ASP Racing Underdrive Crank Pulley GP

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28
What Happen you said in your PM that you would have my pulley to me by Saturday?
Now I have to wait till Monday to fire my car up for the first time with the new FM13 THANKS! I won't be ordering anything else from you guys.
First of all, since you feel the need to bring this out in public, I never, as you stated above, "told" or "guaranteed" you would get your package by Saturday.

Here is the conversation we had on Wednesday May 11th...

You think I will have it by Saturday cams going in this weekend?
Here you are giving me 2 days to get your package to you from Texas to Missouri. That is impossible by UPS ground (the shipping that you paid for)

Out of my courtesy, I replied this to you...

If i ship it out tomorrow(Thursday), that only gives 2 days of shipping (UPS doen't ship regular ground on Saturday)

When I go to ship it, I will see how much they charge to have it to you on Sat. morning(Sat. delivery). If it is reasonable, I will swing it out of pocket for all of the troubles we have had with this GP. I will call you from the UPS Center when I find out how much it will be
They wanted $4x.xx extra to get it to you by then. To me this was not a reasonable amount to come out of pocket considering the small profit margin of the transaction. That's just a business decision. Because of this, I tried calling you when I was there but could not get an answer at the number you left me so I went ahead and sent it to you the same way everyone else's packages were to be shipped-UPS Ground. I am sorry I could not get in touch with you as promised. I don't believe that was my fault.

But, being the person that I am, and will always be, If I ever feel someone is not happy with the way we do business, I will do everything in my power to make it right. Since you state above that you will never order anything else from us again, I am sending you a parting gift. Your next set of belts is on us. I know how it can be when you are waiting on 1 small part to complete your vehicle.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports
First of all, since you feel the need to bring this out in public, I never, as you stated above, "told" or "guaranteed" you would get your package by Saturday.

Here is the conversation we had on Wednesday May 11th...

Here you are giving me 2 days to get your package to you from Texas to Missouri. That is impossible by UPS ground (the shipping that you paid for)

Out of my courtesy, I replied this to you...

They wanted $4x.xx extra to get it to you by then. To me this was not a reasonable amount to come out of pocket considering the small profit margin of the transaction. That's just a business decision. Because of this, I tried calling you when I was there but could not get an answer at the number you left me so I went ahead and sent it to you the same way everyone else's packages were to be shipped-UPS Ground. I am sorry I could not get in touch with you as promised. I don't believe that was my fault.

But, being the person that I am, and will always be, If I ever feel someone is not happy with the way we do business, I will do everything in my power to make it right. Since you state above that you will never order anything else from us again, I am sending you a parting gift. Your next set of belts is on us. I know how it can be when you are waiting on 1 small part to complete your vehicle.
A PM from YOU

Originally Posted by IconAutoSports

I don't want to make anyone upset. If it will satisfy you, I will send your package 2 day air at my cost when it arrives.

The profit margin on this GP is so small, I would lose money by having to pay for your package to be overnighted.

Thanks, Justin

Last edited by 02Z28; 05-14-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Z28
A PM from YOU

Thanks, Justin

even if he did send it 2 day on thrus you still wouldn't get it until monday. the only deliveries that UPS does on sat is next day air/early am saturday packages. it's a waste to send a package from TX to MO 2 day air when it will get there in 2 days anyway. i say this because i've been working there for 3 year now.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike
Mine is scheduled to be here Tuesday and will go on next weekend. Thanks for all your efforts, Mike.

02Z28
Sorry you didn't get your order on time, even though I am simply a customer, like everyone else, and have nothing to do with the process.

EVERYONE
There were a lot of unexpected circumstances through this whole thing. I hope everyone gets their stuff, quickly. I think the enjoyment it will provide will eventually be worth the wait ... even though it may not seem that way right now to some.

Hellfire, I can't afford a dyno to meter the difference, anyway. LOL!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Well, I'm not sure about you guys but I talked to Mike @ Icon and he's a stand up guy who busted his *** for this deal. My pulley and belts will be here on the 17th. I'm waiting on it to fire mine up too but I guess it's really not that big of a deal for me to wait a bit......I mean, Hey! I want free belts too damn it!!!

Juuust kiddin' Mike. Thanks for the deal man.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default Icon

I wanted to mention that I PM'd Mike about a pulley a few days ago. He called me very promptly to work on it. I feel he went out of his way to help me out and attempted to help me reach a pretty unreasonable deadline I needed it in. Although I ended up having to go another direction, I have to say I was very impressed and will definitely do a lot of business in the future with Icon.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

you guys want to get stuff for cheap by doing a group purchase and then complain about all the hassle and bitch at the guys who try to help you out when things dont go your way. Most of the time it is out of their control. These GP are a lot less organized than normal ordering from a company so if you want to buy from GP expect some little problems for the cheaper price you get.
All this bitching at people is probably making the organizers not ever want to do it again
Old 05-18-2005, 05:59 AM
TECH Addict

Got my U/D pulley, ARP bolt and belts. They're nice.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got mine the other day..

whole transaction has been simple for me... good pulley, good price. good service

i think he just bit off more then he ment too by not having a set limit.... but now he knows, and i doubt it'll ever happen again.

i wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:33 AM
Launching!

is there one left over for a C5... i'll take it
Old 05-30-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

TTT ... anyone got dyno numbers yet? I'll post mine up when I dyno.