Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless push button start

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless push button start

Well I have been looking into this and I found it check out this web site. It looks like it works but has any budy put it on a LS1?

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/index.html
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

A search for "push button start" returned 62 threads.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

Keylesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss

with a keyfob like the new vette NOT WITH A KEY THAT YOU TURN THEN PUSH THE BUTTON
Old 05-19-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanted this before i got my viper... its going to involve you getting into the steering column and taking out the lock. it can be done though. is it going to unlock the doors also?
i dont think it is going to be the best alarm though.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

not sure I am going to call them and get more info I will be post my findings
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

i dont understand why ou would want keyless remote start. if i go to sit on my couch with the remote in my pocket and start the car that would be bad. specialy if its bed time. best case scenario is ill have no gas left.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

MAN people dont read!!! Im guilty as well, but i would like to point these out

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00

A search for "push button start" returned 62 threads.
Thats great, push button has been talked about much timos, but he said KEYLESS push button meaning eliminating having to sit down, turn the key, and then start the car. Never been discussed on here other than people asking about adapting the corvette system, big difference. That pictures hella funny though!! LOL

Originally Posted by greezy
i dont understand why ou would want keyless remote start. if i go to sit on my couch with the remote in my pocket and start the car that would be bad. specialy if its bed time. best case scenario is ill have no gas left.
Not REMOTE START, PUSH BUTTON START, completely different and i have no idea how you confused one for the other, but you're way off. Push button keyless meaning as you walk towards your car, the doors unlock just by you carrying something on you (like a card in your wallet on vettes). You sit down, and do nothing, just push a button on your car starts. So no theres no start button on the remote, just INSIDE the car. In fact, i dont think there is a remote. LOL. Way cool!! And you cant accidentally start it. And on top of that, FYI, all remote start systems are on timers, usually a maximum of 5 minutes and then if the key hasnt been inserted, they automatically turn OFF.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2500HD6.0
Well I have been looking into this and I found it check out this web site. It looks like it works but has any budy put it on a LS1?

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/index.html
You ever try it out? IM really curious about this still.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x2. I'd like to see where some of you guys go with this.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ~^~

Originally Posted by evilZO6
MAN people dont read!!! Im guilty as well, but i would like to point these out

Thats great, push button has been talked about much timos, but he said KEYLESS push button meaning eliminating having to sit down, turn the key, and then start the car. Never been discussed on here other than people asking about adapting the corvette system, big difference. That pictures hella funny though!! LOL

Not REMOTE START, PUSH BUTTON START, completely different and i have no idea how you confused one for the other, but you're way off. Push button keyless meaning as you walk towards your car, the doors unlock just by you carrying something on you (like a card in your wallet on vettes). You sit down, and do nothing, just push a button on your car starts. So no theres no start button on the remote, just INSIDE the car. In fact, i dont think there is a remote. LOL. Way cool!! And you cant accidentally start it. And on top of that, FYI, all remote start systems are on timers, usually a maximum of 5 minutes and then if the key hasnt been inserted, they automatically turn OFF.
Good points, maybe it is not the same for pre-C6 but I know the C6's use a key fob with a lock button, panic, and trunk pop. No ignition key.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My mom had one on her Exporer that cuts off after 15 mins or if you touch a pedal without putting in a key. I've thought about it for mine but I'd rather just save it for mods.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds cool but overpriced in my opinion since it doesn't do simple things an alarm does like opening locks. I suppose you 'd need an another remote to unlock/lock doors.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hers had all of it on one fob.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

It's all possible. . . Just a pain. . .

Would be way cool though.

The thing on that site seems cheesy. . .

You would need some sort of remote transponder recognition, you would not be able to use the OEM steering wheel lock and last you would most likely want a nice key fob setup.

Quick Reply: Keyless push button start