Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need something better.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need something better.

I am just looking for some easy bolt/ plug in speakers for my car. Half of my speakers are blown. Which ones do you guys recommend for the doors, sides and the rears? The stock sound system was fine except I kept blowing the side speakers and don't feel like buying more stock ones. I'm taking the car from a drag car back to more of a fun weekend cruiser. So I need some good sound. I don't want to replace any wiring. Just plug and play.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had packages that do pretty close to that for awhile now, close to three years+. Keep in mind, nothing aftermarket is plug and play but what I have is pretty close. You just reuse the stock connectors off the old speakers and reuse them with the new which allows them to plug back into the stock harness in the car without cutting into it.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:25 AM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking for the same thing. Half the speakers are blown that i have and i want to get a good sounding stock replacement speakers for my monsoon system. I was planing on re-using the connectors off the stock speakers anyhow. What do you have, and will it sounds like stock or be a little bit better and last longer?

I was also thinking about putting a 5x7 or something in the rear as it looks like you could fit a big oval speaker. Is this possible and would you have anything? would it provide a better and deeper quality sounds the 6.5" speakers lack?
Old 11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have had packages that do pretty close to that for awhile now, close to three years+. Keep in mind, nothing aftermarket is plug and play but what I have is pretty close. You just reuse the stock connectors off the old speakers and reuse them with the new which allows them to plug back into the stock harness in the car without cutting into it.
Can you shoot me a price on the speakers? I don't mind a little bit of wiring. I need some speakers(stock size) that put out some decent base without exploding like the stockers do. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

I personally like MTX. Really good for the money. Alpine type R's are my top choice for a little more dough, they have really good mids and bass for small speakers.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

I just had rockford fosgate's put in and I couldnt be more happier, you would think there is a sub in the trunk.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

I have Infinity Kappas all the way around.. 6.5 in the front and 4" in the rear and two 10 stealth boxes.. and a CAP hehe.. sounds betttttter then stock and it wasnt that expensive...