is that 7?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are at 180 now im in
Old 03-17-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I was just about to put my card number in when I noticed the site isnt encrypted that means any one and thier brother can see it. Id like to get the fans but wont jeopardize my money, credit or identity.

Please let me know if you accept cod or I can take advantage of this price my mailing you a check.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
I was just about to put my card number in when I noticed the site isnt encrypted that means any one and thier brother can see it. Id like to get the fans but wont jeopardize my money, credit or identity.

Please let me know if you accept cod or I can take advantage of this price my mailing you a check.
After attempting to order, I have a problem with the site as well. There is no reason for anyone to have my birthdate to make a credit card transaction. I have never been asked to provide this info, for any other company, for any other transaction. It is required info here, which is not okay with me.

I have a PM into Justin about this.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:44 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Naked AV
After attempting to order, I have a problem with the site as well. There is no reason for anyone to have my birthdate to make a credit card transaction. I have never been asked to provide this info, for any other company, for any other transaction. It is required info here, which is not okay with me.

I have a PM into Justin about this.

can someone commit fraud with that info?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Not that i know of, I really didnt even notice that when i made a login on the website, I'll see if i can get it taken out. The only thing i can think of is its there for credit card verification. I really don't see what anyone is going to do with your birthdate, but i understand where your coming from.

We do accept phone orders, paypal or moneyorders.

Thanks
Justin
Old 03-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by Justin @ EADPerformance
Not that i know of, I really didnt even notice that when i made a login on the website, I'll see if i can get it taken out. The only thing i can think of is its there for credit card verification. I really don't see what anyone is going to do with your birthdate, but i understand where your coming from.

We do accept phone orders, paypal or moneyorders.

Thanks
Justin
Birthdate is NOT required for CC info, in fact, no CC company would ever ask for that information from a vendor to verify identity. This is what the extra three numbers on the back of credit cards are for.

Once someone has your birthdate, it is much easier to get your SSN; after that it is all over as far as ID theft. I am alarmed that this info is required, I am also alarmed that there is no explanation as to why it is required.

The third alarm bell I have going off is, why is the site not secure? I notice this question has not been addressed.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:00 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Birthdate is NOT required for CC info, in fact, no CC company would ever ask for that information from a vendor to verify identity. This is what the extra three numbers on the back of credit cards are for.

Once someone has your birthdate, it is much easier to get your SSN; after that it is all over as far as ID theft. I am alarmed that this info is required, I am also alarmed that there is no explanation as to why it is required.

The third alarm bell I have going off is, why is the site not secure? I notice this question has not been addressed.
The only reason the site was asking for the birthdate is because that was a default option when I setup the shopping cart and never went back and took it out. I just took care of that. We do not use birthdates for anything and there is no reason for us to have it so it's gone. When you setup a new account, you are no longer asked to enter your birthdate.

When you submit your CC info, it is submitted directly to our CC processor via a secure connection and nothing about your CC info is stored on our site. They will not accept the info unless it is secure. I've been working with my webhost to get it so the lock shows. According to them, it should hopefully be showing by the end of the month if all goes well.

If for any reason you are still uncomfortable submitting an order online, we can accept your order via PayPal, CC over the phone, or we can take check (3 to 5 days to clear) or money order.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:02 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Tim @ EADPerformance
The only reason the site was asking for the birthdate is because that was a default option when I setup the shopping cart and never went back and took it out. I just took care of that. We do not use birthdates for anything and there is no reason for us to have it so it's gone. When you setup a new account, you are no longer asked to enter your birthdate.

When you submit your CC info, it is submitted directly to our CC processor via a secure connection and nothing about your CC info is stored on our site. They will not accept the info unless it is secure. I've been working with my webhost to get it so the lock shows. According to them, it should hopefully be showing by the end of the month if all goes well.

If for any reason you are still uncomfortable submitting an order online, we can accept your order via PayPal, CC over the phone, or we can take check (3 to 5 days to clear) or money order.

good to know, thanks!

we do have 7 right?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by moregrip
good to know, thanks!

we do have 7 right?
Yes grippy they got 7, but yours is still regular price
Old 03-18-2005, 03:38 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by JERRY2500
Yes grippy they got 7, but yours is still regular price
ah jeez! figures

has anyone recieved their fans yet?

j/k
Old 03-18-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now we Need a Wiring setup Gp for the fans
Old 03-18-2005, 05:51 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by GMC SKI
Now we Need a Wiring setup Gp for the fans
wiring? which part? the 2 bare ended electrical clips OR the wiring harness to plug into the pcm?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Into the Pcm would be nice
The PCM for less harness looks good just a little Pricey
How Deep are the fans i just hope they are as deep as my Flexalite fans
I have a few things planned for the space between the motor and fans
Old 03-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Naked AV

Do I have this right - it is $45 to ship to California? That can't be right.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:33 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fans should ship out tomorrow as long as Con-Way actually drops off our boxes we ordered tomorrow. They should of been here on Friday.

Naked AV: PM me your zipcode and I'll double check the shipping for you, the boxes alone that we had to order for these are almost $10 each. We were shipping them in smaller boxes before but 4 out of 5 ended up being trashed by UPS. Now because of the larger boxes we have to use, it ships as an oversize package and is equivalant to shipping a 70lb box.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

woops..been busy. I will call tommorrow with my order. Thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Naked AV

Originally Posted by Tim @ EADPerformance
Fans should ship out tomorrow as long as Con-Way actually drops off our boxes we ordered tomorrow. They should of been here on Friday.

Naked AV: PM me your zipcode and I'll double check the shipping for you, the boxes alone that we had to order for these are almost $10 each. We were shipping them in smaller boxes before but 4 out of 5 ended up being trashed by UPS. Now because of the larger boxes we have to use, it ships as an oversize package and is equivalant to shipping a 70lb box.
PM sent.