Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

adding old school high beam switch to 02 z

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding old school high beam switch to 02 z

i recently bought an 02z to replace my 79 camaro. the 79 had the high beam switch on the floor and i really liked that. i am also having dificulty pulling the turn signal stick back to turn the high beams on.

so i was thinking i could install a floor switch on that hard plastic foot rest by the kick panel. seems straight forward- intercept the wires to the high beams before they go into the column and route them into the foot pedal. bolt the switch down to the foot rest.

am i missing anything? anyone done this before?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There have been other threads about this in the past, but I recall everyone being talked out of it. You just don't have the foot room in a later model car than in a 79. That dead pedal is needed for a foot rest. You probably use it a whole lot more than you realize.

If you can wait a few years, we should be able to just use brain waves to control the thing: http://www.emotiv.com/apps/epoc/297/
Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Even If GM uses this mind reading tech, I wonder if the "breaking twig" of a sound affect would be incorporated into the cars just so we don't miss the sound of our current turn signal levers.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I've seen it done twice. I was only able to find 1 thread where someone did it, but the pics are gone.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ere-floor.html