HUGE FFHP Short Block Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camarokid94
im kidkin my self for not ordering one!!
can you PM the normal price please that they go for now cause in gettin serious about one now . thanks
PM on the way.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the pm
Old 03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Scott or Brad at FFHP,

This is Dustin from Jacksonville, Florida. I just ordered a 408 from you guys on Friday I think.

I got your call and gave you guys a shout back about the CC info and my address and everything but I think everyone was outta there. I just wanted to make sure you get everything you need so you guys can get rolling on it and make me faster!

Gimmie a shout tomorrow if you need any more billing/credit card info.

As for everyone else, these guys are great to work with and I'm really pleased with how I've been treated thus far. Brad has really stepped up and helped out with picking heads and adding his two cents to steer me in the right direction to meet my goals that I've set. Great job so far guys!

Dustin
Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Come on guys.

No shortblock, no gaskets and no tracking number as promised. Not happy!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
Come on guys.

No shortblock, no gaskets and no tracking number as promised. Not happy!!!

I'm with you. I'm getting a little frustrated. I ordered my 408 3 months ago and still nothing. I payed my final balance last week and was told that I will see my shortblock on Monday (5-1-06). I have been leaving numerous messages since yesterday with to return phone call. I finally caught Scott on the phone in the morning today who told me that he will ask Brad about my motor and call me back. Well it's past 8 pm on Wednesday and no call back.
I was one of the unfortunate members of this board that got taken by AP Engineering's "Mother of all Shortblock Sale" and I do not want that to happen again. Please someone from FFHP call me and let me know whats going on and where is my shortblock.

FRANK
Old 05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

Guys, I jumped on this deal as well and have been jerked around a bit as well but please understand something. FFHP are known around here for offering a quality built product. Now, granted, they don't have very good customer service skills at the moment because it was basically Brad building engines by himself. Now Scott has been hired on and they are taking steps to improve the overall customer experience. They don't rush the motors and that's what counts. Their projected delivery dates fell short multiple times with me but honestly, all I care about is the fact that my **** is right so I don't have to do this again...until I swap the heads for some ETP 255's and go with a custom single hair dryer set-up.

I just got my tracking number yesterday and I will have my 408 tomorrow.

Hang in there guys. I know where you're coming from. I've been in your shoes for a while now but I think I can finally see the light at the end of that damn tunnel.

Good luck guys. I hope you get em fast.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GONEB4U
I'm with you. I'm getting a little frustrated. I ordered my 408 3 months ago and still nothing. I payed my final balance last week and was told that I will see my shortblock on Monday (5-1-06). I have been leaving numerous messages since yesterday with to return phone call. I finally caught Scott on the phone in the morning today who told me that he will ask Brad about my motor and call me back. Well it's past 8 pm on Wednesday and no call back.
I was one of the unfortunate members of this board that got taken by AP Engineering's "Mother of all Shortblock Sale" and I do not want that to happen again. Please someone from FFHP call me and let me know whats going on and where is my shortblock.

FRANK
Frank,
I meant to call you back yesterday, but by the time I talked to Brad I was on my way to the bank for a meeting, I emailed you from there to give you at least a small update. You and everyone else WILL get your engines, we recieved more orders than we expected, the C5 turbo kit R&D has slowed other things down, all of the sudden we have/had like 4 major installs going on, one of them a 427ci LS7 sytle setup in to an F-body blah blah. Brad was over whelmed to say the least. Our iron block source dryed up, so we ordered new iron blocks from GM in some cases(took a beating on that) but did what we had to do. All in all we are working hard to resolve our backlog and move forward. We apologize for these delays.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Demon SS
Frank,
I meant to call you back yesterday, but by the time I talked to Brad I was on my way to the bank for a meeting, I emailed you from there to give you at least a small update. You and everyone else WILL get your engines, we recieved more orders than we expected, the C5 turbo kit R&D has slowed other things down, all of the sudden we have/had like 4 major installs going on, one of them a 427ci LS7 sytle setup in to an F-body blah blah. Brad was over whelmed to say the least. Our iron block source dryed up, so we ordered new iron blocks from GM in some cases(took a beating on that) but did what we had to do. All in all we are working hard to resolve our backlog and move forward. We apologize for these delays.
Guys these things happen. I waited for nearly 9months before i got my stroker from another sponsor. BUT it was well worth the wait.

Lest they have given an legitimate update....

im sure they are gonna come through for everybody...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Spoke to Scott today and I feel comfortable that I will see my 408 Shortblock soon. Thanks Guys.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Similar story on my end guys......and my 408 was one of the 2 shortblocks that was stolen a few weeks back Brad stepped up to the plate with a nice upgrade option that took some of the sting out. The biggest problem was everyone had a piston backorder of 4-5 weeks. As luck would have it I was able to pick up a set of JE FSR -29 brand new off Ebay for a song that very next weekend.

Considering the order was placed on Feb 7 they did not quite make the two week delivery being quoted But I thought that a tad optomistic when I placed the order. I am trusting that this shortblock was worth the wait, Brad seems like a good guy, had a great idea, then was just overwhelmed with the response he got.....Hopefully Scott can clear out the numerous full voicemail boxes, make contact with the customers, while Brad is pumping out 1000HP LSx motors

Just got word from Fed Ex....be home between 1 and 5 Tomorrow
Old 05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

We made a few mistakes this time around. The last short block sale we ran we limited it to 10 shortblocks/longblocks combined. We were able to swing that one without a problem. So we decided to let it role this time and it bit us prettyhard. only now do i realize that to much business can hurt. All of the little and big projects we are working on along with these engines have put a hurting on all of us. Hell it is 11:22 here and i just got done dynoing a car. Now i have to finish up a head and cam install before i get to go home. We are working around the clock to get all of this stuff out and we should be somewhat caught up soon. I wanted to thank all of you for being so patient with us even though i know how it feels.

Brad

P.S. Sorry for the poor english
Old 05-06-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Update....

My FFHP 408 showed up yesterday afternoon.
Scott shot me an email this morning regarding a couple issues yet to be resolved.

Hang in there guys....they are coming!!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 AM
FormerVendor

You will get your stuff and it will be right Brad and Scott will make sure of that. I have had them do a few motors for us now and they are very strong cars. Be patient and let them work on your new ride it will be so worth it trust me.

Nate
Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Teching In

i need a assembled good priced ls1 block... pistons, crank,...basicly assembled, do you have anything for me? pm me asap please!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

YIKES! Talk about digging up the dead!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 981s1ta
i need a assembled good priced ls1 block... pistons, crank,...basicly assembled, do you have anything for me? pm me asap please!
Please do a search. This company is no longer a sponsor due to not keeping their promise on motors. I would check into other companies that have proven themselves.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:29 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I dont even think they are in business anymore..

Plenty of other good sponsors on the right to call for an LSx engine.

Quick Reply: HUGE FFHP Short Block Sale!