Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Factory keyless and alarm help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory keyless and alarm help!!!

Keyless and alarm both work great. When I lock the car, the horn beeps one time and the parking lights flash.

After about 20 seconds after locking, the car will beep the horn twice really loud.

What does this mean??? The doors are shut and the lights are off btw. Any help tracking this down would help me out.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beeping once when arming means something isn't closed - mine has done that when the hatch wasn't fully shut.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Well everything is shut. Possibly the sensor for the door isn't triggered, but then wouldn't the light in the car stay on for a while like the door is opened? It doesn't do that.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Nobody knows or ever encountered this problem? I unhooked the horn because this is very annoying. I would like to have my horn back.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Same deal.

I've been without an LS1 for 2 years and just got a 99 TA. It had a nice head unit and aftermarket amp. I have the same problem. It's exactly 6 seconds from the time I close the last door. I disconnected the aftermarket amp wiring and re wired the radio head unit (unrelated?) and I still have the problem. Do you have an aftermarket radio? Maybe it's reading that it doesn't have the stock radio? Current draw on the radio circuit?

As for any doors being open; the alarm should never trigger until everything is shut. It isn't triggered on mine until I shut the last door. Plus all of the door/ light logic seems to work right. I tried every alarm program setting and keyless entry setting and I have the same problem too. It also decides to honk twice randomly, hours after it's been parked.

Bumpedy bump bump for both of us!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I should've done a little more searching before posting...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-question.html

I hope this works.