Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new alternator and wiring ordered

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default new alternator and wiring ordered

hoping i wont regret my choice but my alternator has been failing yet again in my lt1 so i figured i'd give it a shot...i ordered from powerbastards a chrome plated 240a and a big3 0/1 gauge kit from innovative wires....spoke with the pb alternators and they told me theirs are under rated which is a plus and told me documented tested to put out about 120-130a at idle which is huge since 140a is rated for these cars..hopefully for once i can have my system hitting the way it should and no more 12 volts at idle and max of 13.5 volts on highway...will post up what i think when the brown guys drop them off and i install them.....i just didnt see spending the 200+ to have mine rebuilt and hopefully upgraded and still have to repolish mine when for less then a hundred more i can get a chrome palted one and a lil more have a clean nice looking big3 upgrade
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well just finally got everything put in today and it may just be my imagination but the car is deff running better and reponse is crisp now....on the express way i run 14.6 volts with everything on according to my radar detector meter and around 13.6 with everything at idle......during the winter i have to do alot of rearranging of wires and stuff because i can say 1/0 guage wires are not the easiest to route but they are in for now......only a few hickups now .......all my brake..abs...and asr lights are on now...and my stereo is acting funny and cutting out real bad now...when checking my amps 2 are reading 12.8 volts while idleing and my third says low so i have to check that out......not sure if its the amps/the crossover/ or the capacitor....