Sub-Frame Connector GP

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, count me out as of now. I decided to get a set locally, as this has taken way too long. To those who wait it out, post up if they are as nice as they sound.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

yea, an update would be nice. kinda starting to wander another path..
keep us informed please

Ski
Old 07-23-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

3 months now,

Id be interested in an update as well. Other than one that more or less says 'they will be done when they are done'
Old 07-23-2005, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want the regular boxed SFC's as i dont think the 3 point style will work with my TSP true duals. Can I get a price for a set of boxed SFC's ?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem, we'll quote you in 2months, and ship in 6-8....years.

Check Ebay, they sell alot there, yet absolutely ignore this site...joke of a sponsor in my opionion, even though all reviews of their products are positive. UMI, you guys are lazy ***** who need to get a clue and at least poke your head in and say "hey guys, know you've been waiting MONTHS, haven't been stringing you along like a tool....etc, etc" Thank for nothing.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

I am gonig to go ahead and order soemthing different. i wanted to get these on soon.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

*Edit* didn't pay attention before posting

Last edited by 69_YENKO; 07-24-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
they are already advertising the 3 point design for sell on there web site at 199.00 a pair.
http://www.umiperformance.com/2400.aspx

Those are for model years 82-92 but they are under the 02 category.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blenkush
Those are for model years 82-92 but they are under the 02 category.
Thats what threw me off
Old 07-24-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hoss Ghoul, calm down. No need for name calling. That kind of crap isn't tolerated or even necessary.

Ryan broke his foot recently, and that has slowed things down around the shop a little. I'll be talking to him tomorrow and I'll let him know to check out this thread if he hasn't already.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry Cypur, but that was hardly insulting, or unreasonable. They have been lazy about updating us, and that can hardly be disputed. If calling a sponsor lazy about updating us is unreasonalbe then I guess the companies own this site and the members are nothing but $$$$$$$$ to them...if I'm not mistaken it should be the other way around.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
Sorry Cypur, but that was hardly insulting, or unreasonable. They have been lazy about updating us, and that can hardly be disputed. If calling a sponsor lazy about updating us is unreasonalbe then I guess the companies own this site and the members are nothing but $$$$$$$$ to them...if I'm not mistaken it should be the other way around.

UMI gets good feedback from members here but sorry, as of now, UMI . . .
Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Well i will still be patiently waiting these things' release. I want almost all of my suspension to be UMI and i dont really mind waiting. There are things that just are out of our control, and yes UMI is a business, but you cant expect them to spend hours everyday looking into every site, every email, every PM, and for that matter every post that has to do with them or there products. If they did, nothing would ever get made. So continue working on it and make it a hell of a part for us.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

I have no problem waiting for a good product, but I would like to get an update on it.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hoss Ghoul, how about you walk into a place of business and call a business owner a lazy **** to his face? Would you call that disrespectful? How do you think its any different online?

UMI has said they are doing their best, and they are. I've been in touch with Ryan since he mentioned the SFCs and the Tq Arm, and he's been giving me updates when he has new info. The fact that he's not even always in town doesn't help in getting the product out. This isn't the only thing on their table right now.

What you think is or isn't insulting or unreasonable isn't the standard by which I moderate either. That is a mix of what the site owners have laid down as guidelines and my best judgement. If you have a problem with it, PM me or one of the Administrators. Leave it out of this thread.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, I think I need to express my opinion.

I feel some members are being a bit harsh here and some what rude. I have always taken this site as a great site and I treat everyone as good as possible. We are doing the best we can to get some new items out, but being a smaller shop it is hard at times.

First off I didn't start this Group Purchase and there was never a group purchase. Someone said "hey lets have a GP for 3 point SFC's" I stepped in and said I am working on them and would have them soon, no PROMISES just said I would have them soon, 2 weeks I think. Well since then my shop has been swamped with orders and we have been unable to finish these to date. We have picked up a few venders such as Byunspeed (Site Sponsor) to help handle sales and customers since we are so busy.

I have not taken anyone's money or even attempted to take an order on these. I have avoided this thread because I do not have the items completed yet; it’s hard to tell the members we do not have them completed. If you look through the Sponsor feedback you will not see one bad comment on my company. We have tremendous customer service and a great product as well as fast shipping.

To call a business owner that works 16 hours a day 7 days a week lazy is ridiculous!

Thanks for the update Travis. I will do my best from now on to keep this thread updated. My shop is going through growing pains that any company goes through. We have a great product and quality and have built a demand for the items we carry. We are currently working on adding more equipment as well as employees. My current employees are working 60 hours a week to fill orders and to try to keep new products such as this completed.

I made a mistake and gave a deadline I could not meet, I apologize. I said 2 weeks and I was unable to do it. Lack of man power and machines as well as some trade shows we are doing this summer put us back sometime. I choose my current orders to be more important then these at the moment.

So for a quick update- Yes we are still working on them, slowly but surely. We still have plans to release these soon. I have not taken anyone’s money on these nor do I plan too. As soon as they are completed I will be glad to work with members who have waited.

If you have any questions please ask, I will keep my eye on this thread.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the update Ryan. I think most people will be understanding if you have delays, as long as you tell them about it.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...16#post3253816

if anyone is interested
Old 07-26-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Ryan and Cyphur, thanks for interjecting, as this thread was getting a little out of control. I was getting tired of seeing people complaining without sufficient cause.

Please get these done as soon as possible, and start a new thread when you do. Also, a bolt-on design would be nice, though I could have them installed by a very popular speed shop near me (RevX), so weld in would be acceptable, and offer a nice GP for those that have waited patiently.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Blenkush- Thanks for the understanding and support. It is much apprecaited

Casperws6- No one is holding anyone back from buying from another company. The customers who do get our product will not be disappointed, guaranteed!

2002BlackSS- I apprecaite your understanding as well. These are on the top of the TFASAP list (To Finish As Soon As Possible) and I will treat all members the best I can who have patiently waited.

Regards,
Ryan

Quick Reply: Sub-Frame Connector GP