Bassani Dual Exhaust for F-Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005 | 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

ok let's also clarify this different systems you have pictured. the one on the blue lift is one that lane's performance made in an attempt for bassani to produce.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5&page=4&pp=20 post #21
Originally Posted by Lane
We talked to them over a year ago about working together on duals, but it didn't go anywhere. Alot of effort and money into an exhaust for a car not produced anymore. And, it's going to be $$$.

The muffler they made for us did sound great and work well!

If it wasn't for the p-bar brace and a few other things that get in the way, this system would have been a sweet production exhaust.
now to clarify the part numbers you were given.

part number 5798RS-5 is what's on my car. the S means Split. meaning one tailpipe each side of the car.

part number 5798RD-5 is the same kit. the difference is the D. this puts both tailpipes on the driver's side hence Dual.

Last edited by mrr23; 02-10-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2005 | 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I would like to see PICs of that.
ok here's the pics of it installed with MAC headers and catted y-pipe.

in this pic you can see the driver's side and how it connects to the ball joint socket on the catted y-pipe. when you cut the passenger side front pipe t omeet up with the catted y-pipe, you use that ball flange for the driver's side. cut off about 3" length and slide into the driver's side. then clamp it down with a supplied clamp.

here's arear shot showing both sides. you'll need to cut the passenger side catted y-pipe right behind the mounting flange. then weld front pipe from the x-pipe to it. you can use a slip fit connector that you can get from a parts store if you do not have access to a welder. then get it to an exhaust shop and have it welded is best.

here is a driver's side view showing both connections.

no that you see it can fit, come on and buy it already.
Old 02-10-2005 | 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

now for the convertible guys. here's pics of the crossmember. you just have to take the front section that connects to the tranny member and bolt it to the bottom instead of the top.

Old 02-26-2005 | 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

ok here's the dyno results. the biggest thing you'll notice is that as rpms go up, the gap keeps widening. this tru-dual is on a stock car with only add on is slp airlid and k/n filter. dyno runs before on macedo motorsports graphs, i had the lid and filter on. now with more power added later, the exhaust will continue to grow with it. not become a restriction later. some will look at it as not any better than every other single exhaust out there. but, look at the end result. the more you add to it, the better it can handle it. remember my track results showed .2 and 2 mph NA and .3 and 3 mph with 200 n2o added to it.

first graph: this one is second gear from 10 (700 rpm) mph up reason for doing this is to try and get the lowest rpm reading possible. and in the 2000 up f-bodies, you can put the gear selector in 2nd gear and it'll start off in 2nd. no downshift. as you can see, the winpep7 didn't start reading until about 2300 still. bad thing about winpep7, it'll throw out data if there is too much rpm vs speed difference. basically TC slip. you'll notice where the converter starts to reach stall speed, it starts reading.

for repeatability here's every run made.

now, vinci still uses the original dynojet software. you'll notice on these graphs start at 700 rpm. the older DOS based software isn't as susceptible to TC slip. it has somewhat of a brain. and you can see the torque stall reading. kinda shows the stock stall around 1200 rpm. you'll notice the curve starts the upward trend about 2100. and that's where the winpep7 starts recording at. the main reason why vinci won't upgrade to windows based operating winpep7 program.

again 2nd gear start. to give the broadest rpm range possible. also, i didn't have a baseline on vinci's dyno before adding the bassani tru-dual. these are back to back run. trying to get repeatability.

and here's a 3rd gear run. again this is back to back. not a before/after.
Old 02-26-2005 | 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

wow that looks awesome! I have the mac mids and catted y-pipe and that looks like a fairly easy install, will def have to look into getting one of your systems once I get out of grad school in a couple of months, nice system though and awesome work!
Old 02-28-2005 | 03:54 PM
On The Tree

I'd like to get in on a group purchase. How many more needed?
Old 02-28-2005 | 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

you are the first. so, we need four more. once five people are commited, then all will get it for $849.00 + shipping. vinci has sold 7 sets individually. not on group purchase. so, it shouldn't take long to get the other 4.

michael4034
Old 02-28-2005 | 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Keep me posted.
Old 03-01-2005 | 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is not really a TRUE DUAL system since pipes go back into ONE muffler. Still catbacky to me, then one pipe has to make a near 90 degree turn to come back out of the pass. side rear.. To be called "true dual" you must have 2 mufflers and this system doesn't. Go all the way or go home. I will have to give this system a sorry....
Old 03-01-2005 | 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

well thanks for your comments. it's kinda like the potato potatoe issue. what difference does it make if it's one or two mufflers? the muffler is a two in/out. by doing it this way, you retain a considerable amount of ground clearance. also, knowing people would bring up the one muffler vs two muffler, they called it tru-dual and not true dual.

and speaking of going all the way, i wouldn't consider dumping before the axle going all he way either. because it didn't go all the way out the back. but, i didn't go and crash that party with such a negative comment.

here's a pic of the inside of the muffler from the inlet side.

but hey, to each their own. i have it on both cars now.
Old 03-02-2005 | 05:24 PM
I Like Gold!!!

Any one have a sound clip? No cats with headers.
Old 03-02-2005 | 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

i do from the wife's car when i swapped from the borla to the bassani. my friend that owns the camera hasn't sent me the clips yet. was supposed to do it last night.
Old 03-02-2005 | 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

nice looking quality. wish this kinda stuff was out when i was looking for exhaust. i would prefer this over my Borla i think, but too much to switch
Old 03-02-2005 | 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

that not a negative comment Tru Dual which Dual:meaning more than one two mufflers not a hard concept to grasp.
Old 03-03-2005 | 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrr23
well thanks for your comments. it's kinda like the potato potatoe issue. what difference does it make if it's one or two mufflers? the muffler is a two in/out. by doing it this way, you retain a considerable amount of ground clearance. also, knowing people would bring up the one muffler vs two muffler, they called it tru-dual and not true dual.

and speaking of going all the way, i wouldn't consider dumping before the axle going all he way either. because it didn't go all the way out the back. but, i didn't go and crash that party with such a negative comment.

here's a pic of the inside of the muffler from the inlet side.

but hey, to each their own. i have it on both cars now.
I know its tru duals, this is not a spelling bee! I will post a poll on another tread an see what people think. And like I said, still looks catbacky to me. Whats the point of running dual pipes and choking it back down into one pipe going into the muffler, thats like going back with the STOCK Y PIPE, same concept. Bassani TRUE Dual But whatever floats your boat, well we got one thing in common, we love f-bodies!!!
Old 03-03-2005 | 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

it's not dual pipes to the muffler, then one pipe in the muffler. it's two pipes into one muffler, dualed through it and two pipes out.

duals are having two pipes run off the motor all the way. plenty of people don't use any mufflers. but it's still called duals. but like i said potato potatoe. can't make everyone happy.

the spelling bee thing was just to say that bassani knew in advance that people would say something about only using one muffler. that's why the slight change in spelling.

here's a pic of the entire system layed out on the floor. two in and two out.

and here's the first picture i ever put up of it on my car. you can see it's two in and two out.

Last edited by mrr23; 03-03-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2005 | 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

here's a pic of the entire system layed out on the floor. two in and two out.

and here's the first picture i ever put up of it on my car. you can see it's two in and two out.
[/QUOTE]

ok since its two in two out thats better! I still like my TRUE DUALS better lol. I just think this system is way over priced to still look like a catback. I love the drag car look mine has with the 2 mufflers hanging down. Ground clearance is a killer though, I only have like 4 inches. Only a weekend driver though! hope you enjoy your system, later!
Old 03-13-2005 | 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BBLS1
Any one have a sound clip? No cats with headers.
http://www.vincihighperformance.com/...s1exhaust.html under the right pic of my car, there is two sound bytes. top one is my car. bottom one is the wife's 99 formula with bassani headers and no cats.
Old 03-14-2005 | 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

what kind of X-pipe is that?
Old 03-14-2005 | 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

bassani's very own design.

Quick Reply: Bassani Dual Exhaust for F-Bodies