GMMG kicks of another GP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx for the help J.D.!!

Guys, I am extremely sorry for the delay. As JD said our exhaust is hand made for us. The individual who does this has been fighting bronchitis for over a month off and on now. He is said to be feeling better and has promised us a delivery os systems this Wednesday. As long as this goes as planned I will ship EVERYONES exhaust the same day. GM had also held me up on the brackets, but they arrived this morning.

Be patient guys, you will be happy once this exhaust is on your car.

Ron
Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
PATIENTENCE ! ! ! I've known Matt, Ron and Mike for quite sometime now. They have never screwed anyone. They have this exhaust hand made and it takes some time to produce. I know here a little while back that the guy who makes the exhaust for them was sick. Maybe he is under the weather now or maybe they are temporarily out of one of the components like they were out of the large oval tips earlier in this thread. Trust me, the wait is well worth it ! ! !

They run a busy shop down there and don't have a whole lot of time to play on the computer checking LS1TECH or the other web forum sites.

Try shooting Ron an email at GMMIINC7@aol.com. I'm sure he will get back with you and put you at ease.

I never thought they would screw me, I know they are a respected sponsor on several boards. And If I was told their might be a 3-4 week wait from the beginning I wouldn't have any problem. I'm just getting anxious is all.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I never thought they would screw me, I know they are a respected sponsor on several boards. And If I was told their might be a 3-4 week wait from the beginning I wouldn't have any problem. I'm just getting anxious is all.

, I trust them knowing they are reputable, its the anxious factor thats gonna drive me crazy. Especially with warm weather starting.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

I thought you guys did this GP because you had some extra systems laying around?

I believe that a free t shirt for all us waiting is in order.

I understand, but I'm still kinda mad about this.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Daddy
I thought you guys did this GP because you had some extra systems laying around?

You are getting a hand made exhaust at a discounted price and you "believe" you should get a free t-shirt because you are waiting?

Pfft, the nerve of some people.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no free lunch my friend

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
You are getting a hand made exhaust at a discounted price and you "believe" you should get a free t-shirt because you are waiting?

Pfft, the nerve of some people.
Hand made doesnt always mean better (In this case we all know the truth)
Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

No, I didnt have "systems laying around" I had 17 people on the internet requesting a GP and I made it happen. We do keep systems in stock, BUT we also use 3 to 5 a week on the cars we build etc etc. I got over 15 exhaust shipped the day the GP met the minimum requirements. I kept those 15 systems in stock specifically for this GP. I could have easily put a 15 order cap on the GP and stopped it there. I let it run for you guys so everyone who wants to take advantage of the special pricing is able to.

I am truly sorry some of you guys are having to wait a couple of weeks. I do everything within my power to make these GPs go as smoothly as possible. However, some things like my manufacturer having bronchitis and GM not shipping my parts are out of my control. Please try to understand my end, as I surely understand yours

As I said earlier, I should have my order here Wednesday and I will spend the day getting every last order shipped the same day. Bare with me guys.

Ron

Old 04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Best Effort I've ever seen from a Vendor...
Old 04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
Best Effort I've ever seen from a Vendor...
Amen.

Thanks Ron for the update, we know you are working hard. My dad owned his owned his own business, and I saw him deal with the same kind of situations.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the update Ron. We all love you for what you do around here, one of the only Vendors on here who tries THE hardest and stays completely honest through the whole process.

Great Work

Thanks Again,
Adam
Old 04-05-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I too would hope the folks here in this forum would try to understand Ron's situation in shipping these systems out. I know Ron PERSONALLY and I KNOW he is absolutely doing everything in his power to get these orders out to everyone just as fast as he possibly can.

The more griping and complaining that happens in this thread will surely deter him and GMMG from making this offer happen again.

I posted Ron's email address earlier in this thread. If you feel the need to contact him about your order, why don't you shoot him an email and inquire the status of your order rather than complain about it in a public forum. You guys need to remember that they are discounting the system $50 for the standard system and $75 for the system with the oval tips. GMMG did not have to give up $50 to $75 of their profit on this system to do this for any of you. They did this because you guys requested a GP and the guys at GMMG are F-Body enthusiants just like all of you and wanted to do something for you. Trust me, they are busy enough in their shop with their own projects and certainly didn't need to take this exhaust GP on too.

As I said before, PATIENTENCE will pay off. I know the waiting is hard but the results will be well worth it. And just remember, for the discount you are receiving, while no one likes to wait, you can certainly afford to wait and understand their situation for at least a little while.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02_Phase2_ZL1
I too would hope the folks here in this forum would try to understand Ron's situation in shipping these systems out. I know Ron PERSONALLY and I KNOW he is absolutely doing everything in his power to get these orders out to everyone just as fast as he possibly can.

The more griping and complaining that happens in this thread will surely deter him and GMMG from making this offer happen again.

I posted Ron's email address earlier in this thread. If you feel the need to contact him about your order, why don't you shoot him an email and inquire the status of your order rather than complain about it in a public forum. You guys need to remember that they are discounting the system $50 for the standard system and $75 for the system with the oval tips. GMMG did not have to give up $50 to $75 of their profit on this system to do this for any of you. They did this because you guys requested a GP and the guys at GMMG are F-Body enthusiants just like all of you and wanted to do something for you. Trust me, they are busy enough in their shop with their own projects and certainly didn't need to take this exhaust GP on too.

As I said before, PATIENTENCE will pay off. I know the waiting is hard but the results will be well worth it. And just remember, for the discount you are receiving, while no one likes to wait, you can certainly afford to wait and understand their situation for at least a little while.
in other words ppl, demand is seriously overtaking supply so calm the **** down and be patient. youll get your stuff...jus chill.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Teching In

count me in!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am not in on this GP, going duals . However, I would have to say that by reading Ron's posts, you can really see how hard they are tryin to make this a smooth deal. That is quality customer service. GL, and I hope everything works out for everyone, the GMMG does sound wicked, it would be my choice if I wasnt going duals.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

I have been and am currently involved with some manufactures on special deals for myself. Let me begin by saying that these guys dont have to do these "special deals" but they do, be it to get their product out there, to prove that they have great customer service, or just to help people obtain their product who might not be able to under other circumstances.

I tried to get some GPs going for Darton sleeves and Lunati rotating assemblies and man, what a pain in the ***. I really give props to these guy that can organize and pull a GP off. I really wanted in on this GP, but priorities changed and I am having to hold off. Hopefully there will be another GP for these GMMG exhausts in a couple of months.

Remember the motto: Cheap, Fast, Right...Pick any two, you cant get the third!

David
Old 04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't ripping on you guys Ron. I just got back form the desert and its been hell trying to get parts. Not just you guys, but lots of people.

I understand how a buisness is run, and I do appreciate you guys doing a GP. I ordered mine before the GP anyways, so I know what a great kit you guys put out. I was just stating that I'm upset that I have to wait. I know its selfish and all, but I only have a few more weeks with my car and I was really looking forward to getting that exhaust on soon.

I am thouroughly pissed about the t shirt
Old 04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Ok count me in too! I've been looking to get one of these for awhile!

Info and $$$ will be sent out tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Count me in. I have to make some arrangements with the credit cards, but I will git 'r done in time. I wish I had searched for this earlier, so that I wouldn't be so rushed to make the arrangements.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

I am interested since another deal I was working fell through.... As long as I get my order in by 2morrow I should be ok right?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Orders have been updated guys. 31 and counting so far. My manufacturer called me this morning and said to expect him later this afternoon and everything was on schedule. Ill be spending tonight getting systems ready to go out to you all UPS

Quick Reply: GMMG kicks of another GP!!!!!