billingsley racing gp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested, calling now. Edit: Does anyone have their number? Their site is acting up and doesn't show their number. Thanks.

Last edited by Dear John; 09-16-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, I emailed you a couple days ago about some shocks. I saw it was read but I never got a response.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dear John
Very interested, calling now. Edit: Does anyone have their number? Their site is acting up and doesn't show their number. Thanks.
Try

217-424-0964

Can't say enough good bout Jay, thanks for the deal on the brakes
Old 09-17-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Billingsley Racing
Strange saves +/- 50lb on the front, 20 on the rears
When I got mine, Jay convinced me to go w/ the Strange. I'm glad he did

Very complete, first time I've never had to go out and get something to complete the install. Not a bolt, nut, or washer missing.

I've seen the Aerospace and the Strange side by side, if you got the coin go with the Strange. You won't regret it.

I've had no problems stopping with them from 160 in the 1/4 w/o the chute, and they hold up great to some spirited street driving on the weekends.

Just my $.03
Old 09-17-2004, 02:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So they ARE safe for the street??? Provided your not going nuts in stop and go traffic
Old 09-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

I think that all DRAG racing parts, whether it be wheels, brakes, spools, slicks etc... will survive if you understand their limitations and sole purposes. I drive my car on the street once in a while. I'll be ordering the Strange kits.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dear John
I think that all DRAG racing parts, whether it be wheels, brakes, spools, slicks etc... will survive if you understand their limitations and sole purposes. I drive my car on the street once in a while. I'll be ordering the Strange kits.
Well put.

Race only parts are just that. But, will they live on the street...

Sure

Hell, I run around on my Aluma star fronts that say "RACE ONLY" right on them, the drag brakes, a spool, full slicks, aluminum center section 9", an 10 gallon fuel cell that only accepts C16, aluminum race seats, 5 points, no bumpers, no crash bars in the doors, and a 2 speed trans.

Is that legal or meeting DOT saftey requirements. Prolly not.

Do I accept the risk? Hell yeah I do!
Old 09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Sweet Cheeks

That's what I'm talkin bout!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

I got my order in!! Thanks again Amber!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

TTT for the Billingsley GP. Com'on guys, you have until 9/22 to get in. I got mine!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:02 PM

VERY WELL PUT Y2K!!

Originally Posted by y2khawk
Well put.

Race only parts are just that. But, will they live on the street...

Sure

Hell, I run around on my Aluma star fronts that say "RACE ONLY" right on them, the drag brakes, a spool, full slicks, aluminum center section 9", an 10 gallon fuel cell that only accepts C16, aluminum race seats, 5 points, no bumpers, no crash bars in the doors, and a 2 speed trans.

Is that legal or meeting DOT saftey requirements. Prolly not.

Do I accept the risk? Hell yeah I do!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default 2 Days Left.....

Just a reminder.....2 days left on the GP for the Strange and Aerospace Brake Packages......

I have 2 Strange orders and 1 Aerospace order on hold....

Like I said...if you need one or the other as far as front or rear only, email me and I'll see what I can do for you....

Thanks!
Amber
Old 09-21-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

TTT!!! Come on guys, these are KILLER prices!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Dang wish I had the cash right now. I hope you'll have another gp over the winter some time.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:17 PM

I have tried to call you guy's but you never returned my call---Interested in the Strange set up...Please call me at the number in my sig...

Steve is also hooking me up the the P2 Force5 Bogarts and it will require these brakes...

thx
Old 09-22-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, GP expires today, and we got enough for the pricing to go through. Thank you.

If there is enough interest around Christmas/New Year, we will try to run this special again. Just let us know....

BADZ--you have a PM

Thanks again,
Amber
Old 09-23-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LOnSLO
Rather have the Strange here, but in reality, I'd love the Aerospace.
If I had it to do over I would pay the extra and get the Strange. I have the Aerospace front race set up and nothing but problems.

The kit saved me 31 pounds. The Strange with the aluminum hub saves more weight.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Sweet Cheeks

We'll try to get another GP going in December. That'll give us more time to get mod money.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Larry
If I had it to do over I would pay the extra and get the Strange. I have the Aerospace front race set up and nothing but problems.

The kit saved me 31 pounds. The Strange with the aluminum hub saves more weight.

Explain "problems"???
Old 09-23-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Explain "problems"???
First, I had to add shims to the spacers they supplied to center the caliber to the rotors on both sides. I feel they should know how long to make the spacers to eliminate having to shim.

Secondly, my passenger side caliber would not engage when first bolted up. It was pushing the rotor to one side as only the two inner caliber pistons were engaging. The outer two were not. I took it back apart, examined them and found nothing so reinstalled and finally loosened the piston by installing feeler gages to hold the caliber in place while pressing my brake.

Finally, the passenger side pad doesn't have full contact with the outer rotor surface towards the center of the rotor. Additionally, both sides have grooved pretty bad with minimal driving (less that 100 miles). I feel this original piston problem some how contributes to the uneven contact and grooving. Car seems to stop fine however.

I did contact Aerospace. They said grooving and uneven contact was ok. That the grooving was probably created by dirt. Not sure I believe that having had the piston problem. I had those pads and rotors clean upon installation too. I only drove to the track once before it happened and on no dusty roads. The top of the pad concerned is glazed and grooved. I have made several trips to the track now and probably need to take them apart for re-examination.

On the positive side, I have done some fairly hard stopping and no warpage yet. I do drive it out to the track and limited street driving. Can't imagine them warping on the street after what I put it through at the track. Yet they say they are not for street and they told me on the phone that they could warp on the street. I suppose repeated stops could produce enough heat to warp. Don't see how they would get warmer than the multiple laps I made at the track with repeated stops from high speed.

Even after multiple stops from high speeds the pads still don't make full contact to the rotor. I don't see how it stops without pulling to one side but it stops fine. Something is not right however.

Last edited by Larry; 09-23-2004 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: billingsley racing gp?