it up and it roared! Great sound. tomorrow I'll take it back off as one whole piece, and weld everything except for the ones to the headers where I'll use 3" wide band clamps that came provided.

clearance is not an issue at all. mine tucks up even closer to the car than my stock torque arm

It should be all squared away for my show on friday, thanks for working with me in making that happen TSP.

I'll post a small vid friday probably for sound clips.
Thanks for the heads up man. Will help me out tomorrow. Can't wait to hear.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

1BadMoFo, please don't tell me that I will have to do some fabrication to something that I figured fit together as it was intended to. If that is the case, I should of just paid an extra $100 bucks and had a shop fab one up and install the setup. I hope I don't have those problems, or I will be pissed!!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your system is like mine, you'll have to do quite a bit.

Also, I took mine for a test drive at lunch and was pretty disappointed so far. I scraped in and out of my driveway, had a bunch of rasp, and lots of vibrations in the car. Keep in mind though, it isn't welded though, so m aybe that rasp was some rattles with the cheap clamps, and maybe I can adjust the dumps so that it is more towards the rear and vibrate the backseat less...
Old 08-26-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine came in and I got them on tonight. Only a couple small problems but nothing that was not easily fixed. Some of my pipes were tight, not horrible, only one needed a little extra help. Had to take my BMR driveshaft loop off, will have to put on another one or make a new one if I have time tomorrow. Have not driven the car yet but started it up and let it idle for a while, revved it a few times, no rasp with mine so far. No back seats in mine either so don’t have to worry about rattle. Will have a vid sometime tomorrow because it’s gotten too late/dark to make one today. Love the sound. Just what I was wanting and looking for. Hangs a little low but my car is low in the front with the Draglites & QAL's on. Gonna put on the SS wheels tomorrow and raise it up a bit. May run out to the track Fri. night, not sure yet and depends on if I can get a driveshaft loop back on it. Would have liked better clamps, but will switch them out down the road. Thanks TSP for your help and keeping us up to date on the ship dates. Would have liked to of had them a few weeks ago, but understand it was beyond your control.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

well I took it all off last night, fixed the groud clearance issue, but I still am very dissapointed with the rasp. A little droan and rattles only at take off at low rpms. The rasp is only there during normal/casual driving. Seems like when you get on it and shift, there is nothing. It does roar though, very happy with that. I think I'll avoid welding for a couple of weeks so I can continue to tweak and dial it in.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I guess mine won't be here til next week so I guess I'll have to run open headers for a couple days. I don't know if thats good or bad. I am debating on whether or not to take the exhaust to a muffler shop and just let them deal with it. I don't know we'll see, still working on my header install. What a bitch!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I finally have a tracking number with a monday delivery date, I was starting to think they would never come. I just hope with all of the waiting that they install like they are supposed to!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well. im getting mine on tuesday. Ill be putting them on that week. All i have to say is they better fit good for the money and wait. reading these horror stories about fitment and rasp is ridiculous for the money. TSP had plenty of time to fit and test this system before selling it.I hope their fabricator didnt rush the orders either because they were backordered for a while. It seems like that is the case from what im hearing, i was also told there will be no rasp! Well ill see what happens when i get mine on, ill keep posted on the fitment, etc...
Old 08-30-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I took 2 different people for rides tonight (both have fbods of course) and apparently my definition of rasp is no where near what rasp really is. they said that it definately wasn't any sort of rasp, so I stand humbly corrected. big props to TSP cuz I really starting to dig this system
Old 08-30-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

well I took 2 different people for rides tonight (both have fbods of course) and apparently my definition of rasp is no where near what rasp really is. they said that it definately wasn't any sort of rasp, so I stand humbly corrected. big props to TSP cuz I really starting to dig this system
You've been scaring me with the rasp comments, because TSP specifically told me this system has no rasp! Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, getting tired of waiting.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have mine on, all i can say is wow. It sounds badass. I give a big props to TSP for doing such a good job. & thanks for doing my installs (headers, stall, duals).

Oh, and there is no rasp what so ever. just straight ROAR..

Quick Reply: Texas Speed True Duals Intro Special