BG Ram Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG Ram Air

How many people would be interested in trying to get a GP going on the BG Ram air kit. The price for it normally is pretty high, and there are only two sponsors i know that carry it. So whose interested and are there any sponsors out there that are interested if we get enough people. How many people is enough if a sponsor does step up. Here is also the link to the part itself and its explanation.

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/bg-ram-air.html

BG Ram Air Induction System (1998-2002 WS6)
The BG Ram Air Induction system is designed to replace the stock Trans Am WS6 hood baffles and seal the 1 inch gap between the hood and the air box to smoothly transition and maximize the forced cold, high pressure air into your engine to create more horsepower. By sealing the hood you eliminate any warm air that would normally get pulled into the air box from under the hood and bring in cold fresh air which contains more oxygen than the warmer air the car normally breathes.

In addition, at higher speeds, this system will achieve a mild pressurization of the sealed air box. Customers have been experiencing 5-8 % better fuel economy from the increased efficiency of their motors.

Typical 1/4 mile gains are up to 2 tenths and 1.5-2.0 MPH. This equates to 15-20 HP increases under 100 MPH. The faster you go, the more power you will achieve! This system is made of high heat resistant urethanes for long life.

Typical installation time is 1 hour. Optional rain blocking plate, nostril corner pieces and extra replacement gasket are available. See pictures below.

Note: You may order the replacement gasket, nostril corner pieces or the rain blocking plate separately - see below. Shipping will be combined after we receive your order if you order more than one of those parts.
Attached Thumbnails BG Ram Air-afterthoughtsauto_1830_3967903.jpg  
Old 04-03-2005, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck getting a GP on this...its been unsuccessfully tried before. Brian doesn't make much on these as it is. Unless one of the sponsors would do free shipping or something...
Old 04-03-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe ill just make me one on my own out of sheet metal. If i do and it works out ill just sell those to people. The price on these little pieces of plastic are way too high.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Default yes, pricey

I would be interested, if there was some type of help on the price. I agree these pcs of plastic don't come cheap.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by matts22
Good luck getting a GP on this...its been unsuccessfully tried before. Brian doesn't make much on these as it is. Unless one of the sponsors would do free shipping or something...
I agree, no one's been able to get a GP on this yet, but if they ever do, I'll definately be in on it!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

They tried to get one going last year with like 20 or 30+ orders, never went through.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

God damn, they couldnt even get one done with that many orders. ok, now i am definately interested in trying to make these by myself. Im gonna make a call to my friend right now and see what it would take to make them ourselves. Ill keep everyone posted if i can find a way to make them myself.

Quick Reply: BG Ram Air