UMI Short Shifter Handle on Sale $19.99!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

02BlueFormula---send me some pics of it on the Hurst. Is it the stock Hurst?
Old 08-24-2004, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any pictures with the shifter boot on?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tc00
do you have any pictures with the shifter boot on?
Hello,

Yes I do, but I dont have it hosted. I will try to add it as attachement later today. Or email me at the address in sig, I will get right back to you with the picture.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shoot me some pics of the shifter with the boot

Thanks

Last edited by 01 Red WS6; 03-21-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Teching In

yea i have it with the boot on i get off work in 1 hour will go home and put a pic up i have a pic in three different gears 1st,2nd and 5th
Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe it's just me and I did something wrong on the install but for me the the "milled angle" is way to much. I was thinking that this would keep the shifter in the same vertical directionwhen it's in neutral, but for all my gears it puts them off towards the driver. In 1st and 2nd gear the stick is within half an inch of hitting the plastic console and since it's sitting so close to my leg it's hard to shift it.
Like I said it's possible I did the install wrong but I don't see how. I'm gonna drive on it for a few days, maybe I just need to get used to it. By looking at the picture that was posted earlier mine just looks like it's leaning a lot more to the left than it should.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Teching In

!st gear

2nd

5th

yea you can see it is closer to the driver but it feels really nice being that close personally i dont like reaching over to my passenger seat to make my fifth gear shift plus i have been playing with it alot for the day and it seems like i dont miss third as much when i am downshifting on the freeway
Old 08-24-2004, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Maybe it's just me and I did something wrong on the install but for me the the "milled angle" is way to much. I was thinking that this would keep the shifter in the same vertical directionwhen it's in neutral, but for all my gears it puts them off towards the driver. In 1st and 2nd gear the stick is within half an inch of hitting the plastic console and since it's sitting so close to my leg it's hard to shift it.
Like I said it's possible I did the install wrong but I don't see how. I'm gonna drive on it for a few days, maybe I just need to get used to it. By looking at the picture that was posted earlier mine just looks like it's leaning a lot more to the left than it should.
Ru2n00n3er- I am very sorry you are having trouble, most likely you have it installed right, its hard to install wrong. But I myself and many others find it very comfortable, but that is our opinions. I used it on the stock Hurst for awhile, but now I run it on the Pro 5.0 which is even better. Are you running the stock Hurst? If there is anything I can help with just post it and I will be glad to try.

02BlueFormula- Great Pics! I apprecaite you posting them. Its good to hear you like it

Thanks again Everyone!
Ryan
Old 08-24-2004, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, judging by the pictures I've got it installed right. The issue I think I have with it is because I have insanely long arms, so the only way I can shift is by putting my elbow on the far side of the center console and then putting my hand on the ****. So know that the **** is even closer to my side it's just that much worse. I'm probably going to call you at work tomorrow Ryan and talk to you. I'm gonna drive it for a few days and see what I think. I don't know if you'd be able to do this, but I'd almost like it if you make me a shift stick that DOESN'T have the angle in it. That way it'd come up almost directly from where the stock one did and not have any bend to it. Because of my driving position that's what I think I want, stock position and angle just shorter, but I'll see if this grows on me. The only reason I got the stick anyway was because my stock one broke so I need to find something. Thanks for your help. And yes I'm running the stock Hurst.

It's still a great product everyone, I ordered it Friday and it got here during the day Tuesday. Took me about 5 minutes to install. And the largest part of that time was just heating the **** to get it off the old stick.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Ru2n00n3er- Drive around with it for a little and see what you think. If its still not working give me a call and I'll see what we can. Normally we don't custom machine a paticalar handle, but since you bought one and its not working like you thought I will gladly do it. What we can do is take one with the angle and mill it flat. This way you will have the same throw but the shifter will sit up straight. Give me a call or email me and will work out. Thanks again!

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-25-2004, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Just wanted to let everyone know that this special ends on 8-31 if anyone else is interested. I apprecaite all the orders we have received

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 08-29-2004, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

2 days left if anyone else is in, we shipped a ton of these to plenty of ls1tech members so far , thanks everyone!

Just let me know if you are interested, Thanks again!

Ryan
Old 08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Ryan, I would like in on the sale if I may. My email is racrx02@msn.com just email me your payment instructions, thank you in advance, Victor
Old 09-01-2004, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by racrx
Ryan, I would like in on the sale if I may. My email is racrx02@msn.com just email me your payment instructions, thank you in advance, Victor
You got mail!

Regards,
Ryan
Old 09-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ryan, just wanted to say thanks for making a great product. The UMI short stick is great, and the only thing missing for me is a new Pro 5.0 shifter which will complete the package.

I hope everyone else is as pleased as I am with the short stick.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Teching In

I very Happy with the short stick it works great
Old 09-01-2004, 07:08 PM
FormerVendor

I am very glad to hear you like it! Glad I could help.

Monyhunter if you like the shifter now, wait until you install it with a Pro 5.0, its like night and day and even more comfortable.

Thanks again!
Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI Short Shifter Handle on Sale $19.99!