Is there any way we could get a GP/sale on Spohn suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is there any way we could get a GP/sale on Spohn suspension?

I don't see any panhard rods for 190 on your site. The most expensive is 160. Am I missing something?

He asked for a price on the Panhard Bar in 4130 chrome moly. The spherical/spherical Panhard in Mild Steel is $160.00, in 4130 it's $190.00. You'll see the material choice option boxes at the bottom of the product pages.

Steve
Old 10-06-2003, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Which LCA is better for drag racing? I have a set of sperical ended LCA's know and I need a set of adjustable ones since I put these LCA relocation brackets on my 27" tires rub.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Which LCA is better for drag racing? I have a set of sperical ended LCA's know and I need a set of adjustable ones since I put these LCA relocation brackets on my 27" tires rub.

I always recommend at least one rod end, as it keeps the bind out of the suspension, which has tremendous performance benefits. Street, drag, autox, road racing, in any of these, bind is no good, and will be most prevelant with the LCAs.

The best LCA set up for a street driven performance car is the poly/spherical set up. When built properly, using quality parts, these LCAs are quiet, and you can't beat the performance. Adjustability with our units with this set up is very user friendly as well, we have a CNC machined male/female adjuster built onto the rod ended end of the LCA. You can see these LCAs here:

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1294

Steve
Old 10-07-2003, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got one more qeustion, If I buy the ones you recomended above does it matter which way you put them on? I'm assuming the poly end will be at the back of the car.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I've got one more qeustion, If I buy the ones you recomended above does it matter which way you put them on? I'm assuming the poly end will be at the back of the car.
You can run them either way. Theoretically you'll get better performance with the rod end at the front. Many guys run the poly up front so you have it as a road noise insulator on the floor mount. I've run them both ways and can't tell any advantage/difference either way.

Steve
Old 10-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Steve,

Would you be discounting the LS1 motor mounts and transmission crossmember for the LS1/6 into third gen camaro?

If so I will get in on that deal.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Steve,

Would you be discounting the LS1 motor mounts and transmission crossmember for the LS1/6 into third gen camaro?

If so I will get in on that deal.

Call me on that, as we have some new stuff we're finalizing for 82-92 LSx swaps that you may want to consider as well.

Steve
Old 10-08-2003, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna try to scrub some money together
Old 10-08-2003, 01:48 PM
9 Second Club NA

Steve: Ive been trying to get in all morning and afternoon ...are the phones off the hook? Let me know or free up a phone so that I can place the order.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Steve: Ive been trying to get in all morning and afternoon ...are the phones off the hook? Let me know or free up a phone so that I can place the order.

Sorry, phone's been ringing off the hook. I know you made it through, thanks for the order!

Steve
Old 10-08-2003, 04:42 PM
9 Second Club NA

Thanks Steve! Im glad that I got through because I was worried that I wouldnt in time to receive the discount. I didnt know what was going on over there because I had tried so many times. The way my luck has been going, I thought that it would be like that all week and I wouldnt be able to jump on the 10% off. I really appreciate it! Have a great day. Glad that you finally became a sponsor and gave all of us the opportunity to save some money.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:50 PM
9 Second Club NA

Spohn = great customer service and quality parts! I just wanted to inform everyone that if you have been thinking of purchasing Spohn products and have a hard time deciding...DO IT! Ive got one of his chromoly torque arms and its such a beautiful piece. Well designed, great welds, etc. I know that there's companies out there that offer similar products for less, but as the ole saying goes..."you pay what you get for!" Spohn uses quality rod ends, so that also contributes to the higher prices. You may pay a little more than others up front, but you'll save in the long run. I ordered my LCAs and PHB today and I cant wait to get them! Steve is also a very friendly person to talk with and in my book...customer service is one of the main things that I look for on the side of quality. Spohn has them both and thats what made up my mind. (oh and the discount too ) Thanks again Steve, keep up the good work!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Steve, I'll be getting in touch with you tomorrow.

There are several things that I would like to talk with you about.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just a reminder that the sale ends tommorow, Friday 10/10/03 at 5:00 PM (EST). Thanks to everyone who has ordered.

Steve