Bilstien HD GP Thread Removed

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstien HD GP Thread Removed

Threads of that nature are not allowed on LS1Tech. If they are not an LS1Tech Sponsor, then we do not facilitate group purchases or the organization of them becuase they are unauthorized. I apologize for not seeing this particular case and letting it get as far as it did.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In fairness to the organizers....they first asked for a sponsor to come forward to do it...then they waited and waited....no response.....there are nearly 100 sponsors and none of them wanted it. Matters not, I think everyone that wanted the shocks got in already. I thought it was cool that it was allowed to go on.

Sincerely,

Dave (spent thousands with the sponsors) Carney
Old 08-11-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave for stepping up and for your accurate account of the events.

I take responsibility for running afoul of the policies and procedures of this forum. I could have looked to see if it was allowed given the circumstances (as correctly described by Dave), but...three things came to my mind at the time:

1. If no sponsors answered the GP request, then they either do not carry the product or they were not interested (I fully understand given a presumably small margin, among other factors);
2. Since no sponsor was openly interested, this pseudo-GP with a non-sponsor was not competitive to the sponsors (it was organized through a gathering of like minds and would have been purchased individually through eBay if not facilitated herein, albeit for $25 more);
3. I find it easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Bryan (just spent my first thousand with sponsors and am more than half-way to the next thousand) Carota
Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Very true, I looked and looked for a sponsor that wanted to do some business with several people that needed a set of shocks with no luck, fortunately tecdeals quickly shipped out my shocks when I needed them...thanks man!!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

I see there point. It is not sponsered on the site so should have been through e-mail or something............but nobody else stepped up for it though. So it was not taking money outta there pocket. Don't get me wrong, I understand it is in the way it is done, but we love discounts! So just like anybody would, they got a deal! We just want the best deal they can give us.......no more. Wrong to do it on the site but as I said cant blame them.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cyphur_traq, is there is resolution that we can come to whereby in these circumstances we can go outside of the sponsor's to organize a group buy?

For example, if we organized a group of members to purchase bulk quantities of (insert product here) that were not in direct competition to sponsors, would not jeopardize the forum's relationsip with the sponsors, or were of no interest to the sponsors?