Sponsor Vehicle Projects & Shop Tours See what your LS1TECH Sponsors are working on.

Speed Inc TT LS1 typhoon build

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Inc TT LS1 typhoon build(updated pics)

I recently bought a 92 typhoon from texas,ultra solid truck,and decided to yank the 4.3 and throw in a iron block LS1.It will retain the AWD,A/C,power steering as well as the rest of the creature comforts.The motor is a 402 built by one of our engine builders,the heads are E.T 245's,custom INTMD8 hydraulic roller cam,plus the rest of the typical engine upgrades
The turbo system will be built by me and will include a set of GT35R's with the tail stainless housings,as well as 2 precision air/water intercooler cores with hand fabbed end tanks.
The trans is a FLT 4L80E with the George Blake H.D. imput shaft and the ST/TY performance adaptor for T-case.I will be hanging a Ford 8.8 rear end with a hand fabbed 4 link set-up and disk brakes,the front brakes will be C5 disks and rotors.
I was able to pull the motor and get started on the LS install last week,the oil pan started life as a 07 Escalade pan but by the time I got finished clearencing it you would never know,the motor mount are staight forward pieces welded directly to the cross member.I will post more picks as the progress goes along,here are some from last week,the first is the truck as i recieved it:

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/q...mal95/typhoon/

Last edited by danimal95; 12-11-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

this truck is going to be sick!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool build Dan...will be watching as the truck progresses.....
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Cool build Dan...will be watching as the truck progresses.....

Ill be in-touch with you guys when it's time to build the rear contoll arms
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem
Old 12-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

more progress has been made the motor and trans are in the final position as well as all the accessories,including the a/c which was kept in the stock LS location,lower pass of engine.it was a challenge getting it to fit,i really didnt want nor could afford the space lost if i was to use a high mount unit.i had to take minimal amounts of the frame out,which will be boxed in.i had to use a trailblazer ss a/c compressor,it was the shortest and the thinest unit i could find.it still required me to make my own mounts for the unit itself and for the tensioner,im quit happy with how it turned out,and was considering having the brakets reproduced if any one would be interested.

the fabrication of the turbo system should be started next week,im just waiting for the turbos and intercoolers,to arrrive fron exile turbo,2 garret GT35R's and 2 garret 1000hp a/w cores,it appears that these headers will be the easiest that i have built and i expect them to be done by the end of next week

here are the pics:http://www.fquick.com/garages/GMC/Typhoon/1992/25691/
Old 12-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

updated pics are available in my fquick page,or in the forced induction section here

Quick Reply: Speed Inc TT LS1 typhoon build