VFN Hood GP is a GO!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: VFN Hood GP is a GO!!

Wow! I saw your thread, but didn't realize that was a VFN hood! VFN is really good about addressing an issue if you're not happy with something. I would definitely give them a call about your issues. Let us know how they respond.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my hood from VFN the other day and I noticed the same GAPS at the back of the hood. It's connected in the middle, but off to each side is open like yours. I haven't checked mine for the bracket holes yet but it's probably missing a hole like yours. It's pretty scratched up too, but I guess that doesn't matter since it'll be painted.

Anyone else get their hood yet?
Old 05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
dug
Banned

I got mine last weekend. Havent installed it but laid it over the stock hood. Looks like a good enough fit. I bought the cheapest one cuz it was the lightest. It sure is light.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

I received VFN SS hood about a week ago. I wanted a lighter hood, but for the street, a too light hood is not advisable. Both corners facing the windshield were pitted, scarred and broken off a little bit. Also, it had numerous scratches on front and back from riding in the truck to destination. Bolt holes appear to be alright. It would have seem that the hood could have been packed better with foam or equal due to the price of the hood. However, I will have it painted and pitted spots fixed at the paint shop this Tuesday. I am painting the hood the same color as my car (navy blue) and blended with the rest of the car. This is my story. Kent1
Old 05-25-2003, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: no stops signs, no speed limits .... on a highway to hell

I was considering this GP but after looking at thos pictures the quality looks horrible ... for me any offset in weight savings in not worth poor fit & finish.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

i hate to say this, but this is the reason i will not buy a vfn hood. this is not the first problems ive heard of.

Quick Reply: VFN Hood GP is a GO!!