Let’s see if I can save you guys some money?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
What kinda time frame are we looking at here? Got me a big pay-raise that i'll be seeing in about two weeks, but defenitely interested in your GP. You've mentioned 6-p.c., which would be nice, but i'm still SERIOULSY interested even if you stick with 4-p.c.
-->Charlie
Hi Charlie,

That is nice to hear... As I said we need at least three people to get in on this to make it a real savings for you guys. I would be totally willing to go the 6 piston if that is what is wanted. I have yet to establish a date, still just trying to see the interest. I will count you as number one, so now I need to hear from everyone else. If we get enough, we can make it a short time limit so you guys can get your BRAKES ASAP. Talk to you soon, and feel free to give me a call guys if you have any questions...
Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
I have a 2002 Camaro:

Intrested in upgrading the front brakes. What do you have and price wise to change it over to bigger brakes. Also I take it it will need brackets to make the calipers work correct? Thanks
I am also very intrested. I just want to see if I will need anything else to install it? I know you have to add a custom bracket to update to the C5/Z06 front brakes. Does your kit also need the bracket? If so do you have to do any cutting to make it work? Thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
I am also very intrested. I just want to see if I will need anything else to install it? I know you have to add a custom bracket to update to the C5/Z06 front brakes. Does your kit also need the bracket? If so do you have to do any cutting to make it work? Thanks
Hi,

Our kits are all inclusive, so the only thing needed is tools and brake fluid. I just looked at the instructions, and there are no modifications required, it is a bolt on application. If you would like, I can post the instructions as well. Let me know if there are any more questions,
Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Well, you can count me as #1 if nobody else has already shown SERIOUS interest. Just PM me if/when this goes through, if people wanna save money and go 4-piston, im totally down with that too! Just time for new brakes.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Well, you can count me as #1 if nobody else has already shown SERIOUS interest. Just PM me if/when this goes through, if people wanna save money and go 4-piston, im totally down with that too! Just time for new brakes.
Great... I think we have two now if 1 Blown V8 is down too. I need at least one more, but I would really like to see 3 more since I can really save you guys some cash. I guess what needs to be done is talk about it... if you guys can find more interested people, that would be great. So as it stands, I am counting two, although I think there are more. Come on people speak up!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Default Thread title too vague?

Maybe nobody is seeing this because the thread title is too vague? Just an idea, maybe you'd wanna edit it and add the word "BRAKES" in there somewhere?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Bumpity bump bump
Old 06-21-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

i am probably VERY interested just how much will this be? i really am looking into new brakes?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Jesus!! Five Grand for me...

2660 front &
2350 rear
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by who281
i am probably VERY interested just how much will this be? i really am looking into new brakes?
Hi,

Well this depends on how many kits we can get together. I have listed the 4 piston kit which retails for $1650, and if we can get three of you together on the purchase, it will be 1402.50. I think I already have two, so you would make three, now if we can get 5 or more people in on this, then the kit will go for $1237.50. should I consider you for #3?

Let me know
Old 06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by su_maverick
Jesus!! Five Grand for me...

2660 front &
2350 rear
Hi, where did you get the prices for those, I am sure we can do better. What are you looking for 6 or 4 piston?
Old 06-24-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will you consider giving a percentage of discount on RED SLR6 piston calipers (front pair) & RED Dynalite 4 piston calipers (rear pair) ? Say yes ! (mind control)
Old 06-25-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Will you consider giving a percentage of discount on RED SLR6 piston calipers (front pair) & RED Dynalite 4 piston calipers (rear pair) ? Say yes ! (mind control)
^^^ That'd be kinda cool, 6 in front, 4 in back
Old 06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Default Order before July 25th for this GP

Hey guys... Well I guess that settles it. I think the 6 piston set up has more interest, but keep in mind, it is a bit more money... Here is the description,

Precision Brakes Company Front Kit: 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro (LS1), 12.81" x 1.25" two-piece rotors (plain face), aluminum hats, billet Superlite six piston calipers, one set of pads, caliper mounting brackets & hardware, stainless steel flex hoses &... 2,120.00 is retail.

3 to 4 price will be $1802 each

5 + will be $1590 each

Well guys, I say lets do it. I think we have at least three of you on board. I am going to set the cut off date of JULY 25th, so you have a bit of time. Now this is the front, but I am also going to offer this kit as a GP also.

Precision Brakes Company Rear Brake System - Chevrolet Camaro LS1, 98-02 - 325mm x 22mm, 2- pc. - Plain Rotors, Wilwood 4 Piston - Dynalite Calipers, Brackets, Pads, SS Flex Hoses, Hardware, Instructions - Includes e-brake 1,900.00 Retail

3 to 4 will be $1615 each

5 + will be $1425 each

So I am here. Give me a call so we can start making quotes and getting these GPs set up. Have a great day

Regards
Old 06-27-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

and just to verify... the Superlites are from Wilwood?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

and just to verify... the Superlites are from Wilwood?
Yes, sir, we use Wilwood calipers only. Let me know if you have any more questions,

Regards
Old 07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a question for ya Vic. Im really interested in the 6 piston kit but i have read some and wanan get some clarification on the kit. I read in teh brake FAQ in teh brake portion of LS1 Tech. It says that the wilwood kit is not a floatin caliper and since it is not it has a problem where after u brake hard the next time u brake it will feel squishy and might even take a pump to get them grabbin as well as it could. Can u inform me how much of a real life issue this is? I really wanna get this kit as its a great price but i jsut wanna know before i buy. Thanks

John
Old 07-05-2006, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Hi John,

Thanks for the inquiry. Could you link me to that article, I would like to see it. What I can say is that pretty much every company who sells Big Brake Upgrades offers a 6 piston fix mount caliper, so if there were a problem with fixed calipers, then it would be universal. I can say that out of all of the kits I have sold, I have never heard of a "squishy" pedal unless there was some problem with the bleed procedure. Here is what one of our fellows LS1ers wrote about the 6 piston set up he ordered from me...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ecision+brakes

Well I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, just let me know.

Regards

Victor

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
I have a question for ya Vic. Im really interested in the 6 piston kit but i have read some and wanan get some clarification on the kit. I read in teh brake FAQ in teh brake portion of LS1 Tech. It says that the wilwood kit is not a floatin caliper and since it is not it has a problem where after u brake hard the next time u brake it will feel squishy and might even take a pump to get them grabbin as well as it could. Can u inform me how much of a real life issue this is? I really wanna get this kit as its a great price but i jsut wanna know before i buy. Thanks

John

Quick Reply: Let’s see if I can save you guys some money?