Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speaker Suggestions

Hey guys,
I am looking to do a complete system in my 2000 Trans Am from top to bottom. I do still have my custom box and Alpine Type R 12's from my last TA but that's it. I guess I can start off by telling you what my old systems was and what I liked and didn't like about it for purposes of getting feedback.

Deck was Pioneer Z-3 flipout with navi.
Door and sail speakers were kicker speakers, components in the front and just regular 6.5's in rear. 450.4 Kicker amp for the highs and can't remember the amp for the subs but know it was kicker. The subs were the Alpine Type R 12's.

I like the system for the most part, the subs never got loud enough, but I put my buddies 1000 watt alpine amp on it and they sounded amazing so I guess they were underpowered.

The speakers for the high's hissed and sounded like they were in a tin can. They never really distorted other than that.

My budget is about 1500. I already have a new deck and it is a Pioneer z-130bt.

I want a stereo that is going to be crisp and clear. I listen to all different types of music so balance is also necessary. Thank you in advance for suggestions. BTW the budget is to cover amps and speakers.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

No one?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to car toys, etc. And ask them like you wanna buy a system, then write it all down and go to eBay lol.

Then you can listen to them all in the store and pick a deck you really like then just eBay it for like 65% of what they want.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or PM a sponsor I think KeeAudio is the main one
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

I have done the car toys thing megatron... they sound very different in those rooms than the do in the car. I have been looking at a couple of the kits that Kee has... I just have never seen CDT anywhere before...