Any chance for a Gtech Pro Competition GP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any chance for a Gtech Pro Competition GP?

Can ya help a Dragon out??

That new Gtech looks wicked sweet . . . makes me wish I didn't already install Harlan's light . . . oh well . . . now I'll have 2 shift lights
Old 06-21-2003, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Any chance for a Gtech Pro Competition GP?

I would like one of these too - been watching Ebay for one.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

I had the GTech Pro Competition, but I hated it. It was very inconsistent, and I never got a realistic horsepower and torque measurement. Plus you have to deal with leveling the device, making sure that you are on a level road, etc, etc.

I invented a tool that uses the vehicles sensors to determine performance stats, and it is very accurate. It also acts as an OBD-II scantool. It can be used to reset the service engine light, etc.

I called it ProScan, and I'm currently selling it on ebay. Camaros will need the VPW converter. Just search ebay for: "ProScan VPW". The tool typically sells for ~$160.

The website is: http://www.suicidalcreations.com/proscan

Just my .02,
David
Old 06-26-2003, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

CyaTroll

The Pro Competition requires no leveling, and self compensates for road conditions. You obviously have never tried it, so I am not sure I want you inventing anything that goes in my car...

Just wanted to say before the mods make you disappear like a twinkee at a weight watcher convention.

Back to the topic at hand - any sponsers carry these?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am definitely interested in a GP on the Gtech comp. It looks very slick and from what i have heard pretty accurate + or - a tenth or two at the most.

Anyway lets try and get this started before my birthday on July 16th! Im trying to get my girlfriend to buy me one

As far as that other guys protool or whatever. It looks like a combination between autotap and one of those online hp/quarter mile/0-60 calculators. The gtech supposedly has special sensors like an accelerometer or something to detect movement, gforce, etc. I have seen car & driver or motor trend television use something just like it on their test cars.

Old 06-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I had the GTech Pro Competition, but I hated it. It was very inconsistent, and I never got a realistic horsepower and torque measurement. Plus you have to deal with leveling the device, making sure that you are on a level road, etc, etc.

I invented a tool that uses the vehicles sensors to determine performance stats, and it is very accurate. It also acts as an OBD-II scantool. It can be used to reset the service engine light, etc.

I called it ProScan, and I'm currently selling it on ebay. Camaros will need the VPW converter. Just search ebay for: "ProScan VPW". The tool typically sells for ~$160.

The website is: http://www.suicidalcreations.com/proscan

Just my .02,
David
How does your system use engine parameters to determine things like the gtech uses? Very curious...
Old 07-01-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

count me in (for the right price) and that was phat phrase with the whole tweinke thing very funny!!!

Quick Reply: Any chance for a Gtech Pro Competition GP?