The Powder Pro powdercoated brake caliper,ported throttle body,and MAF exchange!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my throttle body that was ported/polished and powdercoated. Added a little bit of bling and the porting looked exceptional. THANKS!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks Caleb, glad you like the TB. Your ported anodized red powder MAF ends will be delivered today as well
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

can't wait to see my stuff once it returns

I may have more to do since you got me on the coating spree

see you soon
Old 09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

My calipers are already painted som but wished I had got the powdercoated. I may just get you to do it since they have some chipping in the back. I prolly would have you do the rebuild kit too just in case. I'll be in touch.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
can't wait to see my stuff once it returns

I may have more to do since you got me on the coating spree

see you soon

Its addicting bro trust me, I've had a few tech members call me a the next best thing to a crack dealer lol. Gotta have the show with the go baby!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by fastmatt98
My calipers are already painted som but wished I had got the powdercoated. I may just get you to do it since they have some chipping in the back. I prolly would have you do the rebuild kit too just in case. I'll be in touch.
They will only keep chipping I'm afraid..time for powder

I've been dying to do a set of calipers in SOM, but nobody has pulled the trigger yet on SOM. I love that color!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

If only you had 05-06 GTO calipers on core return.....I can't have my car down for that long
Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I want them to have the camaro ss logo on them and don't have any as of now. I'll get on the ball and buy some from afterthoughts and then mail them to you with a payment. Do I get a special discount since I will be the 1st som and your Chi town Bears beat up on my Eagles the other night? lol jk. I'm still grieving.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Motorboater

Caleb--i have a set of 04 GTO calipers here but i know they are different from 05-06. If you wanted to use them while i did your calipers so the car isn't down thats fine with me

Matt98--lol, sorry about the game if you want to do decals on them, i like the quality of the afterthoughts auto ones, is that what you are thinking? Pm me if you want, we'll chat.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

This may have been answered already but will you take calipers that already have a been painted as a core? I was thinking of getting the black with the near chrome bracket...looks sweet.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Motorboater

yes I will take painted calipers as cores, its ok. Yeah the black with near chrome brackets is very very nice in person, you'd like it let me know..
Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

I do want them...like crack...I need them...but I can't right now...or can I...I should't...give me a couple weeks and I will.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Motorboater

LOL. just hit me up when you are ready
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Sean over winter i am going to have you do my brakes, my 85mm MAF and my TB......

Since i am local, how much would you charge for all that?

My brakes i would like to keep my OEM ones and have the main caliper RED and the bracket BLACK

As for my TB and MAF, i will prolly do RED

What do you think?

Here is a pic of my engine bay. that is an old shot. But that lets you see the WHOLE bay, here is a close up of my catch can and new decals on my lid. This is how it sets now

OLD PIC

NEW PIC
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Motorboater

I think that all sounds nice, can't go wrong with a few red accents on a red car

Wouldn't be any shipping charges on the calipers obviously and I could take a few bucks off the other stuff for not having to ship them to you also.

is that catch can just bare polished metal? could be cool to coat that in red to match the TB, etc also. if its anodized clear or something that's ok i can shoot over it or strip it off quick.

lots and lots of cool stuff i could do in there, just depends on your budget for it that's all intake, valve covers, TB,MAf, coil brackets, catch can, polish the A/C dryer(or coat it)..list goes on and on:d

is the 85mm MAF plastic like the Z06 ones or is there a metal one out now? if its plastic we'd have to be sure it could take the heat.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
I think that all sounds nice, can't go wrong with a few red accents on a red car

Wouldn't be any shipping charges on the calipers obviously and I could take a few bucks off the other stuff for not having to ship them to you also.

is that catch can just bare polished metal? could be cool to coat that in red to match the TB, etc also. if its anodized clear or something that's ok i can shoot over it or strip it off quick.

lots and lots of cool stuff i could do in there, just depends on your budget for it that's all intake, valve covers, TB,MAf, coil brackets, catch can, polish the A/C dryer(or coat it)..list goes on and on:d

is the 85mm MAF plastic like the Z06 ones or is there a metal one out now? if its plastic we'd have to be sure it could take the heat.
The only thing that worries my is that GM when they paint our vehicles is that the paint in the engine bay is FLAT and looks like **** And if you powder coat it a nice and shiny red it will look dumb

My main concern with the calipers is that i get my OEMs back... i don;t like the thought of having someone elses stuff.... That is just me

the catch can is a Mike Norris one, and if i remember correctly it is anodized????

when i get my FAST intake, i will have you posder coat that too.. I wonder if i should leave the FAST logo on? Also what color? RED or BLACK....

I am not sure if the 85mm MAF is plastic or metal..

thanks Sean

-Jonas
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Motorboater

Easy solution there since you are local. Just give me one small part I'll do it in the mirror red that I typically use for everything. then you put it in there and if you hate the contrast we know where to go from there. there are ways to kill the gloss but keep the shade, you can add gloss killers to the powder, or just try to find the shade you like in a low level shine. There are a million powders out there. I have color rings at my house from one supplier with over 1,000 samples on them you can look at, and that supplier has 6500 colors on tap

if you are going with a red and black theme I would do the intake in black, using the same red for the intake and TB is too much IMO, gotta break it up. could leave the letters and I'd hand paint them in red to keep your theme of red and black

10-4 on the catch can, its no problem either way. bare, anodized, doesn't matter.

if you want to stop by with the car i can map out my suggestions in person and show you the color rings. I've had a few people do that who had fun with it and picked out their own custom colors that way. Did that with Larry@ Speed Inc for his LT1 parts I'm finishing up tonite.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Easy solution there since you are local. Just give me one small part I'll do it in the mirror red that I typically use for everything. then you put it in there and if you hate the contrast we know where to go from there. there are ways to kill the gloss but keep the shade, you can add gloss killers to the powder, or just try to find the shade you like in a low level shine. There are a million powders out there. I have color rings at my house from one supplier with over 1,000 samples on them you can look at, and that supplier has 6500 colors on tap

if you are going with a red and black theme I would do the intake in black, using the same red for the intake and TB is too much IMO, gotta break it up. could leave the letters and I'd hand paint them in red to keep your theme of red and black

10-4 on the catch can, its no problem either way. bare, anodized, doesn't matter.

if you want to stop by with the car i can map out my suggestions in person and show you the color rings. I've had a few people do that who had fun with it and picked out their own custom colors that way. Did that with Larry@ Speed Inc for his LT1 parts I'm finishing up tonite.

Great thanks for the tips Sean. I am soooo gald that i am local. Plus i dont know if you even remember me. I am friends with Bob and Amy.. Amy was going to get some stuff powder coated on her T/A...

But anyways.. Let me know when a time is good. This weekend is shot, i am my sons baptisim on sunday, so it is going to be a family weekend

Thanks

-Jonas
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Sent you a PM...

Thanks, Shawn
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Motorboater

yes, Jonas I believe I remember you from when I was talking to Amy about her car that nite at the meijer show. We'll set up a time for you to swing by soon

Replied to your PM on the wheels Shawn, thanks.

Quick Reply: The Powder Pro powdercoated brake caliper,ported throttle body,and MAF exchange!