Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

headlight keeps burning out

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight keeps burning out

once again one of my headlight is out! im not worried about replacing it since it takes nothing more than 5 min to do and its only about 5 bucks but my question is... does every trans am have headlight problems? my last firebird went through them about every 3 months it seemed like and now my new TA has the drivers side out. anybody else have this problem or do i just have bad luck with it?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by doublea87
once again one of my headlight is out! im not worried about replacing it since it takes nothing more than 5 min to do and its only about 5 bucks but my question is... does every trans am have headlight problems? my last firebird went through them about every 3 months it seemed like and now my new TA has the drivers side out. anybody else have this problem or do i just have bad luck with it?
I have had this problem - I think that Sylvania put a bad batch of lamps out on the market in the past year or so: (See the posts below.)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...rning-out.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...eadlights.html
Old 05-02-2009, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the tips ill check into it alittle more, maybe see if autozone has a lifetime bulb or at least a good warrenty and take the old bulb back saying it didnt work and get a new one for free.